Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 73. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I need to switch the port I'm referencing?  So that I take advantage of the stratum?

Sorry, I missed that part.  I'll try to find some time tomorrow, but the green beer may keep me busy...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333   Dead
This works for me with cgminer 2.11.0:

Code:
./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333 -u username -p d=16

Does it work for you? Is port 3333 blocked at your firewall? Can you connect to any other stratum server?
Activity: 547
Merit: 105
Bitcoin ya no es el futuro, es el presente
This is what I'm getting:

stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333   Dead

But on non-stratum:

http://mmpool.bitparking.com:15098   Alive
legendary
Is there any problem with the pool right now? I can't connect, not with stratum, nor without it. Thanks
It's working for me. Anyone else having issues?
Activity: 547
Merit: 105
Bitcoin ya no es el futuro, es el presente
Is there any problem with the pool right now? I can't connect, not with stratum, nor without it. Thanks

----

I think the problem is with stratum. I fixed the protocol in cgminer to non stratum as a secondary (failover) pool, and now it works on it, but the stratum does not.
legendary
The main pool page now shows the Getwork, Stratum and total hash rates. So far there is 50 GHash on the stratum server. I've also adjusted these rates to show GHash instead of the previous MHash. The URL http://mmpool.bitparking.com/stats2 shows this data in JSON format.
legendary
The restart mentioned in my previous message is done. There shouldn't be any more planned restarts until the next round of stratum modifications for merge mining support.
legendary
There was a stratum restart a few minutes ago to improve performance on share submission. There will be another one in an hour to change over to another bitcoind. This should only be a 30 second outage.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
I decided to try this pool a few days ago, thinking it didn't have stratum support. But you sneaked in the support just before I joined Smiley. I hope you enable merged mining on stratum soon, though I see the altcoins are accumulating anyway.
legendary
Stratum support seems to be going OK. I've had to do a few server restarts to real with merge mining issues on the getwork server but other than that things are working fine. Some better luck would be nice! I have some more tweaks to do on the stratum side of things to make reporting shares more efficient and hope to get that done over the next couple of days.
legendary
Thanks for always looking for new opportunities.  Can you post a link or explain in a couple words what advantages "stratum" would bring to your pool?
A description of stratum is here. It basically provides a more efficient way of receiving and sending work from/to the pool that the 'getwork' and longpoll protocols. For ASIC miners and other very fast devices this will cut down on bandwidth and make more efficient use of their machines. There should be less stales. 

Gotcha, so it's a "no brainer" with nothing to debate, just an upgrade.

Thanks for the quick response and again, thanks for being awesome!
legendary
Thanks for always looking for new opportunities.  Can you post a link or explain in a couple words what advantages "stratum" would bring to your pool?
A description of stratum is here. It basically provides a more efficient way of receiving and sending work from/to the pool that the 'getwork' and longpoll protocols. For ASIC miners and other very fast devices this will cut down on bandwidth and make more efficient use of their machines. There should be less stales. 
legendary
I am testing stratum support. You may see your miner jump to the stratum protocol if it supports the redirection via the X-Stratum header. The server is stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333. The stratum server is not currently merge mining but it is paying out the alt coin PPS portion from pool reserves. Please post any issues about the stratum usage here.

legendary
I am testing stratum support. You may see your miner jump to the stratum protocol if it supports the redirection via the X-Stratum header. The server is stratum+tcp://mmpool.bitparking.com:3333. The stratum server is not currently merge mining but it is paying out the alt coin PPS portion from pool reserves. Please post any issues about the stratum usage here.

Remember to set your difficulty for mining by setting your password to "d=8" to set the difficulty to '8'. Change '8' to an integer number for the difficulty you want to mine at. If you don't set the difficulty it will default to 4 on the stratum server.
legendary
Withdrawals on bitparking pool are re-enabled and service is back to normal for the exchanges.
legendary
you rock!  I ironically just updated to 0.8... was that a poor choice on my part?
You can still downgrade if you haven't deleted your old blockchain data. If you're not mining though you should probably just shut the node down until the situation is resolved and we know which is the 'one true client' to run. If you're mining solo, mine on a 0.7.2 client. Bitparking is now running 0.7.2.
legendary
I've rolled back to an older bitcoin client as suggested by the bitcoin developers and have enabled mining again. Withdrawals are disabled until the issue with the bitcoin blockchain is resolved.

you rock!  I ironically just updated to 0.8... was that a poor choice on my part?
legendary
I've rolled back to an older bitcoin client as suggested by the bitcoin developers and have enabled mining again. Withdrawals are disabled until the issue with the bitcoin blockchain is resolved.
legendary
It looks like a wider problem with blockchain forks. All bitparking services are down while this bitcoin issue is investigated.
legendary
Pool is down while I investigate an issue with bitcoind not receiving new blocks on the network for the past few hours.
Pages:
Jump to: