Pages:
Author

Topic: 46% of last year's ICOs have failed already - page 10. (Read 3872 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 0
The vast majority of all startups fail. This is not mutually exclusive to a company that holds an ICO.

Fact is a company that holds an ICO is still a company or at least attempting to be one. Just because they hold an ICO doesn't mean they'll automatically succeed and just because they hold an ICO doesn't mean they'll necessarily fail.

Further, these failure rates do not indicate a scam, they just indicate a business that may have seemed sound, or perfect, but inevitably failed.

This has been true in business for as long as people have been starting businesses.

This is why the team matters more than anything for a longer term hold. Finding the right team and ensuring they have applicable industry experience as well as the necessary business experience is vital to the success of a company, and your investment.

Even with that said, even a perfect team simply may miss the mark and fail. It happens. A lot. The vast majority of businesses from the dotcom days failed before the ball dropped. Over 95%.

This is nothing new.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
This year percentage is too bad than 2017, there is just few project above the ico price, most of the projects are under ico price and they can't do anything about this, and I dont recommend to participate any ico at these days.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
You're right. Unfortunately. In 2018, this figure will be higher. There are many scams in the ico (90%). If you want to invest in ico, study the project in detail.
Activity: 143
A number should alarm!
ICOs are a powerful way of calling for capital, which can reach out to many investors all over the world
But now there are too many bad influences and in addition there are real projects that are not feasible and ineffective.
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
https://eloncity.io/
Yes, most of the projects are on the verge of collapse in half a year. This has greatly damaged the position of the entire ICO project in the minds of investors.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
It is true that this type of news makes it seem that everything is wrong in the ICOs, and that people should refrain from investing in this business scheme. However all these critics seem to forget that in real life, business and all kinds of ventures do not have better luck. In fact, it seems to me that the failure rate in the first two years of opening a business is even much higher than the 46% you mention. It is true that we must be very cautious when it comes to investing in ICOs, but this principle is applicable to all current business schemes.
Activity: 60
Putting resources into any ICO can be risky, so it's vital to look at projects that are proactively attempting to stay away from the mix-ups. Obviously, a few of even the most encouraging activities can possibly fall flat. On the off chance that you want to HODL your ICO venture, you ought to dependably evaluate the undertaking's long haul procedure.
Activity: 84
https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

• 46% of them are effectively dead already – despite raising over $104 million.
  • 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed
Such an interesting statistics. We should know that the industry is still in its early stages hence it is normal for some projects to fail since everyone is just trying to leverage on the buzz around. This stage is filter fomo investor, trader (result of 2017 market develop too hot)
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
I really don't want to notify this, but this is the fact. Yeah, about that number of ICOs in the last years have failed. Some factors become the reasons likely the weak concept or promotion. But, they may be also some of them that are still struggling and be good coins in the future.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10

• 902 crowdsales... 142 failed at the funding stage and a further 276 have since failed

Many ICOs fail maybe because they have similiar project with others project. Peoples must be choosing the project that backup by good and reputable company. Many altcoin in market right now and the number around 1600 different coin/token and peoples must be selecting the best to investing their money.
Activity: 364
I do not think that everything is so bad. It should be taken into account that now almost all coins and tokens have lost up to 70 percent of their value. Therefore, even those coins or tokens that seem to be dead today, after the general rise of the crypto-currency market, may well begin to grow in value. All because zaaisit from the project, it develops or not.
Activity: 434
This is a bad news. This year may be a lot more than last year. I estimate that 85% of ICOs will fail this year. This is a trend that will take time to get better.
Activity: 210
If 46% is actual rate then I think it is not a bad rate for new projects and companies, projects do fail but be careful when investing as there is no way to recover money from Scam projects.
Activity: 26
It just implies that an ever increasing number of individuals are getting vigillant in light of the fact that individuals complete a great deal of reserching now in light of the fact that from the past there are alot of trick ventures who have stole an a huge number of dollars from the investors,that is the reason individuals have figured out how to diminish the danger of joing these trick projects,greedy individuals will dependably discover their approach to trick individuals.
Activity: 392
ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

Its normal for the market price of an ico to fail if their platform is not good for long term investment and it the growth is also depending on the marketing strategy of the developers.
Activity: 144
In the past year, it was already rampant with ICO that failed, it seems due to the number of enthusiastic ICO is still a little. Because in the last year ICO is still not popular, the results are less satisfactory, besides its technology is also less sophisticated. Unlike today, the legitimate ICO has mastered the crypto, as enthusiastic participants and investors are increasing rapidly. The results are also quite promising and satisfying. so many communities are interested here. Its sophisticated technology is also used to facilitate the team in calculating the results of the acquisition of the bounty hunter.
Activity: 308
Just terrible statistics for the world crypto. In many respects this is due to the ban on advertising from google, facebook and twitter, the opportunities for attracting money have decreased. But the situation may change, because the technology of blocking continues to develop.
Activity: 420
Today, there really have been a lot of scams in the ICO market. And some projects simply do not have sufficient knowledge and a strategy for development. But if you want, you can find a fairly successful project.
Activity: 112
I agree, maybe even more, but some of them are succeding.

There are many interesting projects to check out and others not, so it's important to choose wisely.

Looking at the project as a whole and looking at the team behind it, is very important to make a correct decision.

If I can give you guys my opinion, I discovered an exciting ICO that is very interesting: RAWG.

Check out this new article where RAWG is mentioned as the "IMDB of gaming" on FORBES, one of the leading global media company, focused on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, and leadership.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewrossow/2018/07/16/3-reasons-the-video-game-industry-is-bound-for-blockchain/#69da81c87810

The ICO will start in a short period and they are at the moment in pre-ICO phase. This is the ICO site: https://token.rawg.io/. It's a video game discovery platform that converts your skills into goods and services (the site is already working, with more than 57,000 games in the database) and, which is very interesting, they have already reached the soft cap.

Have a look and get some information while doing your own research!

Another interesting point: RAWG has already secured $5m USD, halfway to hard cap of $10m!
Activity: 1064
Merit: 102
More than 46% of last year ico has failed, i observed new ico launched in 2018 i think 90% of those ico will fail. Scammer have change it to means of stealing from people many of they lack a single trait of quality blockchain technology.
Pages:
Jump to: