Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 33. (Read 73496 times)

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 21, 2018, 06:47:02 PM
So came across an article that mentioned the CLE 215+. So judging by peoples experiences, should i hold off or pre-ordering one?

Try reading the thread.
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
October 21, 2018, 06:45:21 PM
So came across an article that mentioned the CLE 215+. So judging by peoples experiences, should i hold off or pre-ordering one?
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
October 21, 2018, 06:44:50 PM
"us people" are the ones not losing our ass in scams either.

I'll take that.

there's three separate threads here involving some kind of FPGA group buy, and they are all gigantic train wrecks.

This is not a scam as of today.  So don’t call it a scam.

I truly expect to be refunded next week.

Do you read discord if you did you would not post it as a scam.

What I will say it has been less then desired in terms of running it.

I truly do think they will deliver the gear and make the refunds no later then Veterans Day .
Activity: 367
Merit: 34
October 21, 2018, 06:01:52 PM
"us people" are the ones not losing our ass in scams either.

I'll take that.

there's three separate threads here involving some kind of FPGA group buy, and they are all gigantic train wrecks.
Activity: 8
October 21, 2018, 05:56:56 PM
how long untit the CC chargebacks start?

They never accepted credit card... Shows how informed you are.

more like shows how smart everyone else is for buying something without basic buyer protections.

Almost like the invaluable insight that can only come from someone that didn't order the product and knows nothing about it but somehow feels the need to post anyway. Simply priceless...

ive been following this from the beginning bruv. There's a reason i never bought into this. 1) that it didnt seem much use for ETH mining (or too expensive to be worth it), and 2) no CC buy option.

it's obvious that my sarcasm in the my first post went over your and Jocoloko's heads.

THIS IS WHY YOU DONT BUY SHIT WITH CRYPTO. If you had a CC buy option, you can do a chargeback as a last ditch effort when the totally trustworthy guys give you the runaround when you want your money back.

Christ, people. PT Barnum was right.

Everyone in crypto is preaching adoption and actual real-world use, yet when it comes to it you people want to hide behind your credit cards so you can charge back when shit goes south. People were emailed and asked to confirm if they still wanted their products or a refund. This isn't a scam its just the hardware industry being itself with all the delays as usual.
October 21, 2018, 05:43:17 PM

more like shows how smart everyone else is for buying something without basic buyer protections.

Almost like the invaluable insight that can only come from someone that didn't order the product and knows nothing about it but somehow feels the need to post anyway. Simply priceless...

ive been following this from the beginning bruv. There's a reason i never bought into this. 1) that it didnt seem much use for ETH mining (or too expensive to be worth it), and 2) no CC buy option.

it's obvious that my sarcasm in the my first post went over your and Jocoloko's heads.

THIS IS WHY YOU DONT BUY SHIT WITH CRYPTO. If you had a CC buy option, you can do a chargeback as a last ditch effort when the totally trustworthy guys give you the runaround when you want your money back.

Christ, people. PT Barnum was right.
Activity: 20
October 21, 2018, 04:24:20 PM

October 21, 2018, 03:34:12 PM

Activity: 8
October 21, 2018, 03:31:03 PM

October 21, 2018, 12:40:45 PM
legendary
October 20, 2018, 06:11:21 PM
It would be nice if someone at Squirrel Research even acknowledge us, tell us our refunds are on the way and for Acorns are coming out for the people that waited.

I go to discord  every day and thursday we were told squirrel refunds should happen the week of Oct 22- Oct 26th.

I can say both of my orders are marked paid and there is zero evidence on the squirrels website that I asked for a refund.
I did do multiple screen shots as I filled in the request of the refund.
So I have evidence on my pc that I asked for a refund.
No acknowledgment that I sent a survey in was ever sent to me.
So I will wait and see what they do.

Activity: 73
Merit: 2
October 20, 2018, 05:57:46 PM
It would be nice if someone at Squirrel Research even acknowledge us, tell us our refunds are on the way and for Acorns are coming out for the people that waited.
legendary
October 20, 2018, 03:39:15 PM
"Hey Rick, it seems false to me! I've Got a Buddy Who's an Expert in Acorn" cit.  But is a scam?

It is simple enough if the Acorns  do not get delivered and no refunds are issued to those that were allowed to apply for refunds then it will be a scam.

If the gear sent to Europe and already pre paid vat is charged again then those buyers would need a refund for the 2x vat if not it will be a scam.

For now as of today it has not been determined what will happen here.

But I certainly won't send in more orders.
Activity: 813
Merit: 65
October 20, 2018, 12:57:29 PM
"Hey Rick, it seems false to me! I've Got a Buddy Who's an Expert in Acorn" cit.  But is a scam?
legendary
October 15, 2018, 11:22:45 PM
Monday the 15th which I would have liked to think was a shot at a refund.  Since it is a weekend beyond the 11th cutoff date.

I was not refunded

Recent Orders View All
Recent Orders
Order #   Date   Ship To   Order Total   Status   Action

000000482   7/13/18   PHILIP A......   $446.50   Paid   View Order

000000475   7/13/18   PHILIP A.......   $1,244.59   Canceled   View Order
000000394   7/13/18   PHILIP A.......   $446.50   Canceled   View Order

000001601   7/13/18   PHILIP A........   $344.74   Paid   View Order

000000354   7/13/18   PHILIP A.........   $343.86   Canceled   View Order

the only orders ever made and paid for   Are  in bold type above.

those bold type ones were about 0.130 btc
and I have no refund for them.

As of today  no one has shown working gear in their possession.
No on has show proof of refund.

A few emails save some hosting gear has shipped to a hoster.  

I really wanted to think this would work out better then it has.

So far the best thing that happened for me is order system worked very poorly  preventing most of my orders  from taking place.

I will not post an update until this friday.  Unless I am refunded.
legendary
October 13, 2018, 10:01:45 AM
There were some comments about international shipping that I didn't see get answered.  Basically stating that paying the VAT was shady.  This is perfectly acceptable albeit not typical.  It is called DDP or deliver duties paid.  This puts the responsibility of the duty calculation and charges on the shipper which is why many companies do not send this way.  If they miscalculate, they will get a bill for the difference. 

The method more often used would be DAP (delivered at place, and formerly known as DDU or deliver duties unpaid).  This is what many people are used to and it puts the responsibility to pay duties on the buyer only.

Sending DDP is not an indication of anything shady. 

These are just two of the more common terms for small parcels and LTL freight.  There are many terms outlined. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incoterms

if they paid the vat.  no one knows if they paid it or said they paid it.  so far no one has received the gear.

Now when a European  buyer gets one and says I prepaid vat and have not been charged a second time then you would be fully correct.

At the moment you are hopefully correct.  To anyone that paid prepaid euro vat for the gear.  please  make lots of copies of all the paperwork you have.

as of today my 2 orders are marked paid not shipped not refunded not cancelled.

I will update on and off at least once a week. Until  they refund or ship it.
Activity: 4
October 11, 2018, 12:06:26 PM
There were some comments about international shipping that I didn't see get answered.  Basically stating that paying the VAT was shady.  This is perfectly acceptable albeit not typical.  It is called DDP or deliver duties paid.  This puts the responsibility of the duty calculation and charges on the shipper which is why many companies do not send this way.  If they miscalculate, they will get a bill for the difference. 

The method more often used would be DAP (delivered at place, and formerly known as DDU or deliver duties unpaid).  This is what many people are used to and it puts the responsibility to pay duties on the buyer only.

Sending DDP is not an indication of anything shady. 

These are just two of the more common terms for small parcels and LTL freight.  There are many terms outlined. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incoterms
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 11, 2018, 10:49:15 AM
They banned me from the discord channel bc I wanted to trade an 8 GPU 1070ti rig for a bcu1525. This upset them and they banned me. I see a lot of people wanting refunds I was trying to help out

Thats not a good enough reason to ban someone.
They need an attitude adjustment whoever moderate the discord channel.

Hence why I called the place a circle jerk, that and reddit you get modded away for dissenting non koolaid drinking views.
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
October 11, 2018, 10:41:37 AM
They banned me from the discord channel bc I wanted to trade an 8 GPU 1070ti rig for a bcu1525. This upset them and they banned me. I see a lot of people wanting refunds I was trying to help out

Thats not a good enough reason to ban someone.
They need an attitude adjustment whoever moderate the discord channel.
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
October 11, 2018, 08:21:06 AM
the survey ends on the 11th  so maybe some action happens on the 11th or 12th

it is not realistic to think they will rush to refund us.

But I think they are honest people.

I just dream of a day when I will not have to visit Discord for updates. This project is indeed severely mismanaged and GPUHoarder is running to new ideas before he really finishes one project. I will not be buying anything from him because he does not really care about ROI and things like that. He is not a realist. I do not want be in a constant update mode. I would rather quit mining completely
Pages:
Jump to: