Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 37. (Read 73496 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
September 22, 2018, 03:30:02 PM
yeah they abandoned this thread pretty much .

No hard dates on discord but some photos and posts

do show up once in a while.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
September 22, 2018, 03:13:38 PM
There folks from Squirrels Research are on Discord communicating with us daily. If you want frequent updates or just more information in general, then you need to join the Discord server.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/450695165946888202/492837772005081089/image0.jpg?width=1024&height=1364

Activity: 69
Merit: 1
September 22, 2018, 02:13:25 PM
I placed an order for a pair of 215+'s back on 7/13 (order #290).

On 9/1 I received an email about August orders being delayed until mid September.

http://squirrelsresearch.com/preorder-update/

That was 21 days ago.  No updates since, no new updates on their web site either.

Has there been anything on Discord?

Really? not yet? man I'm waiting first ship to make my purchase, this dev team are amazing, but not professional.

I really do hope this doesn't turn out to be a scam in the end. I've had my doubts about these squirrels but so far they have presented a communicative and professional front. As to why there is suddenly no updates is really disturbing.

I hope you guys get some updates soon.

There have been a ton of updates..... go to the discord
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
September 22, 2018, 11:33:17 AM

On 9/1 I received an email about August orders being delayed until mid September.

That was 21 days ago.  No updates since, no new updates on their web site either.

Really? not yet? man I'm waiting first ship to make my purchase, this dev team are amazing, but not professional.

I really do hope this doesn't turn out to be a scam in the end. I've had my doubts about these squirrels but so far they have presented a communicative and professional front. As to why there is suddenly no updates is really disturbing.

I hope you guys get some updates soon.
Activity: 106
Merit: 0
September 22, 2018, 10:50:07 AM
pretty sure everyone is waiting on first order wave.
you can't trust no one. no matter what projects they been involved in.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
September 22, 2018, 09:07:40 AM

It’s those reasons outlined in his link that this system will fail. Certain parts can be hoarded. Again how can this ever be decentralized when those with the money already have the systems in place to take this over. (Supply manufacturers)  Naive group for being the best of the best.  I’m just trying to help ya see just a little flicker of light to where this will head. BR
Activity: 490
Merit: 38
September 22, 2018, 08:49:29 AM

Activity: 558
Merit: 194
September 22, 2018, 08:36:00 AM

Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
September 20, 2018, 10:56:20 PM
I just stumbled across this.  I can't wait to pick a couple of the M2 boards up and test them out.  It's great to see people trying out new things in cryptospace.  Now if prices start to go back up again that would be great.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
September 15, 2018, 08:09:14 AM
What more than likely ruins it for most I know it does for me is the slow down that happens once huge breakthroughs occur.  Soon as that happens companies go into profit mode.  How can I maximize my profits.  Then we see small upgrades that last ten years when we could have went straight to the breakthrough.  This monetization of everything is what ruins it.  We are never allowed to go at our speed.  Money always holds us back. Whether you see it or not.Direct or indirect it’s always rearing its ugly head.

BR
Activity: 68
Merit: 4
September 14, 2018, 08:53:04 PM
To be honest with you, I past the stage of really expecting to learn anything new, as far as hardware is concerned. I retired in 2017 from a high-tech job and I indeed am mostly interested in earning easy money. I am just investing and trading stocks now and although I will play a bit with Acorn or an FPGA, I do not expect to do any real (programming) work. The fascination with technology is slowly becoming the thing of the past for me. I simply do not have time for it.

To be hornest with you, for me it will most likely also sit on the shelf collecting dust half a year, untill i get the time to write something cool during the winter months, like an java accelerator or soemthing else like that on it.
But i sure hope I will never stop being facinated by new hardware Cheesy
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
September 14, 2018, 04:36:26 PM
They stopped providing any updates in Discord either. There are no updates. As a matter of fact, with the current crypto market, it became irrelevant. Time to accept the reality.

When you say it like that it sounds like you joined crypto in late 2017, just to make some ez money.

The reality is that we will first see a bounce again near the next btc halving i said this for a long time, 1-2 months ago i was in the mineyourbiz discord and ppl was still buying gpu's, and i told them be carefull, you buying gpu's means we didnt hit the bottom yet.

Im still waiting for my acorn but it will most likely never mine anything, but be used as base for learning vhdl. You always buy stuff like this with a second plan, thats why i never been a fan of asics there is only 1 use.

To be honest with you, I past the stage of really expecting to learn anything new, as far as hardware is concerned. I retired in 2017 from a high-tech job and I indeed am mostly interested in earning easy money. I am just investing and trading stocks now and although I will play a bit with Acorn or an FPGA, I do not expect to do any real (programming) work. The fascination with technology is slowly becoming the thing of the past for me. I simply do not have time for it.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
September 13, 2018, 10:04:37 AM
They stopped providing any updates in Discord either. There are no updates. As a matter of fact, with the current crypto market, it became irrelevant. Time to accept the reality.

When you say it like that it sounds like you joined crypto in late 2017, just to make some ez money.

The reality is that we will first see a bounce again near the next btc halving i said this for a long time, 1-2 months ago i was in the mineyourbiz discord and ppl was still buying gpu's, and i told them be carefull, you buying gpu's means we didnt hit the bottom yet.

Im still waiting for my acorn but it will most likely never mine anything, but be used as base for learning vhdl. You always buy stuff like this with a second plan, thats why i never been a fan of asics there is only 1 use.

Smart man. Those without backup plans are the ones you hear crying all day on BCT. Cheesy
Activity: 80
Merit: 13
September 13, 2018, 07:57:09 AM
They probably have just been mining on everyone's preordered hardware and made up the "delay" to make some extra money.
dude, you're comparing them to bitmain, the company that produces 100x speed mining ASIC machines, then it makes sense to keep the hardware to mine with it while everybody is still mining with a 1x speed GPU (thus making fraudulently loads of money, using very low difficulty) with the ACORN though, do you mean they keep a 200USD (at least) item that will give them once used another 30 cents/day mining eth or whatever crap?
hell, look around you , they even create false /fake coins to create demands for their mining ASICS. Don't compare anything to "Bitmain" they are the biggest fraud in the mining/crypto space.
Do use math first before you speak i'd suggest.
Activity: 68
Merit: 4
September 13, 2018, 05:27:10 AM

Activity: 173
Merit: 2
September 12, 2018, 09:53:34 AM

what kinda hashes we talking?

Its exact posts like these that have stopped the dev from providing regular updates to this thread.

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
September 12, 2018, 08:40:03 AM
The Acorns are billed as accelerators in the main, so that wouldn't work so well.

i believe there is or was talk of at least one of them (the 215+ ?), may be able to mine on its own on some algo or another. but yes acorns are primarily a gpu accelerator.

ive ordered some but not really paid much attention in their discord channel.
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
September 12, 2018, 07:53:23 AM
They probably have just been mining on everyone's preordered hardware and made up the "delay" to make some extra money.
The Acorns are billed as accelerators in the main, so that wouldn't work so well.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
September 12, 2018, 02:17:50 AM
Activity: 583
Merit: 106
September 11, 2018, 03:32:26 PM

what kinda hashes we talking?

Its exact posts like these that have stopped the dev from providing regular updates to this thread.

and slowly became a spam like project (even if it is not)??  There is no such thing to abandon a thread of an active cryptominer on BCTalk. A minimum would be to edit first post and let everyone know to follow their discord.
Pages:
Jump to: