Pages:
Author

Topic: A potential top @ $12.16: the bearish case - page 2. (Read 7630 times)

donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
Was the drop from $15.40 down to $10.60 part of that prediction ...

Correct. The retracement went a bit higher than I expected, but I think being within 3 days of a major top is pretty damn close Smiley. $12.16 would be the first fib resistance point about 38% whereas $15.40 is about 50% which is the next major resistance point.

I think it's likely that Wave B is over and Wave C of II has begun to the downside. As I said in the OP, I'm still holding long with the coins that I already have, but I'm not buying any more coins until they reach around the $2 level again (unless my outlook changes).

Today's action certainly looks more like a major reversal rather than YANC (yet another normal correction):
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Was the drop from $15.40 down to $10.60 part of that prediction ...
Activity: 840
well the Fibonacci ratios converge to the golden ratio so what's the point?

tbh I never understood the obsession with it, it's numerology imo.

Well, i have to disagree, and with me a big part of natural life.
Fibonacci sequence relations are very handy for space-packing, for instance.
The ratio has fractal like as it can be described as a recursive function.
Random webpage proving my point for me: http://www.maths.surrey.ac.uk/hosted-sites/R.Knott/Fibonacci/fibnat.html
I would agree on your numerology argument if it wasn't about the ratio.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Well, now that the price has gone past your $12.16 top, what do your astrological technical analysis charts say?

Elliot Wave Theory is a bunch of useless nonsense. Fibonacci numbers are just numbers. They aren't magic and they are not connected to trading or bitcoins in any way. There I said it.
I lol'd
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
I understand that wave theory presents these possible outcomes, just was wondering if there was any money-management behind the trades.

What trades?

If the original poster has stops or limits that would take them out, I'd be interested to know what price that would be.

I am long BTC without a stop and believe the B wave potential is still on the table and may present a buying opportunity in the future. I've said this several times already.

Sorry, thought the rationale for analyzing the market was for executing trades. If that isn't the case - I didn't mean to allege any trading activity.

Ah - so you are in the market. Fair enough. Just was curious if you had any limits or stops for money management. You've answered my question. Good luck.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
Well, now that the price has gone past your $12.16 top, what do your astrological technical analysis charts say?

Elliot Wave Theory is a bunch of useless nonsense. Fibonacci numbers are just numbers. They aren't magic and they are not connected to trading or bitcoins in any way. There I said it.
Shh ... people might realise that anything with any sort of volatility goes up and down ... and not like a predetermined function ...
legendary
Activity: 4298
Merit: 3209

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
what ever happened to wave addict?

is he still sending out e-mail?

yep, I just keep forgetting to post the update here.

Seem's like a good time to announce a half-price special...  You'd still be getting more fiat for your service than when you started.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

yep, I just keep forgetting to post the update here.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner

donator
I understand that wave theory presents these possible outcomes, just was wondering if there was any money-management behind the trades.

What trades?

If the original poster has stops or limits that would take them out, I'd be interested to know what price that would be.

I am long BTC without a stop and believe the B wave potential is still on the table and may present a buying opportunity in the future. I've said this several times already.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Quick question - for the original poster - at what price is your theory invalidated? (Mental or literal stop-loss?)

13.16?

14.16?

Just curious.

I'd say the "Top at 12.16" theory is roasted at around 12.17.

ROFL
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121
Quick question - for the original poster - at what price is your theory invalidated? (Mental or literal stop-loss?)

13.16?

14.16?

Just curious.

In theory, there is no actual price that invalidates the B-wave possibility. In practice, a B-wave typically retraces to 38.2%-50% Fibonacci retracement level of the preceding A-wave in a zigzag (5-3-5) corrective as opposed to around 100% in a flat (3-3-5) corrective. Now, because the move off $2 was composed of 5 waves higher within a basic channel, the flat option was invalidated leaving the zigzag. In short, if the price heads above $13.46-$17 (38.2% - 50% Fibonacci retracement off a $32-$2 A-wave), the price is likely heading above $32 in a 3rd wave. Until then, the B-wave is just as likely as a 3rd.

Also keep in mind that, if this is a B/X-wave moving higher, it doesn't necessarily need to head below $2 in a vicious C-wave after it completes before heading much higher. In a very large triangle or combinational corrective, the price could head sideways between $32 and $2 for years before finally taking off.

This.

Thanks for posting something intelligent, in contrast to all the snickering posters who don't understand enough wave theory to comprehend the nature of the idea, or the specific fact that I said it's a potential wave count with some real merit to it and not even remotely meant to be an exact forecast, especially in the short-term.

Again:
Since then we've done an even smaller a-b-c to form the B wave, which should end eventually with a nice lower high, potentially at around $12 (but there's a wide range here, I'm just making a guess based on volume).

I've lost some respect for some of the other commenters.

I understand that wave theory presents these possible outcomes, just was wondering if there was any money-management behind the trades. If the original poster has stops or limits that would take them out, I'd be interested to know what price that would be.

Thanks.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
  I think the pricing will go higher simply because of the economic collapse in Europe followed by the difficulty increase.Unless some 'tard with a lot of BTC decides to just sell a huge amount to affect the current rally.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
According to these charts the price will be going higher:

___/
Activity: 317
Merit: 250
I want the price to drop a lot so I can buy more. MOER! Smiley

Is anyone here actually buying? I am getting dizzy at these heights.
Activity: 215
Merit: 100
How come when I look at those charts I just see a bunch of made up lines having no connection to future prices. Almost all the *real money I have made on wall street has been by betting against the "experts". It is a well known fact among traders that market gurus almost never do better than random chance.
In the time I have been here I have seen countless such threads and they never pan out.   

+1
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145
The revolution will be monetized!
How come when I look at those charts I just see a bunch of made up lines having no connection to future prices. Almost all the *real money I have made on wall street has been by betting against the "experts". It is a well known fact among traders that market gurus almost never do better than random chance.
In the time I have been here I have seen countless such threads and they never pan out.   
Activity: 317
Merit: 250
August 9th was a failed push down (inverted cross doji on high volume). Since then, the price has been drifting up on relatively low volume. Unless we see volume pick up, this could be similar to a dead cat bounce. Watching cautiously.
donator

13.16?

14.16?

Just curious.

In theory, there is no actual price that invalidates the B-wave possibility. In practice, a B-wave typically retraces to 38.2%-50% Fibonacci retracement level of the preceding A-wave in a zigzag (5-3-5) corrective as opposed to around 100% in a flat (3-3-5) corrective. Now, because the move off $2 was composed of 5 waves higher within a basic channel, the flat option was invalidated leaving the zigzag. In short, if the price heads above $13.46-$17 (38.2% - 50% Fibonacci retracement off a $32-$2 A-wave), the price is likely heading above $32 in a 3rd wave. Until then, the B-wave is just as likely as a 3rd.

Also keep in mind that, if this is a B/X-wave moving higher, it doesn't necessarily need to head below $2 in a vicious C-wave after it completes before heading much higher. In a very large triangle or combinational corrective, the price could head sideways between $32 and $2 for years before finally taking off.

This.

Thanks for posting something intelligent, in contrast to all the snickering posters who don't understand enough wave theory to comprehend the nature of the idea, or the specific fact that I said it's a potential wave count with some real merit to it and not even remotely meant to be an exact forecast, especially in the short-term.

Again:
Since then we've done an even smaller a-b-c to form the B wave, which should end eventually with a nice lower high, potentially at around $12 (but there's a wide range here, I'm just making a guess based on volume).

I've lost some respect for some of the other commenters.
Pages:
Jump to: