Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 Hardware Wallets, compared feature by feature - page 9. (Read 2607 times)

legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1703
Blackjack.fun
Added for almost every wallet:
* materials
* custom node, tesnet & coin control support
Great work!
I didn't know new ledger Sux Stax is made from aluminum and plastic, it looks nice but I don't think that is durable at all, I am mostly concerned about their screen.
-snip-
Maybe you mean Ledger Stax and the materials used are indeed Aluminum and plastic with embedded magnets for stackability so you can stack one or two wallets.
Then about the screen, Ledger Stax uses an E-Ink® type screen.

E-Ink® type screen is a screen used to replicate the experience of reading and writing on paper.
This display is usually gray but it can be colored as well (but there is no color display in Ledger Stax) and Ledger Stax is intended for special NFT hardware wallets.
https://www.trustedreviews.com/explainer/what-is-an-e-ink-display-4291253

For the durability test on the Ledger Stax screen which uses E-Ink® Type Screen, you can see the Video Durability Test E-ink Displays made by JerryRigEverything.
In the video, test scratches only up to number 3 assuming the screen only uses plastic, not glass.

Full Video Durability Test:
https://youtu.be/TXeZ5fNazk8?t=248

In addition, is there anyone here who also uses the Safepal S1 Hardware Wallet? It seems that only I am still using it and some problems are starting to arise from the durability of the battery used. and for information, the material used by Safepal is Full Plastic and the front uses clear plastic as an anti-scratch for the front body as well as for the screen.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
* materials
Great work!
I didn't know new ledger Sux is made from aluminum and plastic, it looks nice but I don't think that is durable at all, I am mostly concerned about their screen.
Keystone sounds good with fiberglass, but hammer can destroy it very easy, I will post proof about it in my HW durability topic.

One thing you can update, I am sure Jade wallet is made from plastic (don't know what exact type), because I have similar device from same factory that produced Jade wallets.

Activity: 115
Merit: 314
* materials
Still waiting a response from Coinkite team. I will post here when I have it.

@maxirosson
Is there a confirmation from Coinkite that Tapsigner isn't waterproof [I had no luck in finding it]? I was under the impression that almost all of these smart cards are either waterproof or at least water-resistant to a certain degree...
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
That’s true for most wallets but it’s kind of a design flaw from the manufacturer, since it is an important security feature to be able to destroy the device easily.
You have a point, but when it comes to a 5$ wrenching attack, the attacker could still hit you until you give them the seed phrases [in other words, destroying our devices would only cause a delay against this type of attack].

Not only because you need it in case of an attack but also if you want to throw away your device after it is old.
Personally, I'd still keep it in someplace safe [after wiping/resetting it] even if it becomes obsolete, but I've seen a microwave oven and a hammer would do a wonderful job of destroying these kinds of devices.

In my coldcard the secure storage devices are clearly labelled and easy to destroy for example.
Are you implying that there's an easy way to trigger its self-destruct mechanism and that actually bricks the device instantly, as opposed to wiping it [I've noticed most wallets tend to only wipe it] or you were referring to something else?
- Based on the two coldcard models that are in the above table, they don't seem to have the former.
Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic
This is because in general the wallet should still be easy to destroy in case of a 5$ wrenching attack  Wink
Physical destruction of HWs in "most cases" isn't going to give you enough protection against such attacks [unfortunately]... A decoy wallet would probably provide better protection, but this feature doesn't exist in some of the HWs.

That’s true for most wallets but it’s kind of a design flaw from the manufacturer, since it is an important security feature to be able to destroy the device easily. Not only because you need it in case of an attack but also if you want to throw away your device after it is old. In my coldcard the secure storage devices are clearly labelled and easy to destroy for example.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
@maxirosson
Is there a confirmation from Coinkite that Tapsigner isn't waterproof [I had no luck in finding it]? I was under the impression that almost all of these smart cards are either waterproof or at least water-resistant to a certain degree...

This is because in general the wallet should still be easy to destroy in case of a 5$ wrenching attack  Wink
Physical destruction of HWs in "most cases" isn't going to give you enough protection against such attacks [unfortunately]... A decoy wallet would probably provide better protection, but this feature doesn't exist in some of the HWs.
Activity: 938
Merit: 642
Magic
I Never knew that we had waterproof hardware wallets. Very interesting to see if it is generally good or bad if the wallet is very durable. This is because in general the wallet should still be easy to destroy in case of a 5$ wrenching attack  Wink still I would love to see some tests.
Keevo Model 1 is not waterproof. Fixed on spreadsheet/article

The waterproof section is not new, I just moved the row. I am trying to confirm if I have some mistakes.
Waiting confirmation from Keevo and Ngrave teams

Ellipal & Coolwallet are waterproof, they mention that here:
https://www.ellipal.com/blogs/news/the-dangers-of-physical-attacks-on-your-hardware-wallet
https://www.coolwallet.io/introducing-the-coolwallet-pro-for-enhanced-staking-defi-dapp-and-nft-support/

Arculus support answered this to me in the past:
"Yes, the Arculus Key™ Card is waterproof, but we don't advise submerging it in water if you can avoid it."

NGrave support team: "It's not completely waterproof but the ZERO is IP55-certified and is resistant to water and dust."

The waterproof section is not new, I just moved the row. I am trying to confirm if I have some mistakes.

https://www.ellipal.com/blogs/news/the-dangers-of-physical-attacks-on-your-hardware-wallet
https://www.coolwallet.io/introducing-the-coolwallet-pro-for-enhanced-staking-defi-dapp-and-nft-support/

"Yes, the Arculus Key™ Card is waterproof, but we don't advise submerging it in water if you can avoid it."

Activity: 770
Merit: 835
I am trying to add as many wallets as possible. I didn't know oneKey, I will add it. Thanks for mentioning it. I am open to new suggestions.

you're welcome, it was a pleasure to give you an extra tip on what to include in your web article, I personally met OneKey thanks to the bitcointalk forum, I had never heard of it and when I read it for the first time I immediately liked it , despite this, however, I am not a holder of any OneKey currently

legendary
Cashback 15%
I will add those two wallets you mentioned to my list of wallets to evaluate.
Did you also add Waterproof section for hardware wallets in spreadsheet or was it always there?
If I understand correctly CoolWallet, Ellipal, Keystone, Ngrave and few other wallets are unde this category but I don't think they are all waterproof.
I need this information for my research, so how can I read this information correctly?

Thanks for your suggestions SFR10. I fixed the Keevo dimensions and updated the topic title.

I will add those two wallets you mentioned to my list of wallets to evaluate.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
With 120 x 75 x 22 mm this is now officially largest hardware wallet device in the world... it's yuge  Cheesy
@maxirosson
I was about to respond and say it's not the largest hardware wallet [based on your list], but it appears that you made a mistake for the Keevo Model 1 [instead of using the dimensions for the device in question (95 mm x 58 mm x 11 mm), you included the dimensions for its "Exclusive Desktop Display Case (167 mm x 117 mm x 48 mm)"].

I am trying to add as many wallets as possible.
I am trying to focus on the more popular and best wallets, because there are lots of them.
The following two might not be that popular, but perhaps they deserve a spot as well:

BTW, I think it's time to update the number of HW [32 and counting] in the subject field of this thread.
Thanks for the suggestions.

I added more updates to the article/spreadsheet:
- Added OneKey Mini, OneKey Classic and OneKey Touch wallets
- Added firmware release notes links for each wallet (when available)

I am going to take a look to Cypherock X1 and Tangem
legendary
Cashback 15%
Thanks for that link with all those wallets. I am trying to focus on the more popular and best wallets, because there are lots of them.
And I don't think you should add all of them Wink but here are few suggestions for you to consider.
OneKey is most popular hardware wallet manufacturer from China (much more popular than Safepal or Keystone), I received that information from several trusted sources.
They currently have three models you can add (Mini, Classic, Touch), they are open source and have reasonable prices.
Cypherock X1 is also interesting hardware wallet from India that works different from all other hardware wallets, and you can also add one more card style wallet called Tangem.
Added dimensions for Arculus.

Coldcard Q1 dimensions source: https://coldcard.com/docs/specs

Thanks for that link with all those wallets. I am trying to focus on the more popular and best wallets, because there are lots of them.
legendary
Cashback 15%
Added dimension for all the wallets and also added Tapsigner.
Nice one, I see you listened to my earlier suggestion Wink
Dimensions are currently missing for Arculus wallet, but I guess it's similar like for all other card style wallets.... not saying that I support or like Arculus in any way.

And how the heck did you find dimensions for for upcoming Coldcard Q1  hardwa wallet?
With 120 x 75 x 22 mm this is now officially largest hardware wallet device in the world... it's yuge  Cheesy

I am trying to add as many wallets as possible. I didn't know oneKey, I will add it. Thanks for mentioning it. I am open to new suggestions.
If you want to check big list of all hardware wallets, you can check one we are maintaining in our local board:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/velika-lista-hardverski-novanici-80-5285324
Pages:
Jump to: