Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 39. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
What happened with the block that was "found" and not transmitted? Or have I missed it on a blockchain?
The pool was a block behind the mainnet at the time the block was found and it was immediately orphaned on restart of bitcoind when it caught up on mainnet. The  reason the pool lost connection with mainnet is due to a bitcoind issue that I've now patched and applied in the last restart. I'll write more about that when I can. I've left the block as pending to investigate further tomorrow (it's 3:30am here). This is the orphan data btw - block 242435:  
Code:
{
        "address" : "18cSDzSuRa4BtfKNu4qAPfeiS57uC9kER4",
        "category" : "orphan",
        "amount" : 25.05510000,
        "confirmations" : 0,
        "generated" : true,
        "txid" : "a5bae820979fa82783a665e1e1bef5f091b655a608ef3cd121f10fb9ad8bae18",
        "time" : 1371729118,
        "timereceived" : 1371729138
},
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Pool down again?
Had to do a quick bitcoind update to fix pool issues over the last couple of hours. You'll have seen a few restarts during that time.
What happened with the block that was "found" and not transmitted? Or have I missed it on a blockchain?
legendary
Pool down again?
Had to do a quick bitcoind update to fix pool issues over the last couple of hours. You'll have seen a few restarts during that time.
Pool down again?
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
It looks like you fixed 3.x bug... Since you reported the fix not one disconnect or jump.
Fantastic! Thanks for letting me know.
Disconnects are back. I have them now for 5 hours...

EDIT: They are so bad that I had to change the pool... Had 3 cgminer crashes in 1 hour...

Same here, I've been getting quite a few "Connection refused" messages this morning. I'm using getwork, FWIW.
WTF happen? Block found 14 minutes ago but not send for 10 minutes and and BTC Guild found it. Or did you reset block data by mistake?

EDIT: Pool down?
It looks like you fixed 3.x bug... Since you reported the fix not one disconnect or jump.
Disconnects are back. I have them now for 5 hours...

EDIT: They are so bad that I had to change the pool... Had 3 cgminer crashes in 1 hour...
Man, coming few and far between after the difficulty hike   Sad
Yes but we had incredible luck before that for two days. But right now whole network had luck problems... Or have we lost some hashes...
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Man, coming few and far between after the difficulty hike   Sad
Yep this is just too much.......
The pool is continually playing up.
If this is biased on my comment it is my fault that I have problems. I see them in CGminer but can't trace them and I saw a clue that my speed changes when switching pools. I'm looking on a way to trace that. But it is complicity problem with my setup.
legendary
This is the first I've heard of this. Are you on getwork or stratum?

giving the miners work then continually rejecting it.... with "unknown-work"
'unknown-work' means work is being submitted to the pool that it didn't serve. What mining software are you using? Do you have backup pools configured with it? Do you have any logs you can provide to look into it?
Activity: 399

giving the miners work then continually rejecting it.... with "unknown-work"

and no... it is not down to a block change.

25% rejected shares is just  not on........ going to meet the minimum pay out then i'm pulling the plug permanently....
Interesting... Bottleneck that I had with your pool that I PM you about also disappear... Got missing 60MH back. What did you do? I would like to figure out what is wrong with that miner...
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Something is not right.  All of my miners are up and submitting shares but the stats page shows about half as many shares as I would expect to see at this point in the round.  Looking back at the miner logs I do not see any signs of disconnects on my end.
I was (as of a few minutes ago) still getting "stratum disconnect" messages as reported above on this page. At the same time, the ASICMINER USB Erupters report a few HW errors through cgminer. The rate of HW errors comes to about 10% which is way above the usual 1.5%.

Just restarted and am watching the screen. Will report if the situation changes.
Have the same problem. It is 3.x cgminer problem...

EDIT: Missed there is another page Smiley
legendary
EDIT: Did you notice the last news on the page is 2013-02-14. All news after that are gone...
Yes, I delete news that is no longer needed (eg. pool restarts, temporary restrictions, etc) and move pool changes to the "Pool Changes" section.
legendary
In the meantime, the last 600 accepted shares ran with only 1% HW errors, so back to normal as far as that.
I've made a quick code change and restarted just now. I'd be interested if it makes a difference.

Edit: Oops, I lied. I have now definitely made the change and restarted again :-)
Activity: 296
Okay!

In the meantime, the last 600 accepted shares ran with only 1% HW errors, so back to normal as far as that.
Pages:
Jump to: