Pages:
Author

Topic: A Theory on what pirateat40 is doing - page 4. (Read 39956 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
August 20, 2012, 09:04:16 AM
He didn't sell to me as I made a ridicuilsly low offer; however if he thought that pirate wasn't going to payback then my 175 goxUSD was better than nothing.

I also suspect the legitimacy of the ss, but never got to the point to very of wi paybtc.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
August 20, 2012, 08:58:15 AM
did the deal then take place or are they still owned by the one candoo or yup or whoever has paid them in?

mind to clarify please yup.candoo:-)
Activity: 504
August 20, 2012, 03:02:08 AM
In god we trust!!

Hope to get back all my coins ASAP

wasn´t it you who sold them already for 30 cents on the dollar to yup?
he is yup.
zyk
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
August 19, 2012, 11:43:13 PM
In god we trust!!

wasn´t it you who sold them already for 30 cents on the dollar to yup?
Activity: 602
Vertrau in Gott
August 19, 2012, 08:35:17 PM
In god we trust!!

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
August 19, 2012, 08:34:01 PM
I will say this again:

All of these PPT's and interest earning "schemes" that are going on will likely not end pretty.

Someone will get burned and will lose big time in their bitcoin investment.

And the funny thing is people on this forum are so willing to send their bitcoins to said-operator of the "scheme" with no signed contract/paperwork.

Mark my words, someone will get burned. Roll Eyes

They are kind of preselected for that.
All these get rich schemes and scams are causing me to drop some forum topics.
zvs
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000
https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com
August 19, 2012, 08:32:58 PM
i spent the $20.32 i had in gox on a market order with ask @ $7.75, commencing this dead cat bounce
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
August 19, 2012, 08:27:56 PM
I can guarantee however that not one coin of interest will be the result of any criminal activity.

That says quite a bit right there... 
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
August 16, 2012, 10:39:09 PM
I will say this again:

All of these PPT's and interest earning "schemes" that are going on will likely not end pretty.

And the funny thing is people on this forum are so willing to send their bitcoins to said-operator of the "scheme" with no signed contract/paperwork.

Great, now continue repeating it, until you start to believe it yourself Cheesy

it did work for me. i now believe in it!  Roll Eyes

here's that link you asked for back on some other thread:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1078140
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 16, 2012, 10:20:29 PM
I will say this again:

LOL and why would I not believe it?

I have 0..i repeat...0 bitcoins with any PPT or other "scheme".

Can you say that same?
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
August 16, 2012, 05:49:42 PM
I will say this again:

it did work for me. i now believe in it!  Roll Eyes
zby
legendary
Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001
August 16, 2012, 05:48:35 PM
I will say this again:

They are kind of preselected for that.
aq
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
August 16, 2012, 05:44:45 PM
I will say this again:

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 16, 2012, 05:40:49 PM
I will say this again:

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523
August 16, 2012, 09:44:46 AM
Or it could be that both moves were his to get him "the weekend off" by slowing everything down a bit
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
August 16, 2012, 09:19:06 AM
Anybody know what happened to MtGox's dark pool book after it ceased operating? Gosh, I wonder.
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
August 16, 2012, 06:21:55 AM
Is it possible that having all this HYIP activity might be driving up the price of bitcoins?

There's another thread about this exact same topic with a title along the lines of "The current bubble is a Pirate bubble."  Personally, I agree but I don't have anything to back it up other than speculation.

Could it be that Pirate, or the powers behind pirate, have a few million bitcoins, or maybe more than a few millions, and hit upon the idea of giving some of them away as "interest" as a way to increase interest in bitcoins and actually drive up the price of them as more and more people buy some in order to get in on these high "interest" rates?

This is a cool idea but it still doesn't beat just opening a business or investing in a business.  In the plan you've described he can come out ahead but only because the value of the BTC he didn't give away as interest increased.  If he started a BTC business not only would the BTC price go up from increasing the BTC economy but he'd be able to make back the BTC he gave away/invested.

make over 7%

I think I've found the flaw in your plan.  I'm not saying earning 7% a week is impossible but it's pretty hard.  You've still got to handle temporary swings in supply and demand.  Pirate's never (until yesterday!) fiddled with the interest rates to account for these short-term swings (something a legitimate business would have done often, probably every week or day).  Finally, his debt is denominated in Bitcoins and the price has doubled in the past three months.  That means he's got to bring in more and more new business just to pay the interest for a constant amount of customers.  His customer base hasn't been constant, though - it's been rapidly increasing.  No business can run with this terrible of an outlook so Pirate gets around those limitations by running a Ponzi.
legendary
Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000
August 16, 2012, 05:31:16 AM
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
August 16, 2012, 05:27:55 AM
his would be dump, turned into a rally

pirate40 must be shitting bricks!

Pages: