Pages:
Author

Topic: a society question about vegans - page 8. (Read 825 times)

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
November 05, 2019, 01:19:03 PM
Might be unpopular with vegans but if a society is going to go full vegan, there might be a need for a mass culling on the start. Bring the animals' numbers down to something manageable. Then reintroduce predators and they should keep each other in balance.

Personally my concern with domesticated species is that, well, they are domesticated. Sheep for example would grow massive mass of wool if unshorn. Cows are just plain dumb and we bred them that way, same goes for other livestock.

I like your cow idea. It's very "white elephant". Might put them into perspective.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
November 05, 2019, 07:16:43 AM
ok so the vegans dont like killing or harming of animals

so my question is. what would society look like if we did go full on hippy and not kill harm, cage, trap animals?
meaning no farms, no vets(who gonna pay the bill), no slaughter, no culling, no pest control. just leaving animals to roam free

take human population. each generation is ~20 years and most couples have ~2 kids as replacements for them.
obviously the parents have more than 20 years to live. so 2 become 4 become 6 (grandparents die4, great grandkids born6) become 6again become 8 and so on.. which as we all know causes over population in millenias from caveman times to the future

so with chickens that lay eggs far faster and in more quantity
with dogs an cats having litters of multiple offspring.

obviously with no boundaries no 'cullings' no organised killing and just left to be wild and die naturally.. and breed naturally do vegans actually realise the consequences of wanting to get rid of farming.

do vegans actually know what happens to animals if not taken care of
alot of media has provoked the attention of asian countries 'burning dogs' but what they dont address is the overpopulation of dogs due to the previous era of not controlling the population and allowing dogs to roam free.. in essense the 'roam free, live free' philosophy of groups that vegans pretend to now be before vegan was ven a word. are the very reason for the cause of such provocative media stories recently

in my view the native indians had it right. kill what you need, use every piece of what you kill and respect and control nature around you.

i would love to see vegans reaction if they were suddenly charged a farm tax to look after a cow for a full long life, cover all the vet bills, feed, cremation and such. but where the vegan doesnt get any 'product' out of the extra charge

my main point being
when looking at the damage things like british badgers/foxes.. american coyotes, racoons, australian possums and world wide rats. what would the damage be like if it was ruled out to not slaughter, not cull, not treat them as rodents/pests
Pages:
Jump to: