Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 36. (Read 73496 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
October 01, 2018, 10:27:51 PM
He does not have to post here.

I am on the hook for 2  x 215+ and 1 nest x2g

about 790 usd.

I do expect it before Oct 31st.

and even if it works I no longer expect it to have much value.

It is over 60 days late. the only way it ends up to be okay is if coins rally like a mofo.

I could have purchase 2 amd vega 56's today for 800 they would come in 3 days with 3 year warranty.

poor choice on my part but at least it was not much gear.
Activity: 531
Merit: 29
October 01, 2018, 06:16:53 PM
Join the discord there is updated news about it :-)

There is ZERO reason anyone should have to join discord for updates, this thread started here and should be kept up to date.

This information all existed in the discord but I wanted to share it with everyone.

So we’ve developed an FPGA accelerator over the past few months in M.2 (same as nVME drives) form factor designed to operate both standalone and in conjunction with GPUs....

- David

I can understand being disappointed and not wanting to deal with adversity but not communicating is a scammy tactic, and is what gets people speculating the worst.

I agree 100% with you. GPUHoarder start this thread, he should update here, not only on discord.

Yeah, discord is quite difficult to read through compared to a conventional forum.
Activity: 490
Merit: 38
October 01, 2018, 05:33:55 PM

There is ZERO reason anyone should have to join discord for updates, this thread started here and should be kept up to date.

This information all existed in the discord but I wanted to share it with everyone.

So we’ve developed an FPGA accelerator over the past few months in M.2 (same as nVME drives) form factor designed to operate both standalone and in conjunction with GPUs....

- David

I can understand being disappointed and not wanting to deal with adversity but not communicating is a scammy tactic, and is what gets people speculating the worst.

I agree 100% with you. GPUHoarder start this thread, he should update here, not only on discord.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 01, 2018, 03:41:55 PM

- David

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
October 01, 2018, 12:51:45 PM
We'll see ! We need some patience since it's a brand new hardware project. They are kind make it available to anyone since the internal test phase. Some company (Bitman *cough* *cough*) it out before the Sale lol.
legendary
October 01, 2018, 12:24:27 PM

there is no info with any committed date to ship the acorns

there is a suggestion that they will be shipped before Halloweend or the end of October.

gpu_hoarder makes mention of taking a vacation at the end of october.  when most of the gear will be shipped.

BTW this is how I read and  translate it.  I could be wrong.
October 01, 2018, 10:22:42 AM
legendary
October 01, 2018, 10:17:11 AM
August did not ship September did not ship.

No date for shipping has been given for any shipment.

I like to say before Halloween but I am simply guessing cause I like going to fright fest at six flags great adventure.

The reality is I have zero info on it when it will ship.

So I like to say before Halloween.

If they miss that date I will then say before Veterans Day nov 11th.

If they miss that date I will say before thanksgiving.

If they miss that date I will say before Christmas.

If they miss that date I will say before New Years .
Activity: 490
Merit: 38
October 01, 2018, 06:51:04 AM
September batch already are comming home or not yet?
legendary
September 29, 2018, 07:00:55 PM
When I get my 2  acorn 215+ and my one nest .

I will review it.

Looking forward to it. Smiley

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
September 28, 2018, 12:10:35 PM
There folks from Squirrels Research are on Discord communicating with us daily. If you want frequent updates or just more information in general, then you need to join the Discord server.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/450695165946888202/492837772005081089/image0.jpg?width=1024&height=1364

looks pretty cool Cheesy
Activity: 101
Merit: 1
September 28, 2018, 09:48:43 AM
Can someone send me the discord link please ?
Activity: 135
Merit: 11
September 25, 2018, 11:15:29 PM
From the SQRL Update channel on Discord for those that do not follow. Dated 9/24.

GPUHoarderYesterday at 9:56 AM
Acorn Update: We still have not received our fans and heatsinks for final assembly, other than one tray of samples. We were able to confirm they shipped and are in customs, but have only been given a typical time it takes for them to clear. We have located a source for the Nest chips Broadcom wasn’t able to provide as ordered, and expect those to arrive this week to begin assembly. As soon as completed units are available we will begin shipping. At this time the supplier estimates we received have been inaccurate, so I can’t provide an exact date until components are all in our hands. Thank you for your patience.
Activity: 558
Merit: 194
September 25, 2018, 08:00:02 PM
yeah they abandoned this thread pretty much .

No hard dates on discord but some photos and posts

do show up once in a while.

Whats so hard about dropping an update in this thread once a week?

Or on their own website, or send something out to those who signed up for updates, or those who have already purchased but have not heard a peep since we were told shipping would take place mid September.  I know shit happens and dates slip, but do take like the 5 minutes to provide an update, say every 15 days past your expected target dates.  This is like customer service 101.
legendary
September 25, 2018, 07:33:43 PM
When I get my 2  acorn 215+ and my one nest .

I will review it.

Activity: 106
September 25, 2018, 07:27:09 PM

agree.

reviews awaiting so i can buy 8 ty.
legendary
September 25, 2018, 07:03:09 PM

Activity: 340
Merit: 15
September 25, 2018, 06:43:26 PM
https://twitter.com/OhGodAGirl/status/1044616457965817856

Shows an acorn on an extender but no fan or heatsink yet on these. Sad
Pages:
Jump to: