Pages:
Author

Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already - page 25. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 835
Merit: 502
to my mind it is a good statistic because  if we compare traditional business, after first 2 years 75% of enterprises suffer bankruptcy, and 30-40% of left - suffer bankruptcy after next 5 years
Activity: 1096
Merit: 167
46% is a big lose for ico's...devlopers  should'nt declare a ico before  knowing the magnitude of the attention directed to their idea
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

Oh well, this is the sad truth, nothing we can do about it. This is something that we can obviously say that is completely out of our hands/control. This is why having the proper knowledge and the effort to read the details of every ICO you want to invest in is very important. Because if you invest blindly, you will most likely fail and lose a lot of capital instead of earn a lot of profits. Now, for those who have invested already and are at a loss, just go all in and forget about you coins that are already color red. just move on and don't sell, leave it for a while, who knows? It may go up in value in the future. But you have to know if that coin is still worth holding so please do keep reading and search for latest news about the coins you are currenty holding from these various ICOs.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

• 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

Yeah, I've seen this article. I guess it's a common statistics for startups. Mostly people don't notice these failures because experienced guys are able to move the capital from one project to another on time.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 630
New investments are increasing day by day. I think the crypto currency market has lost confidence for this reason. Particularly fake projects are badly affecting people's view of this market. For ICOs, a number of systems should be established to control the realization of the infrastructure or the legal arrangement of these ICOs. Of the 10 new projects I followed, 7 did not succeed in 1 year. Instead of generating unnecessary projects in this way, I think stronger crypto currency should be uncovered with serious partnerships.
Activity: 252
Merit: 12

Markets needed regulators, I mean only for ICOs because their KYC it's nothing. 2018 year will show to us which ICO from 2017 is scam.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
Well that is what happens when there is so much hype around ICOs that so many useless and badly setup projects come to life. That is also why I think it's a good thing to regulate around ICOs, because it will allow only the more legit projects t survive giving them more chance to make it in the end.
Activity: 395
Merit: 129

I have read the article, but I would expect also to get some more data about which ICOs exactly have failed, etc. Giving numbers with no data neither references is of very little use.
Activity: 30
ICO with coins not integrated into the ecosystem are most likely to fail
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
This area is relatively new and it is not surprising that many ICOs have failed.I think that in the future this situation will change and everything will be more successful
Activity: 420
Of course you're right. At the same time, investors pawn this risk at the time of investment. If you count the statistics on the growth of the market for this period, then you will understand that it was more than voiced by 46%
Activity: 98

This is a common practice. The cryptocurrency market is very volatile and they simply could not stick to its conditions.
Activity: 294

indeed not a few ICOs fail, but not all are fraudulent, fraud-driven failures are already planned, successful or not the program will leave investors without a refund, but ICOs who do not intend to commit fraud even if they fail. they will not leave investors. but will refund the funds that have been invested
Activity: 504
For someone or something to be successful, there is always failures. We should thank them because they played that  part and losing so much money so we can get here and know what to avoid next time.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 102
I've joined some ICO last year. Invested and was scammed and some lost their value totally. But since I joined social media campaigns here in bitcointalk I learned to know good ICOs and scam. Alts of no use loose their value totally after ICO. I've learned to check the ICOs team members, their projects and their coin's properties.
Activity: 451
Merit: 10
I think half of 46% ICO failed because scam project, actually idea of ICO is good, but some of them try to scam investor and collect easy money, I don't think ICO will die soon, everyday also have new ICO project come out, just careful and invest in big project
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
Its not bad. Failed ICOS on funding stage refunded the money so there is no problem on that.
Scam ICOs are the biggest problem and its just a baby market for icos so no need to worry for now.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
Pretty sad statistics, but still I think that this is not the right statistic, because it can not be that every second ICO was scam, so I do not think it's true. Probably a percentage of about 20%, I'll try it, but still it's a lot.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

This is a very sad statistics.
So I think  that it would be nice to adopt some laws to protect investors and their money.Then there would be more investors who are ready to invest their money in ICO.

You invest in a project and one can not know in advance that a project does not fail.
Law can not avoid unsuccess.

I wondering how statistics can say if a project failed or not...if we only know in the future.
Once is sure my ICO has not failed and i'm sute my ICO is not in the statistics.
Activity: 60
Merit: 4
I think 46% is allot higher than I was expecting. Most businesses fail within the first year anyway in all industries. The majority of ICO's don't even have a working product, just the vaugue promise of a business. We consider it good if they have a white paper, good team and are active on social media. These are hardly high parameters so money is being given people who in traditional venture capital as totally inadequate. Yet over half have survived the first year in business in a market that is small when compared to other sectors
Pages:
Jump to: