Pages:
Author

Topic: A New Bitcoin Rival Is Coming? - page 8. (Read 13166 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 100
June 06, 2019, 02:36:27 PM
The guy seems to be very confident about what he says. However, the new cryptocurrency, when (and if) it appears will be used as a stable coin (as I guess). It cannot become a Bitcoin serious rival or its killer.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 288
June 05, 2019, 02:59:50 PM
The hype behind this coin is getting too much day by day,  I'm not surprised though,  I just wish the project can maintain and achieve it's goals,  but to be honest it's not a rival and can never be a threat to bitcoin,  Bitcoin is the king of cryptocurrency
Activity: 327
Merit: 1
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
June 05, 2019, 01:07:16 PM
It's because it is created by the most powerful social media it will land as Bitcoin's rival, we must stop assuming that it will because there are still no information about the coin and what would be its role in the cryptocommunity and will attract investors from cryptocurrency, everything are all still hanging.

well that's what we need to ask, that they have a large community and are not surprised by social media like Facebook. but if it's only rumors or haven't proven a plan they will manage in this field, we cannot assume that they are new rivals of bitcoin.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
June 05, 2019, 12:26:50 PM
It's because it is created by the most powerful social media it will land as Bitcoin's rival, we must stop assuming that it will because there are still no information about the coin and what would be its role in the cryptocommunity and will attract investors from cryptocurrency, everything are all still hanging.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
June 05, 2019, 09:43:37 AM

There are objecting that what Facebook is getting into is not decentralized and hence can not even be called as genuine cryptocurrency akin to what we see in Bitcoin, Ethereum and the rest of the gang.
cryptocurrency is a currency that is based on cryptography, it doesn't have to be decentralized. but when a cryptocurrency is centralized you can no longer compare it with bitcoin.
by the way Ethereum is also centralized not as much as a company coin like Facebook coin but still centralized.

Well, I agree with this statement. Bitcoin is a pioneer cryptocurrency.
So, I think it's very difficult for ALTCOIN newcomers to compete with the popularity of Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
June 05, 2019, 09:29:16 AM
I think you mentioned bitcoin rival to get a lot of attention to your write up, everyone knows that it will be difficult to rival bitcoin in the scheme of things, Bitcoin has already taken the center stage in the scheme of things and every other one will be coming behind. Coming from Facebook, I wouldn't be expecting much as this is not the niche, crypto is entirely a discrete and decentralized payment system, I doubt if Facebook would be able to provide that without option of reveal the user's data or personal details.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
June 05, 2019, 12:43:04 AM
Facebook's new cryptocurrency is reported to be a stablecoin for members to use for payments and its full specifications haven't been released yet, however, it is not likely to be a direct rival to Bitcoin which is decentralized, is widely considered to be a digital version of gold and a future store of value and it should only benefit from the increased exposure this venture can provide for the cryptocurrency industry

If this is a stablecoin, i think there is no different with paypal or others digital currency and its centralized coin. But if this globalcoin have limited supply, perhaps the price could rising like others cryptocurrency
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
June 04, 2019, 09:08:38 PM
Facebook's new cryptocurrency is reported to be a stablecoin for members to use for payments and its full specifications haven't been released yet, however, it is not likely to be a direct rival to Bitcoin which is decentralized, is widely considered to be a digital version of gold and a future store of value and it should only benefit from the increased exposure this venture can provide for the cryptocurrency industry
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
June 03, 2019, 01:33:14 AM
I don't think it is a bitcoin rival. Facebook coin will be more like a USDT rival as it should be a stable coin and if people can trade it. But this coin can help for the growth of the cryptos market.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 448
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
June 03, 2019, 01:25:03 AM
This is only a discourse that does not necessarily happen and in my opinion it will not be possible and no one can compete with Bitcoin, and bitcoin to achieve the highest price requires a long process and a very long time.
Facebook coins have not yet been launched but guessing will rival Bitcoin without going through a long process, I think that is not possible.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
June 03, 2019, 01:23:06 AM
I don't think coin from Facebook  is intended to rival Bitcoin. Facebook coin would be a totally utlity coin probably restricted within the Facebook platform of Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, Instragram and other services provided by Facebook. It could be used as a payment gateway and even if it had speculative value, it would not be in low supply.

Facebook have a lot platform and most people in the world use that platform. If global coin used in their platform like whatsapp or messenger, i think this could be a good and its good start for mass adoption
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
June 03, 2019, 01:01:03 AM
I don't think coin from Facebook  is intended to rival Bitcoin. Facebook coin would be a totally utlity coin probably restricted within the Facebook platform of Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, Instragram and other services provided by Facebook. It could be used as a payment gateway and even if it had speculative value, it would not be in low supply.

I am agree with you. Facebook coin or global coin is not a rival for bitcoin because bitcoin use my most crypto community and its decentralized. I think global coin will be centralized coin and it must be different. Perhaps global coin could be good investment but used in facebook platform
Activity: 946
Merit: 105
June 02, 2019, 08:30:03 PM
Activity: 76
Merit: 0
June 02, 2019, 08:04:10 PM
I don't like this at all. Specially with a company that has so many billions as Facebook, I see a lot of manipulation and a lot of regular people getting screwed.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
June 02, 2019, 08:01:11 PM
How can this be a rival to Bitcoin when it's yet to be launched?
Another question, can it survive what Bitcoin passed through over the years? The badmouthing etc.
We should learn that Bitcoin grew against all odds and thus where it is today, so valuable and respected. Till the end of time, I don't think Bitcoin will have a rival.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
June 01, 2019, 11:16:11 PM
I don't know but I consider this an insult if they claim that they are going to beat or even rival Bitcoin, based on other reactions it could be another stable coin in the market, they haven't released or announced an update, everything is still hanging until we see their algo, supply and the composition of the team and their roadmap, people will speculating.
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
June 01, 2019, 11:05:07 PM
Did you say Bitcoin Rival? well in this space everything is so possible,i say possible because things you have never imagined would surprisingly come up,  but in my thoughts, I don't think the facebook coin will match bitcoin. Bitcoin is about decentralisation.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
June 01, 2019, 08:48:31 PM
We make this moment as a medium to compete positively, whatever will happen and if indeed the tokens are good and defeat the existing tokens. This depends on how much they struggle to realize this.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
June 01, 2019, 07:08:13 PM
Any coin hitting the market maybe a rival to other established coins. And we all know that Facebook is most popular and is being used by majority of the populations. And there is high chance for the coin issued by Facebook to get widespread attention. But I cannot say that the facebook issued coin will replace bitcoin, a legacy coin in the future. 
The realization that this kind of project is centralized will get different approaches from  different types of investors, those who did not value the essence of decentralization will favor this project but those who still loves it will not favor dealing with this.
Activity: 420
Merit: 3
June 01, 2019, 07:07:44 PM
Before the arrival of global coin by Facebook, it's got a lot of hype, but saying that it is bitcoin rival, is too much of a hype for it.
Imagine a coin that is yet to lunch, yet you are saying it can favourably compete with bitcoin.
Well, i think I am one of those waiting for this coin to much and I think I will take part in it.
Pages:
Jump to: