Pages:
Author

Topic: A Theory on what pirateat40 is doing - page 3. (Read 39920 times)

zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
August 25, 2012, 04:32:33 PM
so...

pirate payed out a few people, and hasn't said anything for 2 days?

who claims to have been paid? i call fud...

Just a few (between 1 and 11) bitcoinmax accounts.  The total is less then 700 BTC and all only a few of those 11 have been verified.  So far less then the assumed accumulated interest for one day. 

Interesting. Links to claims would be awesome if you have them.

Maybe he's buying himself some time??

That can be only smoke and mirorrs....he will never ever pay out a cent before bitlane is not assured to get his....so behind the scenes the colluding is already done ?

In any Ponzi the criminals  at the top divide the loot.....in a failed buiseness the remnants would be distributed evenly.

Cheers Zyk
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
August 25, 2012, 12:47:02 PM

Next time, please use reason and evidence(or lack thereof) in your evaluations or if you haven't learned how to do that, at least listen to people who do.

Education costs money sometimes.

Sometimes that's the only education that sticks.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
August 25, 2012, 12:27:32 PM

Next time, please use reason and evidence(or lack thereof) in your evaluations or if you haven't learned how to do that, at least listen to people who do.

Education costs money sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
August 25, 2012, 11:29:51 AM
Allow me to just quickly point out how the outcome of this escapade so far seems to perfectly coincide with the predictions I and other like me, who used reason and evidence to evaluate BS&T and what pirateat40 is really doing, predicted.

But it's ok to make a mistake and fall for the fraud as long as you manage to learn something from it and not repeat the mistake.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
August 25, 2012, 09:42:35 AM
so...

Just a few (between 1 and 11) bitcoinmax accounts.  The total is less then 700 BTC and all only a few of those 11 have been verified.  So far less then the assumed accumulated interest for one day. 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btcst-updates-latest-august-28th-616pm-est-102107

Basically this only shows the IRC chat where pirate says he paid.  I think this is more a stunt to pump up the price of pirate debt since there is very little expedience of coin movement.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1078
August 25, 2012, 06:09:28 AM
so...

Maybe he's buying himself some time??
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003
August 25, 2012, 12:19:37 AM
so...

donator
Activity: 743
Merit: 510
August 25, 2012, 12:16:31 AM
I don't get it. I didn't bet on pirates fund but why do you think he is untraceable?? Obviously if he has any intention to move such amounts of money in mtgox his real name and contact data has been verified. If MtGox refused to share such data of an pbious scammer he would be a viewed as a needed partner for the scamm to take place!
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
August 24, 2012, 10:55:36 PM
Activity: 812
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
August 24, 2012, 02:23:37 PM
so...

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
August 23, 2012, 05:04:21 PM
Someone's buying from 9.5 to 10.  Sold at 15, and buy back in between 9.5 to 10.  I say, pirate is in for some profit (minus the interest payouts)... Maybe not a big one, but he surely is in for the lulz.

He did not sell at $15 because there wasn't nearly the depth for that.

Or more specifically he didn't sell a lot at $15.00.  Even if we assume he was the only one selling last Friday.  Only ~10K BTC changed hands above $14.00.  About double that above $13.00.  Hell even if you down to $11 only about 50K BTC changed hands.

it makes no sense, why wouldn't he of let the price go higher and higher, slowly selling off all the coins?
my guess is he was doing that from 9 to 15, at 15 he had to do Something to cause panic, so he dumped
now hes keeping the price below 10$ in the hopes that once he sold off most of the coins, the market naturally will go down.

hes going to sell all the coins, causing a bearish market for a few weeks, which could cause some panic selling too..
but his target of 7.50 is unreasonable and will never be reached.
no way in hell will the ask depth be their when he wants to buy back.

he ends up with $ profits not BTC

500,000$  < 50,000BTC, even if the price is 8$

Anyone can see charts and volume. Whoever was selling large amounts on that big dump at best got 12$ average. There is no way all the coins can be bought back  below that. Once the market senses the blood it will not let wounded player off the hook.

Huge tankers can not ride circles around small tug boats, it is just how it works. Huge players cannot sell big on open market and then buy big and stay in profit. They can only push profitably in one direction and move slow and steady.

That charts shows an irrational player panicking.

+21,000,000
-
August 23, 2012, 04:55:37 PM
Anyone can see charts and volume. Whoever was selling large amounts on that big dump at best got 12$ average. There is no way all the coins can be bought back  below that. Once the market senses the blood it will not let wounded player off the hook.

Huge tankers can not ride circles around small tug boats, it is just how it works. Huge players cannot sell big on open market and then buy big and stay in profit. They can only push profitably in one direction and move slow and steady.

That charts shows an irrational player panicking.

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
August 23, 2012, 04:49:22 PM
Someone's buying from 9.5 to 10.  Sold at 15, and buy back in between 9.5 to 10.  I say, pirate is in for some profit (minus the interest payouts)... Maybe not a big one, but he surely is in for the lulz.

Or more specifically he didn't sell a lot at $15.00.  Even if we assume he was the only one selling last Friday.  Only ~10K BTC changed hands above $14.00.  About double that above $13.00.  Hell even if you down to $11 only about 50K BTC changed hands.
anu
legendary
Activity: 1218
RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
August 23, 2012, 04:44:37 PM
Someone's buying from 9.5 to 10.  Sold at 15, and buy back in between 9.5 to 10.  I say, pirate is in for some profit (minus the interest payouts)... Maybe not a big one, but he surely is in for the lulz.

Activity: 372
August 22, 2012, 12:32:25 PM
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
August 22, 2012, 12:16:32 PM
i think Pirate pays back....after he bought all the btcst accounts for pennys on the dollar throu puppets after he generated even more panic under his "investors"

Its a bad but smart idea to get rich Smiley

Only until one or more "investors" lawyer up and/or press criminal charges.

Even if it's a scam, it was marketed as a loan (his post IS in the lending section, not securities: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-savings-and-trust-home-closed-50822). You can't be charged criminally in the US for not repaying one.

So then, you have to sue whoever pirateat40 is. Can you prove who he is to a judge? Good luck with that.

umm, i sure hope you're trolling.

The name alone proves your little idea wrong. Bitcoin Savings and Trust.. And Pirate directly has stated it as being a FUND from the onset of acquiring what you would wish to term as 'loans'.
Activity: 434
August 22, 2012, 11:09:59 AM
i think Pirate pays back....after he bought all the btcst accounts for pennys on the dollar throu puppets after he generated even more panic under his "investors"

Even if it's a scam, it was marketed as a loan (his post IS in the lending section, not securities: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-savings-and-trust-home-closed-50822). You can't be charged criminally in the US for not repaying one.

So then, you have to sue whoever pirateat40 is. Can you prove who he is to a judge? Good luck with that.
Activity: 727
Merit: 500
August 21, 2012, 06:25:15 PM
I do not know about pirate, but BTCTS passthrough at GLBSE has already defaulted:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/p-82573

-
August 21, 2012, 05:53:50 PM

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
August 21, 2012, 05:43:37 PM

Pages:
Jump to: