Pages:
Author

Topic: [9 TH] Bitparking Pool, DGM 0%,vardiff,stratum,Merge Mining - page 75. (Read 163780 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005
is it impossible to change your id's bitcoin address.... wtf
That's by design. It means it's impossible for a hacker to change your bitcoin payout address. Allowing changes would also require users to have passwords which adds another whole level of security that's uneeded in the current design. Just create a new username if you want to change things.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

Cash out and create a new ID if you'd like to update your addresses.  That's what I do.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
I'm using the windows binary that is on your site.
legendary
Weird, my i0client won't sync with the block chain, so I can't confirm receipt of the coins. The client says I need to upgrade or others need to upgrade. I wonder what's changed.
What client are you using? Try deleting the block chain (not your wallet.dat!) and redownoading it.
Weird, my i0client won't sync with the block chain, so I can't confirm receipt of the coins. The client says I need to upgrade or others need to upgrade. I wonder what's changed.
legendary
All i0coin balances have now been sent.
legendary
i0coin balances are in the process of being sent out now. You should see your coins appear in the next few hours depending on network speed.
legendary
doublec, What's the word on i0coin balances being paid out?
They'll be sent out before the end of the month.
doublec, What's the word on i0coin balances being paid out?
legendary
My understanding is TRC would need to be programmed to be able to be a secondary chain to Bitcoin to be merge mineable.  BTC is the primary chain, so unless this is changed when the source code was made for TRC, then I think that means it can't be merged.
This is correct. TRC (and PPCoin) can't be merge mined as a secondary chain. This means you can't mine bitcoins along with them. You could (with patches) mine them as the primary chain and mine other alt chains at the same time - just not bitcoin.
legendary
Ok, then GG is out, that makes sense though, maybe an update on the site just made it look like it was available. The TRC supposedly is about identical to BTC it should be merged mineable?

I think you should make a thread in the alternate cryptocurrencies section if you have further questions:

My understanding is TRC would need to be programmed to be able to be a secondary chain to Bitcoin to be merge mineable.  BTC is the primary chain, so unless this is changed when the source code was made for TRC, then I think that means it can't be merged.

I'm pretty sure I recall reading a whole thread on how TRC can't be merged.  (searched, can't find it)
legendary
If you login to vircurex and go to accounts, GG is now populating as a wallet, I guess there is the possibility they are just toying with it? ( I did not mean TRC was being added, only GG is on the list on their site) But TRC is gaining popularity for some reason lately.

We should probably take this conversation elsewhere; however, here's on more response:

I deleted GG from my records effective June 2012; however, I agree that this is listed under accounts with my balance there.

Not sure if this has been displayed all along, or if this is signs of new developments for GG.  It used to be traded on Vircurex back in the day.

I still see my LQC balance there even though I opted to not withdraw (never got around to finding it a good home).  This makes me unsure whether having the balances there means anything...
legendary
Looks like its being added to vircurex, I had not heard of it before though. Everything I have read says that TRC could be merged mined, but I dont know how it works so there is no point in me speculating.

Where'd you read that?  I just searched and didn't find anything including vircurex and TRC.
legendary
Any plans to add some of the new ones that are out like TRC/GG?

TRC (Terracoin?) runs independently from the merged coins, yes?

GG (Geist Geld?) - haven't heard about this chain in a while... unless you're talking about another chain.

Pretty sure Giest Geld died out a while ago.
legendary
The pool is down. I'm investigating why it's failing to restart and will update here when I have more information.
Yep, my workers are connected.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Web pages are down.

Is the pool up?

(I have it set as a backup pool.)
legendary
So my first post 210,000 block question is will the site display half the rate from before?

I averaged 6k ghash before the block.  It seems like there was a reset or something, cuz it's displaying in the 2,000s now, so I wonder if it will get back up to 6k or not.

I already checked the machine and it's running just fine.  Perhaps I should just be a bit more patient, but my monitor keeps e-mailing me, haha.

EDIT: NVM, we're up to 5k already.  I'm assuming it will get back to 6k in another few minutes.
Communication problems all day, causing switching between this pool and my backups. Miner can't connect to the pool, then is able to connect about 10 seconds later, repeating a few times, then goes dead, my miner switches to backup, bitparking comes back and my miner switches back, and about 5 min later the cycle starts again. This all negatively affects the output of my hardware, has cut my hashing rate in half. I've disabled this pool for the time being, until it gets better.
Pages:
Jump to: