Pages:
Author

Topic: 8th Alt coin thread. Or what to do now that asics are all over the place. - page 4. (Read 81426 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
I've got two rigs of 570's that I have basically dismantled. Whilst I could run them for the sake of it, at 16ct/kwh it's a zero-sum game. If someone rocked up giving me £50 for each 570 I'd give them the whole batch (14 of'em).

That should sell instantly, have you considered listing locally?

Recently I've also let go of some 1060s for 140 USD and a 1080ti for 490 USD, they were brand new rma replacements. 1080tis ended up being the best bang for buck after counting for depreciation.
Ugh I've got like 8 Vega 56's that need RMA'ing but I'm to fucking lazy to bother with it..

EDIT: OHMYGOD what does it take to hit legendary?!

1000 merit points which is tough to do.

I gave 3 to you just now.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
I'm actually on the fence about selling my B250-D8P V1 board with everything in its spotswood frame....   Put the $ into other ventures or just buy and hold BTC or another coin...  Im guessing the combination with no GPU's is worth ~550ish with its 1200w psu and being ready to use....   I do have enough computers lying around to get a substantial amount of GPU's running if need be...

choices....    oh a fluctuating market breeds choices....
Bah, I still run my Vegas and 1080's. Not making much but a profit is a profit.
The Polaris cards are gathering dust. They could theoretically make me some pennies, but that's not enough to waste time and money replacing the broken mobo underneath.

Currently it's a case of "if you've got the hardware, use it - if not, don't spend any money".

hehe that's why you buy the best cards when bull market pays you a hefty amount of money, if you are stingy to your cards the cards will be stingy at you too when time comes.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
I'm actually on the fence about selling my B250-D8P V1 board with everything in its spotswood frame....   Put the $ into other ventures or just buy and hold BTC or another coin...  Im guessing the combination with no GPU's is worth ~550ish with its 1200w psu and being ready to use....   I do have enough computers lying around to get a substantial amount of GPU's running if need be...

choices....    oh a fluctuating market breeds choices....
Bah, I still run my Vegas and 1080's. Not making much but a profit is a profit.
The Polaris cards are gathering dust. They could theoretically make me some pennies, but that's not enough to waste time and money replacing the broken mobo underneath.

Currently it's a case of "if you've got the hardware, use it - if not, don't spend any money".
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
I'm actually on the fence about selling my B250-D8P V1 board with everything in its spotswood frame....   Put the $ into other ventures or just buy and hold BTC or another coin...  Im guessing the combination with no GPU's is worth ~550ish with its 1200w psu and being ready to use....   I do have enough computers lying around to get a substantial amount of GPU's running if need be...

choices....    oh a fluctuating market breeds choices....
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
not much with gpu cards but still mining.
Activity: 449
Merit: 24
No idea if you guys are following the ETH devs and their ProgPOW implementation but as usual they are taking their time with the matter.

They needed an audit, then we haven't heard about it for the last few months and now they finally raised some funds to fund the audit and it will be performed by a 3rd party.

So probably in a couple weeks we should know, whether its worth adding it to the next fork or not.

Either way, even if they add it, it won't probably happen until the end of 2019 judging by how slow the ETH dev teams works. And even then, there could be issues with the fork and it might get delayed way into 2020.

Audit is suppose to be done some time in July, lol.  2020 sounds about right.
Activity: 72
Merit: 11
Your numbers are a hair off on the GTX 1070 - I routinely see 31 Mhash/sec out of ALL of mine (usually a little more, rarely a HAIR less) and none need 110 watts to get there (a couple need 108, the rest are in the 104-106 range).
This is a wide mix of cards, EVGA, Gigabyte (including the last surviving MicroATX I have), MSI, Zotac off the top of my head, and at least 8 different card models.

Still, the newer cards do seem to have finally beat the old hash/watt king solidly.

Thanks! Corrected. Smiley My 1060 6GB's have been pretty solid for a good time too, but with new cards and OC discoveries, they're also losing rank to more efficient cards. At 11c/kWh they'll be profitable until their revenue hits about $0.28/day. I'm going to keep a couple of my prime cards, but sell off the undesirables, and use the money to consolidate with more powerful gear.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
No idea if you guys are following the ETH devs and their ProgPOW implementation but as usual they are taking their time with the matter.

They needed an audit, then we haven't heard about it for the last few months and now they finally raised some funds to fund the audit and it will be performed by a 3rd party.

So probably in a couple weeks we should know, whether its worth adding it to the next fork or not.

Either way, even if they add it, it won't probably happen until the end of 2019 judging by how slow the ETH dev teams works. And even then, there could be issues with the fork and it might get delayed way into 2020.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Had a boo-boo moment last night, where I finally sold all my ETH at $155 bought below 100$ last year.

Then Elon Musk had to tweet his interest in Ethereum ..... wtf!!!

Where can I get a crystal ball ?

His tweet had a small effect because he posted "jk" right after.

ETH had a good run today and so did most of the other alts and Bitcoin itself. Basically in my opinion whenever ETH and LTC are running, usually BTC follows. If they start to stall it usually means that BTC will top out. Basically what happened when LTC started its heavy pullbacks.

So if you want to see the future of BTC price movements, its good to guage what the ETH and LTC markets are doing. I am predicting that BTC will break $6K easily when ETH breaks $200 and LTC breaks $100 in the near future.

Actually I got that bunch of ETH at 92/94$ early Jan --- in any case --- agreed, holding BTC, ETH, LTC for long term is no brainer.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Had a boo-boo moment last night, where I finally sold all my ETH at $155 bought below 100$ last year.

His tweet had a small effect because he posted "jk" right after.

ETH had a good run today and so did most of the other alts and Bitcoin itself. Basically in my opinion whenever ETH and LTC are running, usually BTC follows. If they start to stall it usually means that BTC will top out. Basically what happened when LTC started its heavy pullbacks.

So if you want to see the future of BTC price movements, its good to guage what the ETH and LTC markets are doing. I am predicting that BTC will break $6K easily when ETH breaks $200 and LTC breaks $100 in the near future.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

I'm considering rebuilding rigs for my R9 290s - ran the numbers yesterday and they'd be profitable - BARELY - at current conditions.

The issue with the R9 290, is that they don't hash at 30MH/s anymore with ETH, they got that DAG thrashing bug that the 280X had and they hash now at like 20MH/s while using like 200 Watts, hence it will be a while before they are profitable.

Didn't think they had gotten THAT bad - but it's been some months since I actively mined with them, and they were still pulling 28-29 at the time.
I haven't used 280x on ETH mining for YEARS now, there were better options even before the big widespread price jump.
legendary

these do pull higher watts but are hashing at 30.25 avg.  They dont really have any HW errors in hwinfo.  I kinda misspoke you are right, the ultra low watt 470s hash lower at 26.5-27.5 with reduced clock but are under 100w, with something like 0.825v core.  I remember wolf going 0.75v or something on this forum and achieving really low power usage but I cant come close to it.  Of course some cards are shit and dont cooperate.  These are either MSI armor/gaming x 470 or mining edition nitro 470.  Im curious to real actual power usage but yeah thats pretty much it, they are my favorite gpus. 

GPU-Z on AMD cards dos NOT report complete power figures - they appear to only report the power used by the GPU ITSELF, not including other power draw on the card like THE MEMORY.

This seems to be an issue with the CARD ITSELF not reporting the correct power draw figure, or splitting the report between more than one "figure" that has to be read and added together.
legendary
Since we've had a couple of new graphics cards enter the market, I thought it would be nice to see how they compare with current household names.
I went ahead and updated my short list of GPUs efficient at mining Ethereum. If you notice any errors, please let me know so I can correct them.

Partial list arranged by power efficiency (updated as of 4/23):

The full comparison is at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w6qQtpwzlKRPSx3hYIpTrO1d29SwAIhOV4CNGi3Jk6Y/edit?usp=sharing

Your numbers are a hair off on the GTX 1070 - I routinely see 31 Mhash/sec out of ALL of mine (usually a little more, rarely a HAIR less) and none need 110 watts to get there (a couple need 108, the rest are in the 104-106 range).
This is a wide mix of cards, EVGA, Gigabyte (including the last surviving MicroATX I have), MSI, Zotac off the top of my head, and at least 8 different card models.

Still, the newer cards do seem to have finally beat the old hash/watt king solidly.
legendary
OHMYGOD what does it take to hit legendary?!

You should be getting fairly close, if you've been posting for enough weeks.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----
Just saw C31/C32 ASICs now appearing with 500$ per day revenue..... wtf Huh

On this USDT news - its for real .... I started using BNB and ETH pairing in Binance, and avoided USDT altogether when Bitfinex & USDT brickbats appeared even last year.
those asics cost like 25k each Grin As for usdt isnt under investigation bitfinex is.Bitfinex those 800+ mill wasnt stolen but instead it was seized by 4-5 countries so they might get them back when they produce correct set of pappers(if they can)similar thing already happened with usdt when it was traded 90c on 1$ few months ago and now you can even margin trade usdt.Bittfinex getting rekt wouldnt be such a big deal since their volume is low and geting lower every month(rank 48 on cmc)people are already pulling out from exchange(over 100k btc moved from bitfinex cold wallet in last day)

I am a heavy Binance user and I was shocked to see that around 800M USD worth of USDT (out of the billions) sits in Binance.

With GRIN at $2+ now.... when they start burn-in process for these ASICs, cannot imagine at what price will be when customers receives them in October
Activity: 224
Merit: 18

On this USDT news - its for real .... I started using BNB and ETH pairing in Binance, and avoided USDT altogether when Bitfinex & USDT brickbats appeared even last year.
those asics cost like 25k each Grin As for usdt isnt under investigation bitfinex is.Bitfinex those 800+ mill wasnt stolen but instead it was seized by 4-5 countries so they might get them back when they produce correct set of pappers(if they can)similar thing already happened with usdt when it was traded 90c on 1$ few months ago and now you can even margin trade usdt.Bittfinex getting rekt wouldnt be such a big deal since their volume is low and geting lower every month(rank 48 on cmc)people are already pulling out from exchange(over 100k btc moved from bitfinex cold wallet in last day)
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

Problem is $3000 deposit on a unit wherein 2000 is refundable;  isn't decentralization mindful because most of the smaller guys don't even have a chance monetarily or hardware wise.
legendary
---- winter*juvia -----

Activity: 644
Merit: 24
What are your guys' thoughts on Tether? I'd ignored a lot of it prior to now, but WSJ is a little more reputable IMO.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bitfinex-used-tether-reserves-to-mask-missing-850-million-probe-finds-11556227031?mod=rsswn

Major newsie outlets are the least reputable outlets to be getting cryptocurrency news from. I didn't read the article, but USDT has been a concern for quite some time. The recent news isn't fake, if that's what you're asking.
Pages:
Jump to: