Pages:
Author

Topic: 50 Hardware Wallets, compared feature by feature - page 6. (Read 2808 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Are you talking about the Keystone Essential and Pro models or some of the other hardware wallets in the collection?
Yes, I was referring to these two...

• If you check the main list without any active filters, you will notice that these two HWs are positioned all the way to the right with a 'Discontinued' notification under their pictures. I think that's pretty clear for anyone looking at the page that they are no longer for sale.
    You have a point, but OP mentioned in another thread that his/her "goal is to help users choose the correct wallet to buy" and if some of them are already discontinued, then perhaps they shouldn't be in the main list... Having said that, I noticed few of their "authorized resellers" still have them in stock, so perhaps placing another button beneath the discontinued and linking it to this exact page wouldn't be a bad idea.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
BTW, do you have any plans to move discontinued hardware wallets to a different page [there are two at the moment]?
Are you talking about the Keystone Essential and Pro models or some of the other hardware wallets in the collection? If you check the main list without any active filters, you will notice that these two HWs are positioned all the way to the right with a 'Discontinued' notification under their pictures. I think that's pretty clear for anyone looking at the page that they are no longer for sale.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
Added support to filter the hardware wallets by all the features.
Great addition, but I noticed the size & materials filters didn't have the materials and dimensions options in them... I understand why you excluded the latter, but I think it'd be better if users could also tick the materials of their choice [even if it means adding roughly 10 more options to that section].

BTW, do you have any plans to move discontinued hardware wallets to a different page [there are two at the moment]?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I just checked all hardware wallets that can be purchased with Bitcoin or LN, and I got only 15 from 40 devices, no wonder that ledger is not accepting BTC  Tongue
Imagine someone selling devices that should keep BTC safe in storage, but you won't accept that same BTC ... it just shows how much they support Bitcoin Roll Eyes
You know what they say, verify don't trust. You should have checked the information you found on that site and looked on Ledger's shop yourself.

Ledger doesn't accept crypto directly, meaning from your wallet to theirs, but does accept it through payment providers like Crypto.com Pay and Bitpay. The quality of these services is another topic of discussion.
If you use crypto.com Pay, you can pay with BTC, CRO, DAI, ETH, USDC, and USDT.
If you use Bitpay, the accepted coins include BTC, BCH, DOGE, LTC, XRP, ETH, etc...
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
It looks good, maybe a bit crowded but search option fixes that.
I just checked all hardware wallets that can be purchased with Bitcoin or LN, and I got only 15 from 40 devices, no wonder that ledger is not accepting BTC  Tongue
Imagine someone selling devices that should keep BTC safe in storage, but you won't accept that same BTC ... it just shows how much they support Bitcoin Roll Eyes
Activity: 115
Merit: 314

I know about rows, but I was thinking about creating additional top Reproducible filter tab for fast access, like you have for Open Source, Secure Element, Air-Gapped, etc.
Ideally it would be great if I could select multiple filters at the same time, and have color changed when I click or unclick them.
I hope you understand what I wanted to say, I am a bit tired and I can't explain it better now.

Ok, I understand what you mean. I am working on adding support for filtering per each feature. So, you will be able to do that and much more.
legendary
Cashback 15%
I already have that. Under the firmware section, I have "Source-available", "Open Source" and "Reproducible Builds" rows.
I know about rows, but I was thinking about creating additional top Reproducible filter tab for fast access, like you have for Open Source, Secure Element, Air-Gapped, etc.
Ideally it would be great if I could select multiple filters at the same time, and have color changed when I click or unclick them.
I hope you understand what I wanted to say, I am a bit tired and I can't explain it better now.

One more suggestion, can you add information if code for Open Source hardware wallets can be verified and reproduced or not?
If this has been done by someone, for example bitcoinbinary.org or walletscrutiny.com, you can post a clickable link for that.
Another member has a good point that not everything that has Open Source label is really Open Source... we all remember ColdCard and Keystone was doing similar advertisement for their devices.  

I already have that. Under the firmware section, I have "Source-available", "Open Source" and "Reproducible Builds" rows.
legendary
Cashback 15%
New addition to the website: Cypherock X1: https://thebitcoinhole.com/wallets/cypherock-x1
Nice one Wink

One more suggestion, can you add information if code for Open Source hardware wallets can be verified and reproduced or not?
If this has been done by someone, for example bitcoinbinary.org or walletscrutiny.com, you can post a clickable link for that.
Another member has a good point that not everything that has Open Source label is really Open Source... we all remember ColdCard and Keystone was doing similar advertisement for their devices.  
New addition to the website: Cypherock X1: https://thebitcoinhole.com/wallets/cypherock-x1

Cypherock X1 is a wallet that splits your private key into 5 parts using Shamir Secret Sharing. Each part is uniquely stored on the X1 vault and the 4 X1 cards. So you can distribute them into geographically different locations.
To make a transaction, you just need to fetch and tap any 1 out of the 4 cards on the X1 vault using NFC.

legendary
Cashback 15%
Thanks for the correction.
I knew about athena-alpha.com. Which other similar website did you find?
No problem. Wink
I didnt want to advertise any other websites in your topic but since you already asked... I saw one project posted recently in Project Development section, it's called crypto-hardware.com.
It has a different layout from thebitcoinhole.com website and they need to add a lot more wallets in their database, but maybe you find some inspiration there.
Healthy competition can be good.
I see in last few weeks many new similar websites starting to appear for hardware wallet comparison and I still like yours the best, but athena-alpha.com is doing a good job also. Smiley
One recent correction for you, Keystone 3 Pro is now open for orders and discounted price is $90 in next several days, but I don't see Keystone 3 regular version available for purchase.

Thanks for the correction.
I knew about athena-alpha.com. Which other similar website did you find?
legendary
Cashback 15%
Added sorting to our website. Now you can sort all the hardware wallets by Price, Year, Warranty, Weight and Screen Size.
Nice update.
I see in last few weeks many new similar websites starting to appear for hardware wallet comparison and I still like yours the best, but athena-alpha.com is doing a good job also. Smiley
One recent correction for you, Keystone 3 Pro is now open for orders and discounted price is $90 in next several days, but I don't see Keystone 3 regular version available for purchase.

Added sorting to our website. Now you can sort all the hardware wallets by Price, Year, Warranty, Weight and Screen Size.
You need to make one small update on TheBitcoinHole website for Coolwallet Pro SE hardware wallet, as they now switched to Open Source license, like I explained in one of my previous posts:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62609304

Thanks for the info. According to its license, it seems it is source-available, not open source: https://github.com/CoolBitX-Technology/coolwallet-pro-se/blob/main/LICENSE
legendary
Cashback 15%
@maxirosson
You need to make one small update on TheBitcoinHole website for Coolwallet Pro SE hardware wallet, as they now switched to Open Source license, like I explained in one of my previous posts:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.62609304

We still didn't saw any confirmation from other websites like Wallet Scrutiny or Bitcoin Binary if code is reproducible or not, but they released source code yesterday, so I would give them some time to catch up.
I see you added Keystone 3 and you wrote that battery for new model is not removable, so can you confirm this information?
It sucks they decided to go this route like most smartphones, since opening device will brake warranty and it could trigger their tampering detection protection and make it unusable.
Yes, that information is confirmed to me by the Keystone team.

What is the difference between The Bitcoin Hole and maxirosson members? Just Rebranding, or you are going to stop using this old account?
This is going to be my personal account. The Bitcoin Hole, the official account of my project.
legendary
Cashback 15%
- Added more info for Keystone 3 wallet
I see you added Keystone 3 and you wrote that battery for new model is not removable, so can you confirm this information?
It sucks they decided to go this route like most smartphones, since opening device will brake warranty and it could trigger their tampering detection protection and make it unusable.

- I created an official Bitcoin Talk user for The Bitcoin Hole: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/thebitcoinhole-3567186
What is the difference between The Bitcoin Hole and maxirosson members? Just Rebranding, or you are going to stop using this old account?
Some updates:
- Added more info for Keystone 3 wallet
- Now you can see Keystone 3 details here: https://thebitcoinhole.com/wallets/keystone-3 and Keystones 3 Pro here: https://thebitcoinhole.com/wallets/keystone-3-pro
- I created an official Bitcoin Talk user for The Bitcoin Hole: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/thebitcoinhole-3567186
- I launched a Bug Bounty Program. More info here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-bitcoin-hole-bug-bounty-program-5460363
Pages:
Jump to: