Pages:
Author

Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already - page 24. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
As people say this percentage is not so high
I think this report can help beginner investors to be more careful before investing in ICO

Let's hope so. Because noobs are going crazy over ICOs having been told of how a few ico vaporwares did 100x on exchanges. The end game isn't about the few returns but to see the platform succeed. If the platform turns out to be a success, investors would be part of those to be rewarded.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
We can say still its not bad at all as many projects still hanging around and fighting for life but main thing is these ICO's devs need to do some hard work and give more solid projects for attraction as  peoples want some good return of investment and this can give if you have good unique idea for your project without this most probably chance these figures are going to increase
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
No problem man! this is the rule of market. if you do not well, you will die. But let's look at the 54% the other. they really have provided good products and services for our life. thank you
54% is a good enough result for this sphere of production at the initial stage of development. I even think that this is a very good result with the current "Wild West", which is happening in the market.  Cheesy
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/
  • 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
Bad news(
But 54% ICOs still alive)
It's true, there are more than half of the ICO that have not disappeared and launched their products and continue to implement plans according to the road map. Now a lot of projects are appearing, but if you approach ICO correctly for investment, your chances will increase. And those projects that are launched and made their investors x5-x10 will pay off your unsuccessful investments, so do not be afraid, do not panic, but carefully choose ICO before investing.
Activity: 118
No problem man! this is the rule of market. if you do not well, you will die. But let's look at the 54% the other. they really have provided good products and services for our life. thank you
Activity: 280
There is nothing new in these numbers and it is not even huge, usually new markets show bigger projects failing.
I had similar thoughts. If you look at the statistics of ordinary small businesses, then new firms suffer even more setbacks. The above statistics do look quite good for a completely new area of the economy. I think that this can even be called the success of the ICO.  Smiley
Activity: 462
There is nothing new in these numbers and it is not even huge, usually new markets show bigger projects failing.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Not all the time, that a certain business would be successfully operated, we learn and accepts the facts that sometimes, there are some failures on a certain business. And that is  a nature of a business, failure and success, it depends of the management system on how the way they manage their business to become successful. Failure of business maybe comes on a wrong management system.
Activity: 532
It only means that more and more people are getting vigillant because people do a lot of reserching now because from the past there are  alot of scam projects who have stole a millions of dollars from the investors,that is why people have learned how to lessen the risk of joing these scam projects,greedy people will always find their way to scam people.
Great, well we can't control those scammers out there doing such bad things in order to have easy money without too much effort. I believe those 46% ICOs are most of them are not legit which they caught attention by many and since their platforms and features are not as good compare to legit one they decide to have a massive field. Hopefully most of all here in the forum should be attentive and observant to those scammers.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

• 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
There were so many ICOs last year and some from last year still to be launched, it quickly became a trend to start an ICO and there were many scam ICOs about as it looks to be easy money for some.

I have invested in a few and 2 of those turned out to be useless and never took off, there are a couple that are still to launch this year which seem quite decent.

I am not surprised by the 46%.
Activity: 287

99% of all ICOs do not carry any useful ideas, and if they are, they are initially unrealizable. Everyone beautifully describes how to do this, but as time goes by before the practical application of the idea, the difficulties begin and everything will end with the discharge of tokens on the exchange.   
Activity: 294
Merit: 2

Bad news(
But 54% ICOs still alive)
Activity: 308
Merit: 22
Definitely not bad. For venture funds investors 1of10 is enough to be highly successful. ICO is similar. If 1of10 gives you 100x return, it will make up for a loss of other 9. I'm sure out of this 54% only 10% further survive.
Activity: 217
Merit: 1
It really is unfortunate to have these coins fail, the statistics alone will grow more
over the next few months as soon as they get listed, some of them will never get that
chance to be listed in the first place. The probability for failure is an indication that
a lot can really happen even with strong and promising projects backing them up.
Maybe they lack strong structure and financial support, nonetheless weak ICOs are
filtered by or through the process of failure to meet standards and requirements,
where they end up being unapproved on their applications. That is just how things
work I guess, It's survival and luck.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
What is really meaned about failed?
it is hard to say "failed" about a project.
For example...who can say my ICO failled or will failled  and on wich criterias?
Activity: 129
At the end of January and early February, I invested in several ico projects, which are currently losing money. I am very disappointed that the ico market is no longer easy to make money.

Activity: 238
to my mind it is a good statistic because  if we compare traditional business, after first 2 years 75% of enterprises suffer bankruptcy, and 30-40% of left - suffer bankruptcy after next 5 years
Yes, I also see positive moments in this negative topic. This means that 54% of the projects still live and continue to develop. In my opinion, this is definitely not bad.  Wink

In my bounty campaign experiences, I've been in a lot of failed bounty campaigns although they have a very good projects but they were not earning good investments due to lack of marketing or their social communities is not really into growing.
That's why some ICOs aren't even hit their soft capitals and fail to continue.
Activity: 238

There's no guarantee that every ICOs will be have a successful launch because it's not about the effectiveness of the project but also a gameplay of overall factors like marketing and developments.
Most ICOs that were failed due to lack of staff and marketing because most ICOs and projects are not yet fully developed due to funding issues.
Activity: 308
to my mind it is a good statistic because  if we compare traditional business, after first 2 years 75% of enterprises suffer bankruptcy, and 30-40% of left - suffer bankruptcy after next 5 years
Yes, I also see positive moments in this negative topic. This means that 54% of the projects still live and continue to develop. In my opinion, this is definitely not bad.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140

Oh well, this is the sad truth, nothing we can do about it. This is something that we can obviously say that is completely out of our hands/control. This is why having the proper knowledge and the effort to read the details of every ICO you want to invest in is very important. Because if you invest blindly, you will most likely fail and lose a lot of capital instead of earn a lot of profits. Now, for those who have invested already and are at a loss, just go all in and forget about you coins that are already color red. just move on and don't sell, leave it for a while, who knows? It may go up in value in the future. But you have to know if that coin is still worth holding so please do keep reading and search for latest news about the coins you are currenty holding from these various ICOs.
This is indeed the sad truth and been always part of the risk when we do make investment into these particular ICO. Dont go for long term if you arent sure into projects capabilities because not all projects would able to sustain for long term and most of them do only pump for few times then hard dump on forever which would really result into such failure.As an investor we should really be ready into this kind of scenarios to be experienced.If you are careless enough then expect this would really happen to your folio.
Pages:
Jump to: