Pages:
Author

Topic: A potential top @ $12.16: the bearish case - page 3. (Read 7630 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
A potential top @ $12.16

Last Trade  12.44

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
well the Fibonacci ratios converge to the golden ratio so what's the point?

tbh I never understood the obsession with it, it's numerology imo.
Well we'll find out pretty soon if we move beyond it.

I guess it's something like

32*(1-5/8)=12 to 32*(1-8/13)=12.3076923
or something....

numerologists  Roll Eyes
I prefer Canadianology. You double it and add thirty, eh.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
    Last price: $12.35999
    High: $12.40493
    Low: $11.92500
    Volume: 45391 BTC
    Weighted Avg: $12.18958
    Mt. Gox

Well it certainly went above $12.16 already ...

Though I guess the reality of it was that you said it was going to be $12.16 ... unless it went over $12.16 ... then just say that the new high doesn't invalidate the theory ... Tongue
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Quick question - for the original poster - at what price is your theory invalidated? (Mental or literal stop-loss?)

13.16?

14.16?

Just curious.

In theory, there is no actual price that invalidates the B-wave possibility. In practice, a B-wave typically retraces to 38.2%-50% Fibonacci retracement level of the preceding A-wave in a zigzag (5-3-5) corrective as opposed to around 100% in a flat (3-3-5) corrective. Now, because the move off $2 was composed of 5 waves higher within a basic channel, the flat option was invalidated leaving the zigzag. In short, if the price heads above $13.46-$17 (38.2% - 50% Fibonacci retracement off a $32-$2 A-wave), the price is likely heading above $32 in a 3rd wave. Until then, the B-wave is just as likely as a 3rd.

Also keep in mind that, if this is a B/X-wave moving higher, it doesn't necessarily need to head below $2 in a vicious C-wave after it completes before heading much higher. In a very large triangle or combinational corrective, the price could head sideways between $32 and $2 for years before finally taking off.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
well the Fibonacci ratios converge to the golden ratio so what's the point?

tbh I never understood the obsession with it, it's numerology imo.
Well we'll find out pretty soon if we move beyond it.

I guess it's something like

32*(1-5/8)=12 to 32*(1-8/13)=12.3076923
or something....

numerologists  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
OP said something about fib resistance levels.

So that would be $32*(1-1/phi) = 12.2229124

notice the key word...

12ish is the "fib resistance"

are we seeing any resistance right now?
legendary
OP said something about fib resistance levels.

So that would be $32*(1-1/phi) = 12.2229124
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
Quick question - for the original poster - at what price is your theory invalidated? (Mental or literal stop-loss?)

13.16?

14.16?

Just curious.

I'd say the "Top at 12.16" theory is roasted at around 12.17.
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

13.16?

14.16?

Just curious.
legendary
very graphic, but to be honest this doesn't make me wanna buy more bitcoins.

Good, I don't want you to buy bitcoins... the more you buy, the more expensive they become for me  Grin

Cool my bids will be there once you panic sell them.

Since it has to be graphic:
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

Good, I don't want you to buy bitcoins... the more you buy, the more expensive they become for me  Grin
legendary
very graphic, but to be honest this doesn't make me wanna by more bitcoins.
Actually, judging from your postings you are a real bear. And I am sure that is why you have never bought any bitcoins. They can always only go down, according to you. Wink
Actually I bought around 300 USD worth, but not recently. I am midterm bear and a longterm bull. I probably will be around longer than most people here...
aq
Activity: 238
very graphic, but to be honest this doesn't make me wanna by more bitcoins.
Actually, judging from your postings you are a real bear. And I am sure that is why you have never bought any bitcoins. They can always only go down, according to you. Wink
legendary
aq
What else can they do? They gone all in and sometimes even more than that. They bought too high and have no chance to sell back. So they are spamming like a boss in the hope someone else looses his sanity and buys in.

FTFY

Seriously the forum has been so much full of Bullish posts that this lone bear thread is almost refreshing.
And what do you think will happen with that lone bear in the middle of a very huge running bull herd? Exactly, he will be trampled to death. Makes me feel sad, because as we know, in reality this is most probably not a lone bear, but some bull in a bear costume.
legendary
What else can they do? They gone all in and sometimes even more than that. They bought too high and have no chance to sell back. So they are spamming like a boss in the hope someone else looses his sanity and buys in.

FTFY

Seriously the forum has been so much full of Bullish posts that this lone bear thread is almost refreshing.
Activity: 532
Don't know,but early this morning I saw Mtgox top out at $12:38.I think it will break $13 within the next week 1/2.
aq
Wow, bears trying to spam off and hide the massive multiple buys up to $12.17ish just now? Waiting for that wall to disappear, any hour now...
Now what else can they do? They have sold it all, and have no chance to buy back. So they are spamming like a boss, in the hope that someone will lose his sanity and sells.
Activity: 350
Wow, bears trying to spam off and hide the massive multiple buys up to $12.17ish just now? Waiting for that wall to disappear, any hour now...

Activity: 763
  • Powerful entity (e.g. a government, the UN, etc) declares explicit war against Bitcoin ...Weak hands would assume the worst and sell, true believers would hold on.  Price could fall drastically to some very low (but nonzero) amount.
If this is as "successful" as the "war on drugs", the price will not fall. What happens is, that the volume is much smaller.
Pages:
Jump to: