Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 57. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Not that I'm planing to do that but I got a idea how to cheat a pool. You must have multiple workers or accounts with diffident difficulty. Then you send all diff 1 shares to diff 1 worker, diff 2 to diff 2 worker and so on. Are pools protecting against something like that? I'm punting this out so you can start finding protection if there is none.
Yes, this has been catered for Smiley
legendary
I think the last thing most pool owners want is somebody leaving their browser open and constantly querying for stats while they're nowhere near the machine Smiley.  Just excess load for very little payoff.  Referring to AJAX in this case.  JQuery is nice for things like datatables and close-able alert messages.
Definitely. I used to use AJAX to provide an updating hash rate back in the early days and my bandwidth and load was immense. I assume people just left it open in a browser tab and forgot about it.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
After investigating the security breach [in Vircurex] we have to come to the conclusion that the attacker has been able to get root access to the systems.

Therefore we need to assume that the wallets might have been copied, thus DO NOT deposit funds. Everyone will be getting a new set of addresses.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I remember you and I think you were the one told me about this pool right? I do realize that at this hashrate it is more of a lottery to find a block so there will be bigger differences in earnings from day to day but it even out.

Nope not me, I've only progressed from newbie status today so these are some of my first posts!
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
FYI: I recently moved from slush also and after letting things even out a bit i'm getting the same amount of btc + alt coins... just need to wait a few days for the higher payouts to balance out fewer blocks found.

hth

I remember you and I think you were the one told me about this pool right? I do realize that at this hashrate it is more of a lottery to find a block so there will be bigger differences in earnings from day to day but it even out.
If it makes it easier for people to cheat, then feel free not to respond,

however, I don't understand how that "cheats" the pool.  Can you explain without making it easier for others to cheat?

I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to do what you're saying anyway...  I just turn on CGminer with mostly default settings.  I don't even know how or why I would want to change the difficulty on my end...
Well I'm more afraid that somebody is already doing it. It is a simple idea so I will respond.

Well you would probably need some proxy software or something. Also my math could be off. It might even be impossible because I don't know how stratum and getwork works but if it is possible it is a problem.

When you are mining you get 100% of diff 1 or higher shares, 50% diff 2 or higher shares, 33% diff 3 or higher shares and so on... So if you send all diff 1 shares to worker with diff 1 you get 50% hashrate. Now take all diff 2 and send it to a diff 2 worker. You get another 50%. Take diff 3 and send it to diff 3 worker and you get another 50%... And so on. You can multiply that to number of workers you setup...

EDIT: OK so only getwork can be hacked that way...
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Not that I'm planing to do that but I got a idea how to cheat a pool. You must have multiple workers or accounts with diffident difficulty. Then you send all diff 1 shares to diff 1 worker, diff 2 to diff 2 worker and so on. Are pools protecting against something like that? I'm punting this out so you can start finding protection if there is none.

For Stratum, that won't work since difficulty is defined per-connection, and each connection has a unique identifier in the coinbase to make all work unique to that connection.  Your work wouldn't be valid on the different workers.  If you ran them all through a proxy, they'd all be forced to run at the same difficulty, also eliminating this vector of attack.

Getwork should have similar preventions, but the protocol itself doesn't have any type of built in protection, it would be up to the operator to prevent that type of attack.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

If it makes it easier for people to cheat, then feel free not to respond,

however, I don't understand how that "cheats" the pool.  Can you explain without making it easier for others to cheat?

I'm guessing I wouldn't be able to do what you're saying anyway...  I just turn on CGminer with mostly default settings.  I don't even know how or why I would want to change the difficulty on my end...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I think the last thing most pool owners want is somebody leaving their browser open and constantly querying for stats while they're nowhere near the machine Smiley.  Just excess load for very little payoff.  Referring to AJAX in this case.  JQuery is nice for things like datatables and close-able alert messages.

Ahh ok. On the interface I'm setting up for a different pool, I'm using ajax, but not for auto-updating info. I'm using tabs to organize content with, and the tab does a ajax query when you open it. Keeps the html much cleaner, can more easily reuse the "inside" code on separate pages, and the info isn't generated unless it's actually needed. In fact, I use the cache setting in ajax so the info is only loaded a single time. Wink Basically, I wanted lazy generation of stats only as needed with a lightweight basic page for the structure.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007
Why no love for ajax/jquery?

Choose a "high" security setting in your browser, and the user interface of most pools breaks in pieces.
Only slush, deepbit and bitparking still useable.
Then deactivate cookies. Slush and deepbit are done. Bitparking still works.

Security aware net user, you don't get too many of us these days Smiley Hope you've removed Java too (0-day heaven these days : )

I will supply straight HTML and leave the rest up to doublec.. he may even hate what I put together and not use it.. his pool, his choice Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Why no love for ajax/jquery?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
A nice, responsive design web interface
If it's of interest I could knock up a nice little responsive design and chop it into HTML for you?
Sure, I'd be interested. I have zero design skills
But then stick to strictly HTML-only, please.  Wink
The main reason I'm mining at bitparking is it's completely free from ajax, jquery, popup windows, cookies, animated GIFs. 0% PHP, by the way.

Choose a "high" security setting in your browser, and the user interface of most pools breaks in pieces.
Only slush, deepbit and bitparking still useable.
Then deactivate cookies. Slush and deepbit are done. Bitparking still works.
I must say that in 6 hours I earn more NMC then in days with Slush. We just need some luck to find BTC block and I will be a happy camper. For now I must say that pool is better then I thought. It looks like it has much more statistic that I thought. But since it is under your username I couldn't know that.

FYI: I recently moved from slush also and after letting things even out a bit i'm getting the same amount of btc + alt coins... just need to wait a few days for the higher payouts to balance out fewer blocks found.

hth
I must say that in 6 hours I earn more NMC then in days with Slush. We just need some luck to find BTC block and I will be a happy camper. For now I must say that pool is better then I thought. It looks like it has much more statistic that I thought. But since it is under your username I couldn't know that.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
Hello,

I've been trying BitParking recently, I had problems with it before because I was earning nothing, zip. I read the whole thread there and found out about the issue with previous versions of cgminer. I was using the binary coming with the 50miner.org package for Windows, and I can confirm that the version in this package is still incompatible with BitParking stratum server (no big deal here, just wanted to mention it if it can help someone else).

I am very happy with the pool so far, and I'm just waiting for that next block to be found right now ;-)

Overall this would be the wishlist that comes to my mind:

• Add separate sub-accounts by worker
  • Protect accounts with password + 2FA to allow for withdrawal address changes
  • Include the collected mining fees of each block in the payout
  • A nice, responsive design web interface

I would be willing to pay an extra, say, 2% for that.

One last thing, some people still like PPS despite higher fees (e.g. BTC Guild), maybe it should come back so the pool would be more attractive for low-rate miners?

At any rate, thanks to the pool operator for this unique MM pool.
legendary
If it's of interest I could knock up a nice little responsive design and chop it into HTML for you?
Sure, I'd be interested. I have zero design skills Smiley
legendary
are you planing to bring back the startum2 server? was much more responsive to me then the standard server
I took it down because someone complained that it was lagged and missing shares. I can bring it back if there's interest.
legendary
but the website is so lightweight that there is nor problem in using it on a mobile device
Try WebSnap or WidgetMaker. They allow taking snapshots of websites and putting them on a widget on your homescreen that is regularly updated. They're pretty neat. I use them for monitoring some internal pool data.
Pages:
Jump to: