Pages:
Author

Topic: 400 BTC sent to an unknow address. (COINS RETURNED) 40 BTC reward. - page 4. (Read 19821 times)

legendary
Activity: 3582
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
If a Bitcoin veteran can make this kind of mistake, something needs to be done to make the addressing foolproof.

Making anything "foolproof" just breeds more efficient fools.

Maybe a higher expectation of people to exercise a little bit of personal responsibility would be more productive.

It seems to me Goat has demonstrated the proper attitude in taking responsibility and helping us all to learn a valuable lesson.

But hey, I'm just weird that way,
Sam

Well bitcoin is not foolproof enough for my parents and it will never be for my grandparents. and yeah, i fucked up and I was multi tasking and very distracted.

The community here has helped me track it down to odds are GLBSE 1.0 so maybe I have a shot of getting it back.

if so that would be awesome. I did open a ticket about it at the request of nefario and I know he is busy and fail like this is not, nor should be his priority.

I hope your successful in getting your coins back.  Even the possibility says allot about the bitcoin community.

To make transactions more foolproof will ultimately take away the anonymity and privacy that is now inherent in Bitcoin.

In time there will be more mature services and new devices which will ameliorate error's like this, if one chooses to make use of them and therefore relinquish some privacy and anonymity.
Sam
legendary
Activity: 3582
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
If a Bitcoin veteran can make this kind of mistake, something needs to be done to make the addressing foolproof.

Making anything "foolproof" just breeds more efficient fools.

Maybe a higher expectation of people to exercise a little bit of personal responsibility would be more productive.

It seems to me Goat has demonstrated the proper attitude in taking responsibility and helping us all to learn a valuable lesson.

But hey, I'm just weird that way,
Sam
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
Good luck with this sounds nasty :/
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015
Is there a way we can rules this out 100%?   I so thought I was on the right track Sad
No, but would 90% be good enough?

I already told you, the address you sent to was used by a client that had a unique transaction fee set up: 0.001 BTC/kb. That exactly matches GLBSE at the time. Continue trying to follow up with Nefario.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/big-changes-at-bittleshipscom-huge-winnings-bittleshipscom-46509

I think this might be where my coins went.

Xenland, Did you happen to ever play this game as well?

Thanks.
Oh yeah that brings back nostalgia, that game does... So yeah i'd have to say I have played it before maybe once or twice.

That game gave me 0.6 BTC when I had 0 in my wallet... I made a very, very high return on that 0.6 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/big-changes-at-bittleshipscom-huge-winnings-bittleshipscom-46509

I think this might be where my coins went.

Xenland, Did you happen to ever play this game as well?

Thanks.
Oh yeah that brings back nostalgia, that game does... So yeah i'd have to say I have played it before maybe once or twice.
Activity: 144
Merit: 100
Yeah, they wanted to know what you sent it to. But if you can't remember or can't find out, then that's too bad.
There's 40 BTC if you do remember though.

No.  The question is what service Xenland was sending from when he made the payments to people in this thread.  According to evidence in the block chain, the service that received Goat's original 1.96 BTC (and the 400 BTC) is the same as the service that sent payments to the addresses in that thread.

I think it is GLBSE.  Goat, did you contact Nefario yet?  I'm trying to resist PMing more people on your behalf.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
Xenland is misunderstanding.
He has looked for 400 bitcoins in his wallets. This is not the information Goat needs from him.

So it seems very clear that you sent your 1.96 BTC to the same wallet that Xenland sent his payments from in that thread.  It is not necessarily his wallet -- it could be an online service.
The 400 coins of course won't show up in Xenland's wallets. What goat needs to know from Xenland, is who/what service the address belonged to, that both Goat and Xenland sent money to.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to uh, pm Xenland about this again or something, I'm not going to do that Smiley

ehrrr??? That actually sorta cleared up some confusion but still sorta lost how I am required of any information. If I'm being asked what service I sent from its my wallet or glbse or possibly mtgox. but if i'm asked what service I sent it too lol i have no idea.....
Yeah, they wanted to know what you sent it to. But if you can't remember or can't find out, then that's too bad.
There's 40 BTC if you do remember though.
legendary
He has looked for 400 bitcoins in his wallets. This is not the information Goat needs from him.

So it seems very clear that you sent your 1.96 BTC to the same wallet that Xenland sent his payments from in that thread.  It is not necessarily his wallet -- it could be an online service.
The 400 coins of course won't show up in Xenland's wallets. What goat needs to know from Xenland, is who/what service the address belonged to, that both Goat and Xenland sent money to.

Just my 2 cents. Feel free to uh, pm Xenland about this again or something, I'm not going to do that Smiley

ehrrr??? That actually sorta cleared up some confusion but still sorta lost how I am required of any information. If I'm being asked what service I sent from its my wallet or glbse or possibly mtgox. but if i'm asked what service I sent it too lol i have no idea.....

yeah, i do not blame you at all for not remembering, i have no idea what i did 6 months ago either:)
Good luck mate!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hope you get your coins back Goat, you are a good guy !

I would have jumped off a roof if I lost 400 BTC Cheesy
legendary

So it seems very clear that you sent your 1.96 BTC to the same wallet that Xenland sent his payments from in that thread.  It is not necessarily his wallet -- it could be an online service.

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
my guess is glbse or a donation somewhere...

Faucet maybe? lol

Did it grow by 400BTC by any chance.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502

Maybe some donation site? mmm
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
it is not in my glbse 2 account. i will have to check the 1 account. thanks for the help guys and i will keep you updated.
Old deposit addresses were one-use only (with Nefario needing to manually add repeat deposits).

In 2.0, I think you can reuse addresses.
Could be GLBSE. I think I was using it back then. Not 100% sure.   I sure picked a fail address lol. It's what I get for multitasking, lol.

If you don't see the funds in your GLBSE account, contact Nefario.  He may be able to find the funds in an old wallet.
legendary
How about GLBSE?

I found a reference to a 0.005 BTC withdrawal fee in this post.

Also Xenland uses GLBSE.

Goat, perhaps you sent the 400 BTC to your GLBSE deposit address?
Verified.
Will there still be the .01 btc withdrawl fee, or are you lowering it to .0005? Is the minimum withdrawl size still in effect?

Withdrawl fee will be 0.001, min withdrawl being 0.5btc, thats reasonable right?
Fees match the pattern.
How about GLBSE?

I found a reference to a 0.005 BTC withdrawal fee in this post.

Also Xenland uses GLBSE.

Goat, perhaps you sent the 400 BTC to your GLBSE deposit address?
legendary
Xenland, were you using a load-balanced client system? Whoever owns this wallet was either constantly switching fees, or they were running more than one client on the same wallet.
legendary
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.588947

This seems to be somewhat connected?

Maybe I did send coins to cheaper in Bitcoins?

How is anything in that thread related to your 400 coins ? just asking

I'm curious still how I'm involved with this -- especially this address linked in particular i didn't see a connection?
Pages:
Jump to: