Pages:
Author

Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already - page 9. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
At first, I was very upset that many ico die. But then I looked at the market and realized that we have a lot more coins than we need. Of course some people will lose their investment but those who made the right choice will be able to increase their investment well.
I remember thinking the same but at the same time it is inevitable, the market is simply saturated with icos and coins and this is creating the problem that people do not know in which coin to invest anymore and many instead of taking the risk they are deciding to drop off the market, which in my opinion is a sensible choice since I think that unless you are completely sure about the potential of an ico it is better to not invest right now.
Activity: 254
Merit: 10
Yeah, that statistic is making me sad. But this means only one - we (investors) need to be more careful with our own investments than we were before.

I read a study that says that only 20% of ICOs turned out to be scams. But still, "if you had invested in every single visible ICO, regardless of whether it turned out to be a scam or not, you would have made 13.2 times ROI." So I am optimistic and will keep on searching for good ICOs.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
And we should expect more of them to fail now given the fact that we are not in a bear market. So many of them do not have the product or the potential to hold out in a bear market and they will just end up crashing down and burning that is a fact. Also we should expect a higher percentage of the ICOs that are released this year to fail since they were released in bear markets.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
It is true that this type of news makes it seem that everything is wrong in the ICOs, and that people should refrain from investing in this business scheme. However all these critics seem to forget that in real life, business and all kinds of ventures do not have better luck. In fact, it seems to me that the failure rate in the first two years of opening a business is even much higher than the 46% you mention. It is true that we must be very cautious when it comes to investing in ICOs, but this principle is applicable to all current business schemes.
The situation with traditional business is really complicated, especially if business is opened in those niches in which there is a high level of competition. I agree that ICO is similar to traditional business, but it has more risks, greater dynamics and more earnings. The high risk of investing in the ICO justifies high earnings.

Activity: 728
Merit: 139
46% of last year's ICOs have failed already
I think it's a wrong  formulation , to be honest we must say that most part of them were scammers from the beggining , so they have no plans about project developing . Their goal was to raise as much funds as they can and disappear with collected money . So ,
46% of last year's ICOs appeared to be a scam
is more correct , IMO.
Activity: 130
Merit: 0
Heartbreaking for anyone who invested in any of those coins. I'm not surprised though, as a matter of fact, more of these ICOs in the market now are still going to fail. This is why people are told to be careful of the project they choose to invest in, cos many of them projects are not bound to succeed the market and will fail anytime soon.
Activity: 296
Merit: 2
I felt bad for those investors that invest in the ico for a dead project. The most probable reason for that is that the ico team only cares about the money, and when the tokensale ends, surely they already made exit scam. Lesson for the investors, make sure to verify for the legitimacy of the ico and its tokens before making investments.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
seems like a high number to me alot of these coisn raised a bunch of funds they have enough money to hold them over for much longer than a year.
Activity: 56
Last year the rate was at 46 percent but now it has risen to eighty Percent which means that 8 out of ten ICOs in the market are scams when his happens investment for Devries at an exponential rate
Activity: 350
It is true that this type of news makes it seem that everything is wrong in the ICOs, and that people should refrain from investing in this business scheme. However all these critics seem to forget that in real life, business and all kinds of ventures do not have better luck. In fact, it seems to me that the failure rate in the first two years of opening a business is even much higher than the 46% you mention. It is true that we must be very cautious when it comes to investing in ICOs, but this principle is applicable to all current business schemes.
The situation with traditional business is really complicated, especially if business is opened in those niches in which there is a high level of competition. I agree that ICO is similar to traditional business, but it has more risks, greater dynamics and more earnings. The high risk of investing in the ICO justifies high earnings.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
This is a bad news. This year may be a lot more than last year. I estimate that 85% of ICOs will fail this year. This is a trend that will take time to get better.
I'm afraid that's true, most ICO projects will fail this year and their percentage will be greater than last year. Recently I see fewer and fewer successful projects that managed to collect Hard Cap, I see more often that projects with great difficulty collect Soft Cap. The ICO market is in dipression and this trend will not change if the price of a cryptocurrency does not begin to rise.
Activity: 31
many ico do not live long and quickly end their existence . therefore, we need to be careful when choosing an ico
Activity: 446
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
I think more projects will die in the future. But this is good because there will be only the most interesting and technological projects.
Activity: 364
At first, I was very upset that many ico die. But then I looked at the market and realized that we have a lot more coins than we need. Of course some people will lose their investment but those who made the right choice will be able to increase their investment well.
Activity: 98
This is no surprise to me. I expect more ICO's to die in next few months.
When you check their website and whitepaper you can get an idea. Most of them are bunch of rubbish. I still don't understand why people invest without research.
Activity: 45
I don't believe it's a major issue presently, individuals put resources into all that they see from one side. From another side, in correlation with the conventional world with crowdfunding, I figure contrast not all that enormous.
Activity: 966
Merit: 587
Finally, more correct and true statistics. In such a figure I can  believe. If you think about it, 46% is a pretty good result.
Activity: 434
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
If I am honest I thought the number should be higher than that, however I have no doubt that many more projects probably already died since this was posted, but this is more proof, as if more proof was necessary, of the bad business that icos actually are, at the beginning this was a way to support the developers and their projects but very soon it became just a way to speculate with coins that will never solve anything in this market.
Activity: 232
I read about statistics that this year only 10% of ICO became successful. This is for the first quarter. It takes into account the data that investors have learned to choose really interesting projects. This is an occasion to reflect on those who are still planning ICO.
Activity: 196
One thing that I have noticed is that ICO’s have become some sort of a Bitcoin FOMO craze. You can hear people investing in different ICO’s, most of them being scams and the investment being wasted since the team basically “run-off”, but the moment you hear about a successful ICO and people actually getting returns, FOMO activates and pushes you into investing in a ICO. No wonder China banned ICO’s in early September 2017, deeming them as “disruptive to economic and financial stability”. To anyone thinking about getting into an ICO, check the whitepaper, the project, invest with the mind of improving something and mostly don’t fall for “bonuses” and “guaranteed return”.

Pages:
Jump to: