Pages:
Author

Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already - page 13. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

In future we will see like much more last year’s ICO will fail. I am just sure about it. There is statistics that almost 80% of ICO projects collect money for nothing. Nothing at the end. I agree that it is pity thing.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Only 46%, however it was sad, but further will be even worse. Unfortunately, too many people, very quickly learned about the ICO. People are motivated only by the desire to become richer, few people think about the future, what will it be like? Everyone thinks that if they launch their own ICO, they will be rich, relying only on the idea. I think that most of the already launched ICO`s are already dead, because of a lack of experience or that they rely only on their idea. But worst of all to potential investors, they have to study a large amount of information in order to make sure that it has a chance to increase its capital.
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
I  think that main reason for ICOs of failure is not the fact that the funds are not mobilized, but the idea of the project itself. A lot of projects have very bad project, with nothing special, so they are not able to go to live. But if you will be able to find good idea, than you will be luck to get profit, and it is possible. I am looking at ICOs at www.icogudie.com as they while rating are assessing idea itself, so it makes sense.
Activity: 364
Merit: 138
dApps Development Automation Platform
Great statistics. The main thing is that in this case, the majority is a scam. For example, in a traditional startup marker, there has always been a high percentage of failures, but there was not so much scam. There it was very little. But here the situation is the opposite. The model of phased financing, depending on the progress of the project, of course, is a more rational model of the ICO which should be used instead of the current ICO model.
Activity: 98
I certainly understand how many scams there are among ICO projects, but I did not know how many ICO projects simply fail. This is a very sad statistic, as this is what happened last year, and this year it is even worse.
Activity: 70

• 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
This time may be much more. But that's not the main problem, I think the main problem is the more people who want to be successful in an instant way. And when that does not happen, the panic is controlling the market.
Activity: 98
This is not a good development in the cryptospace. The statistics is discouraging to investors but I feel is common for most start-ups to fail at the early stage even in the traditional business community. It is necessary for investors to be well acquainted with all the information about the ICO project there are supporting and measure the risk before getting in. Failure is a possibility as most ICOs are start-ups or even ideas.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Wow, a frightening number, nearly half of the projects failed. But I think there should be many projects that failed in the absence of a successful ICO.
Activity: 749
Merit: 507
I think the number is way too higher than just %46. I saw hundreds of scam ICO projects. I'm pretty sure they are proven scam already. Hopefully people get educated and don't lose their money anymore.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
Very weak stats , even those ICOs,which collected big amount of money like Envion, Bankex, Crypterium, Titanium, all of them failed.
I can't see neither product nor token growth, 2-10 times below ICO price.
Activity: 406
Merit: 11
Until the end of time
I will really say bear market is the major cause of the ICO prices going down, it's not only affect the the ICO's alone, other major crypto currency are affected too, coins like btc and eth, their prices are down too.
Activity: 322
https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything

Shocking statistics, aren't they? But they're expected. Look at some new companies. You won't invest in them even if you're a noob. Hence the sad statistics. It reflects the real state, which shows us that a great deal of "dead" projects penetrates into the market, and nobody invests in them.
Activity: 75
Same will happen this year, more than 50% of them will fail. Doing an ICO is the new trend in crypto space. Almost everybody launching an existing idea into blockchain, and for most of them there's no requirement of blockchain at all, like 90% project don't need blockchain. This space is giving them the good money and investors interest, so everybody is talking the solution or idea to be put in blockchain technology.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102
But that's an open secret. Have heard that about 95% of businesses in material world failing before 5 years mark. Also not all of the remaining 5% will be profitable. As a new technology blockchain projects had some other statistics at the beginning but now it is leveling.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 12
Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji
Once the investor doesn't see the movement of the project, they will sell all of their unlocked tokens and quit. Till this time with this bearish market, it's hard for project and investor to continues developing.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
Statistically 90% of business start ups fail within the first 5 years. When you are investing in ICO's you are investing in start ups so having a high rate of failure should be expected. You can increase your odds of success by doing proper due diligence and only investing in those ones where you have a high degree of confidence that they will be successful. I personally will screen on average about 50 different ICO's before I find one that I want to invest in.
Activity: 84
That's actually not too bad, only 142 out of over 900 failed at their initial funding round? I would have expected it to be more like 50-60%. I guess there is still hope to turn a decent investment from investing in ICOs if you pick the right ones, and invest the right amount (and early too).
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
ALLUXE.io - Decentralized Luxury Platform

This is depressing. Because of the news like this, the reputation of the whole cryptocurrency market is being thrown at with mud and is getting worse which leads to the market getting dragged to the bottom of the ocean
Activity: 364
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
Yes, ICO risk is very big. If it disappears 46% last year, then ICO should disappear more than 80% this year. This is not conducive to the growth of the cryptocurrency market. This is what I don't want to see.
Activity: 77
As a rule, investors do not wait until the developers implement their projects, buy tokens at a discount to ICO and immediately all sell when ROI = 200% or more. It seems to me that the implementation of projects is not of interest to investors or developers.
Pages:
Jump to: