Author

Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4] - page 107. (Read 379550 times)

legendary
Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12826180

get some popcorn.
lets see what is the game..
i think we are safe for now.  Volume up.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12826180

get some popcorn.
lets see what is the game..
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
find / -name base -exec chown -R us
I don't have the BTC to dump into 8bit and fix things (we need to generate basically $600 in volume at current BTC/USD prices)...

Soooo, In an effort to generate some volume on Bittrex, I have started "playing the gap", and I suggest you do the same.  Meaning, both buy and sell small amounts (or large ones) just above the ask price and just below the bid price... If this works out (meaning, if enough of you play as well), we'll all make a tidy little profit in both BTC and 8bit, we'll keep the coin on the exchange, we'll drive the price up, annnnd hopefully generate some additional interest in the coin from investors and maybe even coders...

Well folks, I'm doing what I can, let's see what we can do!

PS - If some whale wants to just start buying massive amounts of 8bit, I guess that'll work too! Wink
Activity: 686
Merit: 500

I would be open for a swap to a totally new coin or a swap with value close to .00005000 per coin to get a dev.

BARR can afford to swap the entire 8BIT supply, on a voluntary basis for each user.  Let us know if you're interested.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-barr-the-only-cryptocurrency-where-no-ones-ever-lost-money-1219460
Activity: 126
The core of the group is still here. Waiting....Listening to 8 bits old music.....Smiley

We are indeed.... The question is where do we go from here?  

Well, going to get a beer, I think that's the first thing.  After that, I don't know Smiley
The core of the group is still here. Waiting....Listening to 8 bits old music.....Smiley

We are indeed.... The question is where do we go from here? 
legendary
Bittrex - (8 bit) This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 30th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

It is big problem  Sad

It is certainly a big problem... With a week to fix it... Sooo, all of my ranting isn't going to fix this... At this point, either we are dumping into another coin, or 8-bit-party is going to commit to doing something... If not... well... guys... Whatever you've sunk into 8bit is about to become worthless unless we can get off our collective asses and make something worth buying.  I've said with prices so low, if we can generate a solid direction, and committed timetables for said goals (with a big announcement!), interest shouldn't be too hard to come by... But, I'm not that kind of coder... I can't do this myself... guys? Bueller? Bueller? Fry? 
Come on! There's so much to be gained here.... really.
legendary
Activity: 1938
Merit: 1014
Bittrex - (8 bit) This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on October 30th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

It is big problem  Sad
legendary

Sling. BTX, Crave have the same issue.  That pull request was not merged into Bitcoin but another one was and think it

add masterdoge bananas and many more to this list.
maybe bittcredits
limx not sure

No way in hell.

All those coins basically cloned Crave , which was lifted directly off my first BN commit. While it was an impressive diff job, the Crave dev failed to take into consideration that he was transplanting 0.10.x base to a 0.8.x base that was tweaked.

PoS code is always behind PoW, so some things that i could take for granted when i made BCR needed more attention in a PoS coin. My advice would be, take your time and do a complete upgrade of the codebase to meet 0.11.x base, it will solve most of the problems you have no , including sync times.  

that is it.
said as clear as it can be said.

as i looked also limx has greater code base..
but hexxcoin have even more problems, and that is why we will swap out of this.
swap code is ready and under testing.. cant release it without to be sure..
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
Activity: 602
Merit: 501

Sling. BTX, Crave have the same issue.  That pull request was not merged into Bitcoin but another one was and think it

maybe bittcredits
limx not sure

No way in hell.

All those coins basically cloned Crave , which was lifted directly off my first BN commit. While it was an impressive diff job, the Crave dev failed to take into consideration that he was transplanting 0.10.x base to a 0.8.x base that was tweaked.

PoS code is always behind PoW, so some things that i could take for granted when i made BCR needed more attention in a PoS coin. My advice would be, take your time and do a complete upgrade of the codebase to meet 0.11.x base, it will solve most of the problems you have no , including sync times. 
legendary

maybe bittcredits
limx not sure
legendary
The current 8-Bit code (like the other coins) does NOT keep track of block requests and if a node is lagging, it can cause a retransmit and dup block.  Also, too many orphan blocks are put in memory and this causes the wallet to hang or crash.

Seems like it's a rare issue I occur on one of my low end boxes (OOM). I did not combined block dups with orphan drama as I tweaked some orphan limits in source code what did not help much. Let's see if this one will, thanks.

low end cpu crash when orphans set low, higher set: no crash but time waisted, maybe stuck/ restart
temp fix is to set only connection to vps seed.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3514/commits messed things more before later code using headers first

also updated:
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.11.1 [Torrent] Upgrade now -- contains important security/DoS fixes!
The current 8-Bit code (like the other coins) does NOT keep track of block requests and if a node is lagging, it can cause a retransmit and dup block.  Also, too many orphan blocks are put in memory and this causes the wallet to hang or crash.

Seems like it's a rare issue I occur on one of my low end boxes (OOM). I did not combined block dups with orphan drama as I tweaked some orphan limits in source code what did not help much. Let's see if this one will, thanks.

I for one am MUCH less concerned about this, then getting some direction for this coin and moving it forward again!
legendary
Activity: 1036
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW

Activity: 229
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : already have block 236356 8e75b169f6acda24fa52b74d9094210a3e9f9500e49d86a53ac58bdf55ebb3d4

Sling. BTX, Crave have the same issue.  That pull request was not merged into Bitcoin but another one was and think it fixes the blockchain downloading problems:  https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3514/commits

The fix adds functions to main.cpp to better handle block downloading:
  • MarkBlockAsReceived
  • AddBlockToQueue
  • MarkBlockAsInFlight

I tried the first pull request on BTX and it helps.  In the process of trying the latter but will take a few days (more complicated than the first proposed fix and consists of many commits). The new code keeps track of block requests and doesn't request the same block unless certain conditions.

legendary
Activity: 1036
8b 16b DEMOSCENE FTW
legendary
Im still here. My voted is for 8-bit-Party
Still here ....Nothing to do but wait.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Im still here. My voted is for 8-bit-Party