Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 49. (Read 73496 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 5
July 19, 2018, 09:36:46 AM
Well, I took a leap of faith that (GPU Hoarder) and the SQRL Research team will come through.
I would buy a standalone FPGA but at $2000 +, I can't afford to right now. I noticed though on the SQRL Mineority site they do offer the Standalone FPGA for around $3000 when that wasn't there before. I believe that the technological growth due to Crypto mining, will open doors for more DEV's and engineers to bring more software and new hardware that can improve, not just mining, but many technology sectors. However, we will have to wait and see. I wonder if the SQRL miner software will come with each Acorn FPGA, or if we need to reconfigure them, what software to use? That I will have to learn, but in due time, I am interested in the overall idea and package so just going to roll the dice. It wasn't hard for me to check out, nor did it take long to get confirmations, but that may be because people before me had such a hard time, they might have worked out some of the kinks in the ordering process. That doesn't mean you won't experience any, but just know this is a risk you are taking. You just need to figure out if it is a risk you feel is worth taking or not. Good Luck

Activity: 489
Merit: 253
July 19, 2018, 05:17:52 AM
Some people from Germany here who want to buy Acorns?
Maybe we could do a "Sammelbestellung" to save shipping costs  Smiley

They will refund buyers on a portion of the high shipping fees once they sort it all out

But it's still 75 $ at the moment.
Plus import tax...

You can wait until they fix shipping prices in a week or so, and hope they dont sell out.
Activity: 132
Merit: 10
July 19, 2018, 12:10:05 AM
Hi folks..

Is there any kind of proof of this? video? review? benchmark? ..at least a picture / screenshot?
Activity: 155
Merit: 14
July 19, 2018, 12:01:07 AM

They will refund buyers on a portion of the high shipping fees once they sort it all out

But it's still 75 $ at the moment.
Plus import tax...
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
July 18, 2018, 11:53:16 PM

Activity: 155
Merit: 14
July 18, 2018, 11:42:11 PM
Maybe we could do a "Sammelbestellung" to save shipping costs  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
July 18, 2018, 04:44:49 PM
well my order is still not corrected  paid for but marked cancelled

I was able to find a good deal on some rx 560's  but  I won't buy a dozen  only 1  due to the order below not  being corrected.

see below  note the blue high lighting

Any particular reason to chose the RX560's Phil?  You haven't gotten any updates from gpuhoarder on getting this mess fixed?  Looks like the order system is chaos at squirrels.

I found a deal 99 bucks for a new rx 560

I got this email

Re: [#200409] Re: Your SQRL order confirmation
Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:00 PM
"Squirrels Research Hardware" <[email protected]>
To:
phil...........hoo.com
Hi Philip,

I'm happy to help and thanks for your patience. We looked up your order number and see that it is in fact canceled. We will look into getting this canceled purchase reversed and you will not lose your spot in line. We will reach out when we have a solution to correct this. Thanks again for your patience and we will reach out when we can get this reversed and provide further instructions if needed.

Best,
Beau H.
Senior Support Analyst
@AirParrot | @ReflectorApp | @TryDitto

On Fri, Jul 13 at 8:47 PM , PHILIP A......... wrote:
I know you are busy today. I had difficulty getting orders done and paid with coin payments. I did get one order in and it has been paid so I hope it will simply be marked paid. and not canceled.. This is order number 000000482 and as of now it is marked canceled.

Pdf have been attached

I am sorry for the confusion but coin payments was very difficult to work with.

Thanks again,

Philip A.........

--------------------------------------------
On Fri, 7/13/18, Squirrels Research Hardware <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Ticket Received - [#200409] Re: Your SQRL order confirmation
To: philip.......o.com
Date: Friday, July 13, 2018, 6:37 PM

Dear PHILIP A...........,

Thank you for
contacting our support team. You should receive a reply from
one of our support representatives soon! We strive to answer
all emails within 24 hours if possible. At peak times, our
response may be a little slower, but stick with us! We will
get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, many problems
can be easily resolved. Check our knowledge base for answers
to common questions! http://help.airsquirrels.com

If you need your license key resent,
please visit https://store.airsquirrels.com/license-key-lookup/.

To view the status of the ticket (Ticket
# 200409) or add
comments, please visit
http://help.airsquirrels.com/helpdesk/tickets/200409

Thank you for your

patience.

Sincerely,
Squirrels LLC
Team

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
July 18, 2018, 03:05:30 PM

I was able to find a good deal on some rx 560's  but  I won't buy a dozen  only 1  due to the order below not  being corrected.

Any particular reason to chose the RX560's Phil?  You haven't gotten any updates from gpuhoarder on getting this mess fixed?  Looks like the order system is chaos at squirrels.
legendary
July 18, 2018, 07:55:16 AM

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
July 18, 2018, 06:07:59 AM
What a useless crap! You better buy another GPU.

feel free to do so.

i am after power efficiency. acorns allow higher hashrate with a slight increase in power consumption. it should extend the useful life of my existing cards.

seems a no brainer to me. but of course we will have to wait and see what actual numbers we get on the various hardware and algos. yes ive sen the charts but i always take those with a grain of salt. my hash numbers and killowatt will tell the real tale.

i have a 101, two 215+ and a 2x nest coming, for a 7 card rig.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
July 18, 2018, 06:07:49 AM
Could a NestX2G be plugged into the M.2 slot?
My mining mobos' PCIe slots are all full.
-.-

EDIT: I'm also still waiting on Acorn CLE-101 load figures for CNv1 and Ethash. I'd like to know how many GPUs one Acorn could boost (and at what rate). We only have a meaningless approximation on the SQRL website currently.
Activity: 68
Merit: 4
July 18, 2018, 05:37:50 AM

In some situations you get a 3x boost with the acorn another gpu would give you 1x boost, and at a massive power use, the acorn use 15W, im sorry to say it but I thnk youre to dumb to see the advantages here.
This definately aint for your standard newbie miner that dont know shit about the inner workings.

I hear the resale agurement a lot, well guess what noone wana buy your shitty gpu's with fans sounding like they are about to die.
You might offload some of them to some idiots that dont know shit, but then youre a shady person.
I see more resale/reuse potential in the acorn, its a xilinx fpga with quite fast a pcie bus, you can reprogram it to do whatever you want, accelerating all kinds of shit. Be that video encoder, data processing, bruteforcing, you name it.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
July 18, 2018, 12:31:08 AM
July 17, 2018, 06:36:02 PM
More excitement at 45:00 about the Nest X2G. Selfcontained 2xAcorn+4xGPU unit with no work going to the rest of the system (unsure if the PCI switch will expand on the max 13 video cards on a system, or how many lines the Nest X2G needs from the PCI slot? Apparenty 2.0 X8 (1:05:00).

It was refering to the whole NestX2G thing, if youre fine with a 1:2 ratio its the shit man.

Like ive said before, and the talk about this dma bus just confirms it, the nestx2g most likely only need x1, if you just use it to boost its onboard gpu's. Since the data comming in and out to the nestx2g to/from the motherboard will just be work and shares.

The data is most likely so small going from the nestx2g in such setup that you could put 3-4 on a switch, add 12-16 gpu's on them, and then run the whole shit with some shitty soc that has a pcie lane. Depending it can run that manny gpu.

The ideas is endless man, what if you skipped the driver and talked directly with the gpu's, so the host computer didnt even need to know the gpu's were on the nest x2g, that would be cool, hint no limits on gpu's Wink
Activity: 94
Merit: 1
July 17, 2018, 05:37:59 PM
More excitement at 45:00 about the Nest X2G. Selfcontained 2xAcorn+4xGPU unit with no work going to the rest of the system (unsure if the PCI switch will expand on the max 13 video cards on a system, or how many lines the Nest X2G needs from the PCI slot? Apparenty 2.0 X8 (1:05:00).
July 17, 2018, 05:19:32 PM
If you didn't see this already, they go into some good detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6el5_IW3pg

go to about the 32 min mark..

43:30 This is what im exited about too man Wink

"Without having to go back to the system cpu AT ALL"
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
July 17, 2018, 04:32:22 PM
If you didn't see this already, they go into some good detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6el5_IW3pg

go to about the 32 min mark..
legendary
July 17, 2018, 04:10:01 PM
I am curious about drivers for these devices - is there any available to download see at all?
Will it be pretty much plug and play or will it need some nerd set mind?

it should be okay to load

http://squirrelsresearch.com/sqrl-miner/

this seems to be it above.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
July 17, 2018, 01:43:39 PM
I drive for Rush-Delivery.com. We have offices based in Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati. If there is anything we can do to help with the shipping, tell GPUHoarder to give us a call (614) 337-3300 (Our Columbus office is only 2 hours from SQRL). I'm following this thread closely because I'm mining ETH with 15 GPUs so far and I just heard about this tech today!
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
July 17, 2018, 01:40:42 PM
They should put a bank card payment in place, because right now this crypto payment company is not up to the task.
Pages:
Jump to: