Pages:
Author

Topic: A lot of newbies buying the wrong coin. Be carefull! - page 12. (Read 2645 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
This is true, we that are newbie must seek advice from our senior colleagues before investing in any coin or ICO. There are some new coins offering ICO, before you know it, they would have varnished from market. I have a friend who a wealth of ideals and experience in crypto investment.  He is the one I consult whenever I want to by coin, he has been a great help for me. Newbie, invest in the coins that have already been established in the market.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
That comparison is made in favor of Bcash, it's just propaganda.
Your comparison doesn't even mention SegWit, which is a big advantage of Bitcoin, it allows Lightning transactions on the mainnet.
A stable lighting implementation for Bitcoin Core will make all altcoins unnecessary, including your Bcash.
Lightning transactions offchain, not on the mainet. Watch the video and repply me again after doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k14EDcB-DcE
Segwit makes 0 confirm transactions (faster than LN) unsecure, how is this an advantage?

LN will never work, is too difficult and expensive to open and close lightning channels.
Just nerds will understand the basic setup steps of the LN :

PS: BCash is a fork of ZCash (https://medium.com/@freetrade68/announcing-bcash-8b938329eaeb), I was talking about Bitcoin (Cash) this kind of uninformed comments just make the enviroment more confusing to the newbies.

There are so many Bitcoin forks that it is difficult not to make any mistake even for a very experienced person. Actually be very attentive and do not be ever in a hurry when you invest some money into crypto.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 129
they buy coin base on the signal and market trend. they have zero understanding of cryptocurrency when they lost their investment they will run back to bitcointalk explaining to us why bitcoin is a Ponzi scheme.
Activity: 790
Merit: 261
Bitcoins are rising. They see huge profits on it so most people choose it. I think so

Bitcoin is forever and it is not affordable for everyone but nowadays newcomers are carried away by ICO and new coins like dogecoin and end up investing there.
Activity: 833
Merit: 267
Bitcoins are rising. They see huge profits on it so most people choose it. I think so

Yes definitely bitcoin will be raising again much sooner than the expected time and Fi ally there will be happy days for all the investors and newbies who have invested right before the dump.
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
Everyone of us pass the stage of being a newbie.  We always learn through our mistakes that make us stronger and knowledgeable.  Even how much I read and be conservative in my choices of buying coins, I always found out new problems that lead me to wrong speculations.  You have your own evaluation and I know some people will appreciate that but the crypt world is very complicated.  It is good to be always on the safe side but sometimes we have to take a chance because finding good investment is always a risk.
Activity: 294
Merit: 3
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Cash believer ?  A coin operated many times and fully controlled by Bitland, or the people named Jihan WU , why you take this FORK to newbie?
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
At August 8, 2017  Bitcoin forked. Now there are two "bitcoins" but just one is what Bitcoin used to be (Bitcoin Cash aka BCH) while the other one is just digital lead (Bitcoin Core aka BTC).

reddit.com/r/btc

If you want to learn more about Bitcoin just follow @Bitcoin on twitter Wink
I think this is a very sensible recommendation and enough to give insight for beginners who perform trading activities on crypto exchanges. But there are some words that need to be fixed where you say about Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Core, because Bitcoin Core only works to verify transactions.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
Best to stick with the main coins i.e. ethereum and bitcoin. These alternatives are created for a few individuals to get rich, bitcoin fuji is going to be released soon and they will also claim to be the best bitcoin. These forks like bitcoin cash, bitcoin diamond, and endless other varieties are a waste of time. Newbies should stick with the herd
Activity: 378
yes indeed this is pretty normal for those new ones or newbies they do not know what will be the best to buy and also they are not informed so i prefer to guide them or maybe help them by posting stuff and reading the pinned post
Activity: 231
Merit: 10
If they are buying a wrong coin,  are you willing to buy all your Bitcoin  to BCASH? Even Roger Ver refuse to do it. Looks like you are not walking the talk. Convert all your bitcoin to BCASH and I will believe you.
Activity: 686
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
At August 8, 2017  Bitcoin forked. Now there are two "bitcoins" but just one is what Bitcoin used to be (Bitcoin Cash aka BCH) while the other one is just digital lead (Bitcoin Core aka BTC).

reddit.com/r/btc

We can stop them to buy any coin with their analyze and money, because from there they will have valuable experience. Actually, we also don't know which one is the right coin and that's why stop loss is needed. I'll ignore when someone choose coin not the same like I do but I always give them advice to replace their stop loss into their strategy. Chose coin is only perspective but stop loss is reality, do that to safe your asset from bigger loss.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
This topic reminds me of my stupidity in the past. I try to buy BITCOIN, but there are many same name like Bitcoin Gold, Bitcoin Dark, Bitcoin Red. Very confusing.
And now, i know which are the real BITCOIN and the "look a like" BITCOIN using ERC20 Platform.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Thank you for the information, although I'm not a newbie, but I almost bought it, it's because of inattention. There are so many forks nowadays !
Activity: 1540
Merit: 219

reddit.com/r/btc

Yeah, this is the one reason why there's many newcomer have trauma in this industry because they got scam  and they don't think carefully about what coin is need to invest. They don't do research , gather some data and survey. So they got the wrong coin that for the short term only and don't have valuable reason
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
Indeed, for some novices, they don't even know the difference between BCH and BTC, they just know that BTC is more expensive.
I think this post should be transferred to the beginners section.
Activity: 434
Speaking about the characteristics, then BCH is much better, so that it is not necessary to be a professional trader to understand this
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
It is because they still have more to learn about this market. Some newbies tend to be impulsive. They are the ones easily scammed because they are not yet fully aware that scammers are all over this place. It is important that newbies make their own research about the coins they want to invest in to avoid mistakes and loss.
Activity: 154
Merit: 11
be careful because there really are a huge number of scam ICOs and it is highly advisable to study thoroughly first that certain ICO you wishes to buy coins on. don't just go and buy because the offer is too good. there is a possibility of it being scam and it will cause you fortune and tons of regret someday. when you invest, you take risk. since we're gonna take risk, why not do double checking and make it worth it?
Pages:
Jump to: