Pages:
Author

Topic: 8th Alt coin thread. Or what to do now that asics are all over the place. - page 8. (Read 81426 times)

Activity: 284
Merit: 102
Phil - Where do you have your L3+ pointed - and what does one produce per day in USD?

Trying to figure out what I'll do with the few I have.
Activity: 10
Merit: 2
I'm mining UBQ because it has its own algo (ubqhash) that can't be mined with current asic miners.
copper member
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
I think it would be better to find a mining altcoins that has asic resistance, ETH is getting slightly increasing its profit today i think it would still be better to mine in ETH  Wink
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
I regularly go over my server logs.

Check out this excerpt:
Code:
Apr  2 21:53:00 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: Invalid user ethos from 121.201.107.99
Apr  2 21:53:00 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: input_userauth_request: invalid user ethos [preauth]
Apr  2 21:53:00 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): check pass; user unknown
Apr  2 21:53:00 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=121.201.107.99
Apr  2 21:53:02 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: Failed password for invalid user ethos from 121.201.107.99 port 33118 ssh2
Apr  2 21:53:02 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: Received disconnect from 121.201.107.99 port 33118:11: Normal Shutdown, Thank you for playing [preauth]
Apr  2 21:53:02 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: Disconnected from 121.201.107.99 port 33118 [preauth]

The spam hackers are starting to target me for stupid crap.... if they only understood that attempting to SSH into my server from the internet gets them a full ban off my network;  soooo..... yeah...

I know the bots are present that regularly try to log into any seen SSH/SSHD server with a wordlist or a stolen passwords list;   but my IP ban list is rather excessive now;  and growing (slowly now) each day....   And it is sensitive enough that I have accidentally been banned trying to remotely login myself...   there's only one specific way to do it;  and I tend to forget that caveat sometimes =P

Initially;  I had my server take any failed attempt;  and start 1000 parallel instances of 3.14159Mb pings to the other end for the next hour.    two hours later;  I realized how much traffic that turned into; and swapped to the perma-ban list.   I think the attempts are slow enough now; that Ill turn that little puppy back on....

Just sharing to remind you: 
Be sure to change any default password anytime you have one:  your routers, your miners; everything.  Its easy to get fucked if you leave a gaping hole such as that.

I wonder if im being targeted with miner usernames because of my use of this site.... idk; that's specculation.
I turn off firewall access without vpn access , and no ssh allowed to any of my boxes via public ips
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
Wow if ETH and XMR go up slightly more then I would have to dust off my GPU rigs again and power them up. Really hope this rally continues for the next few weeks or so.

Wonder what will happen to the difficulty. I am assuming if ETH gains 10% in price then the difficult will go up by at least 5%. Tons of rigs are mostly powered down instead of resold to gamers because its only been 6 months or so of low profits. So there is a good chance those people will power them up again.
XMR $71.. I sold my months worth of mining earnings about a day before the jump  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
I regularly go over my server logs.

Check out this excerpt:
Code:
Apr  2 21:53:00 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: Invalid user ethos from 121.201.107.99
Apr  2 21:53:00 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: input_userauth_request: invalid user ethos [preauth]
Apr  2 21:53:00 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): check pass; user unknown
Apr  2 21:53:00 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=121.201.107.99
Apr  2 21:53:02 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: Failed password for invalid user ethos from 121.201.107.99 port 33118 ssh2
Apr  2 21:53:02 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: Received disconnect from 121.201.107.99 port 33118:11: Normal Shutdown, Thank you for playing [preauth]
Apr  2 21:53:02 jaredkaragen sshd[17031]: Disconnected from 121.201.107.99 port 33118 [preauth]

The spam hackers are starting to target me for stupid crap.... if they only understood that attempting to SSH into my server from the internet gets them a full ban off my network;  soooo..... yeah...

I know the bots are present that regularly try to log into any seen SSH/SSHD server with a wordlist or a stolen passwords list;   but my IP ban list is rather excessive now;  and growing (slowly now) each day....   And it is sensitive enough that I have accidentally been banned trying to remotely login myself...   there's only one specific way to do it;  and I tend to forget that caveat sometimes =P

Initially;  I had my server take any failed attempt;  and start 1000 parallel instances of 3.14159Mb pings to the other end for the next hour.    two hours later;  I realized how much traffic that turned into; and swapped to the perma-ban list.   I think the attempts are slow enough now; that Ill turn that little puppy back on....

Just sharing to remind you: 
Be sure to change any default password anytime you have one:  your routers, your miners; everything.  Its easy to get fucked if you leave a gaping hole such as that.

I wonder if im being targeted with miner usernames because of my use of this site.... idk; that's specculation.
legendary
It seems to me that if you are engaged in the extraction of Ethereum, then today it is an unprofitable occupation. But if you look for promising new coins, you can make good money on mining. A promising coins appear quite a lot. Just recently came Veil for example!

The bot shills are getting more advanced Roll Eyes

yep; and if you look at the post history, you will be confused most times....  Ive seen many of these types of posts quoting people who were banned off the server... soooooo..... yeah.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Wow if ETH and XMR go up slightly more then I would have to dust off my GPU rigs again and power them up. Really hope this rally continues for the next few weeks or so.

Wonder what will happen to the difficulty. I am assuming if ETH gains 10% in price then the difficult will go up by at least 5%. Tons of rigs are mostly powered down instead of resold to gamers because its only been 6 months or so of low profits. So there is a good chance those people will power them up again.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
It seems to me that if you are engaged in the extraction of Ethereum, then today it is an unprofitable occupation. But if you look for promising new coins, you can make good money on mining. A promising coins appear quite a lot. Just recently came Veil for example!

The bot shills are getting more advanced Roll Eyes
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Quote from: bitcointalk KYC

Yeah. That one. Definitely that one!!

Grin Grin Grin

On a more serious note, those of you who have flogged used hardware... I've got 14 ASUS RX 570 Expedition OC (4GB) that are gathering dust in my attic. I can't face the drudgery of selling them one by one on ebay. Does any of you know of a used hardware buyer (preferrably in or around London UK - to save on postage) that would potentially buy in bulk (if such a thing even exists)?
I'm in pretty much the same position. Think imma just hold onto them until ETH moves to ProgPOW (if they do..)

Just an idea, could start a combined for sale listing thread -- x gpu xyz in UK from dragonmike(profile link) x gpu abc in Canada from soothaa (profile link)

Could be a useful way to help people navigate more gear, thus more shareable etc
Activity: 393
Merit: 1
Coinsbit exchange
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

Grin Grin Grin

On a more serious note, those of you who have flogged used hardware... I've got 14 ASUS RX 570 Expedition OC (4GB) that are gathering dust in my attic. I can't face the drudgery of selling them one by one on ebay. Does any of you know of a used hardware buyer (preferrably in or around London UK - to save on postage) that would potentially buy in bulk (if such a thing even exists)?
I'm in pretty much the same position. Think imma just hold onto them until ETH moves to ProgPOW (if they do..)
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

Grin Grin Grin

legendary
Been out of the Antminer game for a while but saw an article that they just released an Antminer S17, is this also an April fools joke?

Last Antminer I've heard of was the Antminer S9 and all of a sudden they skipped it down to S17. Really surprised they are still in the mining game after the failed IPO and the massive losses they suffered last year due to the BCH price crash.

Their selling of the miners specifically for BCH was a concern of mine while it was going on;  imagine for the split;  they picked the alt;  invested;  then, pumped it with their miner;  then, when the time is right;  dump dump dump because they have been paying bills with the BTC intake anyways.

Not too far fetched...  seeing how ETC went;  would have made sense...  tin foil hat aside.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Been out of the Antminer game for a while but saw an article that they just released an Antminer S17, is this also an April fools joke?

Last Antminer I've heard of was the Antminer S9 and all of a sudden they skipped it down to S17. Really surprised they are still in the mining game after the failed IPO and the massive losses they suffered last year due to the BCH price crash.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I saw it and I instantly wondered how many of us will take it seriously  Grin

my heart pounded but when I clicked the link and read the information that was asked then I knew it was a joke hehe

I was wtf?

But when they wanted past present and future lovers I know it was A.F.D. Joke.

Btw I can answer that question with.

Past lovers    = Judy
Present lover = Judy
Future lovers = Judy

As the wife is the one and the only one for me.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
I saw it and I instantly wondered how many of us will take it seriously  Grin

my heart pounded but when I clicked the link and read the information that was asked then I knew it was a joke hehe
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
I saw it and I instantly wondered how many of us will take it seriously  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Bitcointalk need KYC?   Shocked Shocked Shocked

These info required seems too much info for a forum.

====

Full name:   
Address line 1:   
Address line 2:   

Please list all of your past, present, and future romantic partners (note that we may contact them for further information):   
Credit card number, three numbers on the back as well as the expiration month and year:   
You agree to have this information shared with the IRS, FBI, CIA, NSA, Federal Reserve, ECB, Interpol, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Equifax, Chainalysis, and your parents:

It is an April Fools joke Grin

LOL.... good one!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Bitcointalk need KYC?   Shocked Shocked Shocked

These info required seems too much info for a forum.

====

Full name:   
Address line 1:   
Address line 2:   
City:   
Postal code:   
Tax ID number (eg. social security number):   
Income:   
Net worth:    Huh
Mother's maiden name:   
Name of your first pet:   
Your exact current coordinates were detected as:    Huh

Blood type:   
Please list all of your Bitcoin and altcoin addresses:   
Please list all of your crimes (at least 1):   
Please list all of your past, present, and future romantic partners (note that we may contact them for further information):   
Credit card number, three numbers on the back as well as the expiration month and year:   
You agree to have this information shared with the IRS, FBI, CIA, NSA, Federal Reserve, ECB, Interpol, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Equifax, Chainalysis, and your parents:

It is an April Fools joke Grin
Pages:
Jump to: