Pages:
Author

Topic: A New Bitcoin Rival Is Coming? - page 3. (Read 13166 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 102
July 05, 2019, 07:15:37 AM
If Facebook coin doesn´t have a creator and become decentralized, then yes. But this can´t happen, right?
Libra will have power only because many people are using Facebook everyday.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 05, 2019, 07:04:11 AM
There is still chance t have another coin compete directly with Bitcoin, but not Libra coin. The reason Bitcoin succeed is as a result of many factors, Satoshi deciding to leave the project for others to develop to me create the path for the success of the Network, No one will tell you your fund has been flagged because this will happen remember EOS. People just need to wait and see how this project will fail big time
Activity: 819
Merit: 251
July 05, 2019, 04:09:32 AM
I don't think Libra would be the rival of bitcoin at all because there are so many people out there including experts and also including me saying and believing that Libra will take a positive effect on bitcoin and into cryptocurrency because of the recognition of it in cryptocurrency to public and social media.
Libra can be also the way for many people to know not just bitcoin but also the whole system of cryptocurrency so we don't need to worry about it at all.
Activity: 481
Merit: 11
July 05, 2019, 02:45:03 AM
We all know that this is not going to be rival any time soon and how much will it last to the top value is also a questionable. As it could be just a short time phenomenon and after that people will sell it and many might not even take this coin considering it is coming from the FB who has sold the data.
all possibilities are now possible, many assumptions come because Facebook is surprisingly announcing their crypto. I hope we can wait patiently for the certainty that will occur in the market. now don't speculate too much, just follow how the process will show the best.
Activity: 854
Merit: 115
July 05, 2019, 02:39:23 AM
I don't think Facebook Coin (LIBRA) is "the New Bitcoin Rival".

Yes, they've become "the king of Social Media" but not for cryptocurrencies, I don't even think they can "defeat" Ripple on crypto world.
Learn how LIBRA will become and developed makes me think "Isn't this a setback in the crypto world?"
In the name of Cryptocurrencies they launched LIBRA, but in reality they just broke "Decentralize" vision
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
July 05, 2019, 02:06:44 AM
A stable Libra coin cannot compete with Bitcoin. Stable coins and decentralized cryptocurrency have completely different functions and tasks. This coin, of course, will have a significant impact on the cryptocurrency and, possibly, will divert some funds to itself. However, at the same time, given that Libra will have a digital shell, its use will necessarily draw attention to the decentralized cryptocurrency and contribute to its implementation in our life.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
July 05, 2019, 01:25:15 AM
Mark Zuckerberg is a genius, but the guy can be mistaken as usual people. New coin with its stability and aim can help people escape problems of inflations and make online purchases easy, but it is not a BTC rival.

We all know that this is not going to be rival any time soon and how much will it last to the top value is also a questionable. As it could be just a short time phenomenon and after that people will sell it and many might not even take this coin considering it is coming from the FB who has sold the data.
Activity: 746
Merit: 10
https://axiomapay.com/
July 04, 2019, 11:48:52 PM
bitcoin yes bitcoin and facebok coins also remained facebook coins. they are clearly different so I don't think that it is a rival to bitcoin. While Bitcoin is the king of cryptoqurrency from the past until now, while Facebook coins are still new, they haven't even appeared in the public.
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
3... 2... 1... Launch!
July 04, 2019, 09:57:32 PM
Facebook's GlobalCoin is not a direct rival to Bitcoin which is considered to be "digital gold" and can be used as a store of value with long term investment potential, whereas the former is a stablecoin specifically designed for payment purposes for users of the social media platform
Activity: 882
Merit: 100
July 04, 2019, 02:54:59 PM
I think Zuckerberg will not be able to conquer Satoshi. Since Facebook will release an imaginary cryptocurrency that will have the main functions but not be individual. Most likely it is necessary to simplify the tax policy in the country.
Activity: 454
Merit: 13
July 04, 2019, 01:32:24 PM
No coin can compete with bitcoin due to the fact that no coin can achieve the same distribution that bitcoin has.
then to even suggest that some stablecoin from Facebook would replace anything..
I do not think bitcoin can be replaced by the facebook coin. Bitcoin already has ten years head start and many developers all over the world, whereas facebook only has its own teams of developers without the experience of bitcoin.
Activity: 482
Merit: 117
July 04, 2019, 12:44:11 PM
I don’t think it will get to that point. Even though Facebook has a very big influence on almost every person in this world, getting such a big company to join the crypto world is going to be a game changer. But it is a stable coin first of all so comparing it with Bitcoin is not correct. But Mark joining the crypto is going to pull a lot of funds; many investors are already very keen on investing in it and have plans to do so. It is a stable coin and meant to be one.
Let’s see in which direction this coin takes the crypto world to, and hopes it is beneficial for the crypto world.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
July 04, 2019, 12:05:17 PM
Facebook has an owner, BTC doesn`t, it speaks a lot for people who understand crypto revolution and what is decentralization. Stable libra coin to compete with bitcoin? Not a chance, the only advantage Facebook has is in the user base, it`s big, but that advantage will melt down in a couple of years, many people who introduce crypto trough libra coin will transfer their assets to bitcoin and other good coins. It will be a massive boost for crypto community.

This is very well explained. Even though Libra has a diverse set of owners, it still has owners and can be subject to attacks as the hearing on 17th July shows.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 04, 2019, 11:51:58 AM
Facebook has an owner, BTC doesn`t, it speaks a lot for people who understand crypto revolution and what is decentralization. Stable libra coin to compete with bitcoin? Not a chance, the only advantage Facebook has is in the user base, it`s big, but that advantage will melt down in a couple of years, many people who introduce crypto trough libra coin will transfer their assets to bitcoin and other good coins. It will be a massive boost for crypto community.
Activity: 315
Merit: 2
July 04, 2019, 11:41:17 AM
I am even thinking of those who will invest in thus so called Libra coin, that is called a stable coin. The question I keep asking myself is, do we even need it? What is the essence of it, if jot to enrich themselves.
Comparing it with bitcoin, sometimes make me doubt the potency and proposed use of it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
July 04, 2019, 10:52:54 AM
Facebook is here more than 10 years and in this long time period nothing replaced Bitcoin. And Libra coin haven´t any chance to beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency with the most safest decentralized network. What can Libra offer?  Cheesy
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
July 04, 2019, 10:14:33 AM
Definitely there will be a huge interest to the coin that Mark is going to release. For investors it will be a great chance to earn. But personally, I very much doubt Mark himself.  I think that this is the person who will easily carry out the installations of the American government, and this makes me tense up. I think that this project will give us many surprises, so always remain attentive.
Activity: 138
Merit: 1
July 04, 2019, 09:49:53 AM
Indeed the crypto currency world is a world full of challenges and competition. Many coins that appear every day intend to become a competitor of bitcoin. Global Coin is only one of the new competitors of Bitcoin. Many bitcoin competitor coins are still competing to gain public trust. Indeed we must be open with the presence of new and more sophisticated technologies. The many competitors of bitcoin actually make us even more proud because the presence of this new technology is certainly an improvement from the previous technology. We will become easier in financial transactions if new technologies emerge. I think that we must always think positively.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
July 04, 2019, 09:41:14 AM
I dont think that libra will ever be a rival to bitcoin. Bitcoin’s main advantage is that its decentralized and anonimity. Libra won’t provide this and they are not on the same league.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
July 04, 2019, 09:27:54 AM
No, this coin is centralized and it has 0 chances to compete with bitcoin.
Don't even try to suggest something as a competitor for bitcoin, it is impossible
Pages:
Jump to: