Pages:
Author

Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already - page 28. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 11:50:56 PM
In my opinion this is not bad number because that mean alot of ICO was successfully, new ICO everyday and in a month a hundreed ICO was exist in the market. Popularitas ICO just began so will be more ICO come in to market and some of them will be the same situation because low quality product and service and does not have strong community to support the project. ICO should be under regulation so can be to maximize the quality of the product and to protect investor from fraud.
Activity: 31
Merit: 4
February 27, 2018, 11:39:59 PM
That's why many countries are banning their citizens from investing in ico. But the ban is very good and the government is preventing its citizens from investing wrongly.

I'm sure the future of ico will decrease, because the developers will continue to race to make the best ico.

Yeah also every cost component of running an ICO has increased recently so that adds another barrier that can weed out some of the scam projects out there. Not all of them but some.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
February 27, 2018, 09:38:53 PM
And this year will be more becouse all those crap-coins that its borning everyday will not exist from an year to now due to non value in their community and project.

But look at the new promising and security tokens and coin that will born in this year so you can profit from them and build your portfolio
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 09:23:17 PM
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

This is a very sad news for all of us engaging ourselves in cryptocurrency. Although at the first place we should anticipated that this would happen when we first join cryptocurrency. One of the main reason here is the banning of cryptocurrencies in other countries. This has a great impact in cryptocurrency world. Followed by banks that are not to accept cryptocurrencies as for they questioned the source of funds. Also we cannot blame the market because at first we all know that it is a volatile market. No one can predict its outcome.
Activity: 420
Merit: 102
February 27, 2018, 08:52:53 PM
So more than 50% is success , that good number for beginning ICO market, in the next step will be more ICO and more competition so the product that they offer will be more quality. Investor should be smart now to put their money in to ICO and learn carefully about fundamental of the project to reduce the risk.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Transforming the Global Shipping Industry
February 27, 2018, 08:49:33 PM
It's not strange, and I'm pretty sure that 90% of those failed projects haven't failed for real, but devs just run away with raised money. Take a part only in trusted companies!
Merit: 17
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I
February 27, 2018, 08:43:25 PM
90% of new businesses fail within a few years so why should ICO's be any different. Yet still there are thousands of good stocks and there will be thousands of good tokens.

For ICOs it's going to be a higher percentage since most of them didn't even have a business yet, they just wrote a white paper and a smart contract and posted them on a website. Which they probably outsourced too.
Activity: 232
Merit: 103
February 27, 2018, 08:20:27 PM
90% of new businesses fail within a few years so why should ICO's be any different. Yet still there are thousands of good stocks and there will be thousands of good tokens.
Activity: 672
Merit: 274
February 27, 2018, 08:19:08 PM

• 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

As long as failed ICOs are not equated to failed projects. It is more a combination of failed marketing efforts and the rejection of unwanted offerings than anything else.
Activity: 378
February 27, 2018, 08:10:09 PM
What is undeniable is that most of the ICO project this year next year will die, because they have no value, the significance of their existence is to encircle money only, appear too many too many fraud project.
I agree that there are too many useless projects that do not bring anything new into the crypt. I so often fall on a scam that is almost in despair. I’m not a newbie, but still could not distinguish where is sam..
EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I
February 26, 2018, 05:42:15 PM
Even the good projects have dropped by 80% in value. Maybe they were overvalued, maybe it's just the general mood right now: the hype and the fear of missing out are gone.

You can't really compare ICOs with stocks yet. Currently they are simply priced based on hope and promises, not by p/e ratios and that kind of stuff. If the mood improves the prices can swing up again.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 05:41:24 PM

This could be the possible thing may happen due to the fact of having so many created ICO's toady and also some of them are just scam project(they are totally dead). Market is very tricky and we are so lucky if a certain project may success from crowsade sale or they just disappead in the middle of their campaign.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
February 26, 2018, 05:21:17 PM
I began to carefully check all the projects in which I invest money that one I can to study even more than a one week, and even with such selection, I all the way get on scam ..
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
February 26, 2018, 02:49:22 PM
That is very interesting to read I knew a lot would die this year or next year but I was very surprised to see that almost half have failed. I am sure a lot of those ICOs would actually fight this conclusion however.

What will be more interesting is to see how many successful ICOs fail to develop or launch their product, or eventually bust and lose all their investors funds. I bet this will make 2019 very interesting.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
February 26, 2018, 02:47:09 PM

In general, fraudulent ICO projects, failed projects and projects for which tokens have already been issued, but for which companies do not work, is no more than 60 percent. In principle, this is not such a big figure, given the easy availability of such projects for everyone. However, this in turn means that about 40 percent of ICO projects after the release of tokens continue to work successfully. Even if half of them are successful, that is 20 percent, this is about 180 new good coins that will have the right to exist and develop. This is generally quite good, because that's how the crypto currency can grow and develop.
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
February 26, 2018, 02:45:27 PM
It is up for the company if they wanted to continue their own project. ICO is just afunding stage in which they are asking people to fund their project because they have shortage of funds. That's why. I don't think it has an effect for us.
Activity: 322
February 26, 2018, 02:44:08 PM

It's quite normal bur this kind of non-matured market, model.
Even what percentage of the start-ups survive? And these fails help the market get matured, investors get experienced.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 02:24:48 PM
Unfortunately not all ICO are successful. Some fail at the financing stage some later. But it is very young market and it is good that though it is possible to call some of ICO successful. I think over time there will be more qualitatively thought over projects.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
February 26, 2018, 01:55:59 PM
Although this figure is likely to grow, I think investors are getting smarter with their money. Crazy to invest in a project with no working product, even it's a prototype or MVP.
CV proof..best project 2018
February 26, 2018, 01:47:51 PM
i don't know whether figures are 100% correct or not..but I agree with the summery..yes most of the icos are failed..why is that? the main reason is bad project concepts/unrealistic concepts...how can i find a good project concept? you have to study about the project well. how can i identify good project?
i will explain with a good example.its CVProof..its upcoming good ico..most probably best of 2018.why the concept of that soo important?
it's a brand new idea..ico based on the job market.jobseekers CV connect with human resource managers of companies via a website called cvproof.com.
CVproof allows companies to easily verify - and in a cost-effective way - whether an applicant holds the validated career credentials needed for the role. It is the first digital CV platform to guarantee full integrity around the credentials at each major career milestone.see how important it is?this kind of project concepts never fail..so dont miss this kind of projects.you never fail
Pages:
Jump to: