Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 72. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
Pool will have 5 minutes of downtime to install merge mining updates.

Edit: Upgrade done. Let's see if it sticks...
legendary
More stratum merge mining progress. I've got the code working and blocks are found on the alt chains in my testnet. I'll do some more testing over the next few hours than push to production. Not long now!
legendary
I'm making progress on the merge mining support on the stratum connection. I hope to have it testing tomorrow and all going well put it live the next day. The hash rate of the pool has increased dramatically since putting in stratum support. Currently it's around 800 GH/s. It'll be good to get that hash rate working on the alt chains with merge mining. And good for the pool reserves as they're paying the alt coins out of the pool pockets at the moment.
legendary
Pool is going down for a couple of minutes to re-enable merge mining on the getwork server.

Edit: Back up and merge minining on the getwork server.
legendary
Merge mining is temporarily disabled. The merge mining code was putting the wrong height data in the coinbase for my version 2 blocks. This didn't use to be checked but once we hit 75% of the network producing version 2 blocks it activated. This resulted in my last 3 blocks being invalidated. I had discovered the version mismatch earlier today but thought version 2 blocks weren't activate until 95% so had some time to fix. That's what I've been working on today. Unfortunately I didn't know about the 75% switch and I ran out of time.

So merge mining is deactivated until I finish coding and testing the fix. I expect about 24-36 hours.
legendary
There will  be a couple of brief periods of downtime while I update to bitcoind 0.8.1 for the blockchain fork fixes. The stratum server should be down for a short period of about 60 seconds since it's already running a modified 0.8.0. The getwork server will be down for longer while it updates - the stratum server will work during this time.

Edit: Stratum server is upgraded to 0.8.1 and back up. The getwork server will be going down once the stratum server has stabalized.
Edit2: Getwork server is upgraded and back up.
legendary
I've changed the default difficulty on the stratum server to 8. If this is too much for your miner don't forget you can change it as described in the original post here by setting your password to "d=x" where 'x' is the number of the difficulty.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Oh, sorry, forgot to say, it's running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
What version of the proxy software? I just tried the git repository and it is working. Can you PM me some of the trackback (or a link to a pastebin with it) so I can see what's causing the error?

As they say, "you have mail".
TVM.
legendary
What version of the proxy software? I just tried the git repository and it is working. Can you PM me some of the trackback (or a link to a pastebin with it) so I can see what's causing the error?
Should I be aiming the proxy at a different port?
That looks fine. Is this slush's proxy? I'll download it and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Yes, Slush's proxy downloaded direct from github.

TIA.

That looks fine. Is this slush's proxy? I'll download it and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Yes, Slush's proxy downloaded direct from github.

TIA.
legendary
I have the latest GUIminer working fine on Stratum to port 3333 - nice one.

However I cannot get it working via my Stratum proxy.
I have 5 machines (8 GPUs) and would like to route them via the proxy to save internet bandwidth.
Starting my proxy with "\Stratum\mining_proxy_1.2.0.exe -o mmpool.bitparking.com -p 3333"
gives :-

Unhandled error in Deferred:

exceptions.ValueError : too many values to unpack

legendary
stratum server works fantastic just spent a day and a half updating about 20 rigs but it was worth it. Stales are between 0.17-0.30% how awesome is that. Also adding the merge mining code to the stratum server I assume will just take some extra time right? Its not like stratum isn't compatible with the alt chains
Great to hear it's working well for you! Yes, it'll just take some time to update my current merge mining code to provide the information the stratum server needs. There's nothing fundamental with stratum that would prevent it from working. I'm hoping to get it done in the next few days.
Activity: 437
Merit: 250
stratum server works fantastic just spent a day and a half updating about 20 rigs but it was worth it. Stales are between 0.17-0.30% how awesome is that. Also adding the merge mining code to the stratum server I assume will just take some extra time right? Its not like stratum isn't compatible with the alt chains

Stratum server finds its first block. Block 226272.
legendary
Stratum server finds its first block. Block 226272.
legendary
May I ask you what is the purpose of difficulty? And if there is a rule to set it? I have two HD 5850 GPUs.
Usually pools provide shares to a miner set to difficulty '1'. This controls how fast you submit solutions to the pool. '1' was good for slower miners but with fast GPUs, FPGA's and ASICS it results in so much data being sent to the pool that your miner spends all its time sending and less time solving. By increasing the difficulty level you send less data and spend more time mining. It increases your variance a bit so you don't want to set it too high. For your setup the default of '4' should be fine.
Activity: 547
Merit: 105
Bitcoin ya no es el futuro, es el presente
May I ask you what is the purpose of difficulty? And if there is a rule to set it? I have two HD 5850 GPUs.

Thanks
Ok, after building 2.11.1 version I see the stratum OK Smiley so I think the 2.9.5 version implementation of stratum does not work with bitparking pool.
I can make a telnet to port 3333.

I have cgminer 2.9.5, maybe that is the problem. I'm going to build the 2.11.0

stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333   Dead
This works for me with cgminer 2.11.0:

Code:
./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333 -u username -p d=16

Does it work for you? Is port 3333 blocked at your firewall? Can you connect to any other stratum server?
Pages:
Jump to: