Pages:
Author

Topic: Acorn M.2 FPGA based GPU Accelerator - page 45. (Read 73496 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
July 27, 2018, 08:50:11 PM
In Quebec it's ~0.08$US, final price.

I always thought that you guys pay less than us because of hydro generation. All mining farms try to locate in Quebec or Manitoba

thats residential though, and essentially the 'all-in' price after taxes and "delivery fee". Certain locales and industrial zones get much cheaper rates ~0.05

Ontario is around ~0.12usd/kwh "all-in"
Activity: 173
Merit: 2
July 27, 2018, 04:28:07 PM
I find it really troubling that we still do not have any numbers for "SOLO CLE 215+" Stand-alone Hash rate (COMING SOON). No software download for the miner either. No new activity on the site.

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
July 27, 2018, 07:20:28 AM
So those ancorns... Noone has seen them, noone has used them, noone has tested them, but anyone is loosing their minds. Are there any parts in my statement wrong?

They have not had a  proper demo.
They are  delayed far longer then first spoken about.

This most likely hurt their sales  as many are available for sept delivery.

Early in thread  targets were preorder for mid june and shipping in late june

preorder was mid july with a small batch shipping in August

most gear due to ship in sept.

I have  about 790usd in orders:

two acorn 215+  and one x2g nest

I would have purchased more but  simply not enough  real info and shipping is later then I would like.

In fact what happens if the nvidia 1180ti  releases  and this gear does not work with it?  

I have the small amount to play with ,but I wont go nuts on this.

Also  the decision to use it on   equihash  makes no sense to me.  the new equihash miners do 50,000 sols  at low watts  so what good is this on equihash?
I could go on and I will more then one person got their orders screwed up  and fixing was time consuming.
So will new software changes be time consuming?

To be nice  OhGodaGirl  gave out good software for mining eth  and I mine 8 1080tis at  400mh  vs  8 at 270mh   so she effectively  gave me 130mh  which would be 3 or 4 1080tis

that is worth more then the 790 usd I sent into  squirrelsresearch and the mineority (which is her company)

I figure she should be supported  and if the gear comes in sept and works I will buy more.

To be honest  if you use  the eth pill  you should buy something as a way to thank her.

http://store.mineority.io/
Activity: 1246
Merit: 274
July 27, 2018, 02:48:57 AM
So those ancorns... Noone has seen them, noone has used them, noone has tested them, but anyone is loosing their minds. Are there any parts in my statement wrong?

They have been shown on live streams at least a few times that I have seen myself and probably shown more on streams or videos that I have not seen personally.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
July 27, 2018, 01:59:48 AM
copper member
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
July 26, 2018, 02:55:24 PM
I can't wait to try an acorn!
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
July 26, 2018, 12:16:39 PM
philipma1957
No there weren't confirmation letters from them. And ofc I've checked spam folder etc.
So I'm lil bit frustrated here, there's a transaction confirmation from "Coin Payments" as shown on the pic. And no other contact info apart that email that wont reply back. No idea what to do atm.

upd: well there might be some site performance issues but I didnt get any reply\explanation from them anyway.

this is what happened to me with my squirrelsreasearch order.

and frankly I was a P.I.T.A. 

I posted about it on this thread. Every day

I pm'd gpuhoarder multiple times

I went on discord and asked over and over and over.

It took about 7 or 8 days to fix it.  I now have a confirmed order from squirrels research for:

one 215+
 one next x2g

my order with minority was smooth I have an order for :

one 215+

you need to be a pest  to get it fixed  at least I did  and they fixed the order.

gpuhoarder owns the company that built the gear

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/gpuhoarder-1897428

OhGodAGirl owns the company that sold you a unit

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/ohgodagirl-838402

be polite ask nice quote this post.

let us know if and when it gets fixed.

philipma1957
I apreciate your help!
I've sent a messege to gpuhoarder but : "User 'OhGodAGirl' has not chosen to allow messages from newbies."
And since I registered here only bc of this problem of mine -> that is me a "newbie" on a forum.

So if anyone can just send her a link on my comment in this thread where I discribe my problem, that would help :
"your customer needs your attention, please help
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42859655"

Thank you.
July 26, 2018, 11:50:16 AM

I always thought that you guys pay less than us because of hydro generation. All mining farms try to locate in Quebec or Manitoba
July 26, 2018, 11:48:07 AM
I live in Ontario and pay ~ 6.7 c/kWh on average. We recently had a change of Provincial government because people (among other issues) were unhappy about high cost of electricity. I have no idea how you guys can tolerate 18c rate.

Before taxes I suppose ?
Yes, indeed. 13% combined (Federal and Provincial) but 8% rebate because people were pissed.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
July 26, 2018, 11:00:03 AM
legendary
July 26, 2018, 10:31:17 AM
I live in Ontario and pay ~ 6.7 c/kWh on average. We recently had a change of Provincial government because people (among other issues) were unhappy about high cost of electricity. I have no idea how you guys can tolerate 18c rate.

Before taxes I suppose ?

well I would love 6.7 cents a kwatt  my 18 cent for summer and 10 cent for winter  is fully adjusted takes into account extra cooling  for summer and heat benefit for winter.

if  he is 6.7 usa cents  after delivery and tax.

for me that would be

8 cents in the summer for extra cooling
3 cents in the winter for the heat benefit

would be very nice.
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
July 26, 2018, 09:51:09 AM

Before taxes I suppose ?
legendary
July 26, 2018, 08:51:02 AM
Late to this party.. but still trying to make up my mind.. the ETH performance increase expected is about 15%

I have 13 GPU(470/480 based) rigs.. so will need the X4 and 4 of the CLE 101.. that would give me ~56MH bump and expected price is about $900.. have not really read about the power consumption..  am i missing something here ?

Edit :  IS this true Huh "so if acorn really reduce energy cost at 60% this is really good deal for me"

because if it is.. this makes perfect sense !!

I'm actually not sure about that, many of us are undervolting already, so i'm curious if that up to 60% is on top of undervolting that many are doing or is it assuming at stock voltages?  If it really is up to 60%, that is totally worth it, as I'm paying 22 cents /kwh.  a 50% increase would be substantial.

Yeah.. anyone in FL who has ordered on of these?
22 cents is crazy ! what are you mining to make it worth it ??
Mining ETH, I'm still generating a + but it's teeny... off 18 cards, i'm netting $5 a day at current eth value... just hodling for now.

Yeah I am Mining ETH about 300 mh. Paying 18 cents for summer power.  I make some profit.

But oct 1 power drops to 10 cents and savings from this item should also help

well  it is summer rate and it is 16.7 I add 1.3 to adjust for extra ac  brings it to 18 usa cents.

winter is 13.7  I take off 3.7 as I get 'free' heating so I am at 10 cents from Oct 1 to May 31

If not for the solar array with buysolar   where my power cost is a simple spilt the coins  all the time I could not mine.
Activity: 208
Merit: 3
July 26, 2018, 08:48:29 AM
Late to this party.. but still trying to make up my mind.. the ETH performance increase expected is about 15%

I have 13 GPU(470/480 based) rigs.. so will need the X4 and 4 of the CLE 101.. that would give me ~56MH bump and expected price is about $900.. have not really read about the power consumption..  am i missing something here ?

Edit :  IS this true Huh "so if acorn really reduce energy cost at 60% this is really good deal for me"

I'm actually not sure about that, many of us are undervolting already, so i'm curious if that up to 60% is on top of undervolting that many are doing or is it assuming at stock voltages?  If it really is up to 60%, that is totally worth it, as I'm paying 22 cents /kwh.  a 50% increase would be substantial.
Mining ETH, I'm still generating a + but it's teeny... off 18 cards, i'm netting $5 a day at current eth value... just hodling for now.

Yeah I am Mining ETH about 300 mh. Paying 18 cents for summer power.  I make some profit.

lol ... in germany ~30 cents/kwh  Sad ... because we have a Merkel  Cheesy
July 26, 2018, 08:34:43 AM

legendary
July 26, 2018, 12:39:18 AM

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
July 25, 2018, 10:40:09 PM

legendary
July 25, 2018, 08:25:17 PM
philipma1957
No there weren't confirmation letters from them. And ofc I've checked spam folder etc.
So I'm lil bit frustrated here, there's a transaction confirmation from "Coin Payments" as shown on the pic. And no other contact info apart that email that wont reply back. No idea what to do atm.

upd: well there might be some site performance issues but I didnt get any reply\explanation from them anyway.

this is what happened to me with my squirrelsreasearch order.

and frankly I was a P.I.T.A. 

I posted about it on this thread. Every day

I pm'd gpuhoarder multiple times

I went on discord and asked over and over and over.

It took about 7 or 8 days to fix it.  I now have a confirmed order from squirrels research for:

one 215+
 one next x2g

my order with minority was smooth I have an order for :

one 215+

you need to be a pest  to get it fixed  at least I did  and they fixed the order.

gpuhoarder owns the company that built the gear

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/gpuhoarder-1897428

OhGodAGirl owns the company that sold you a unit

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/ohgodagirl-838402

be polite ask nice quote this post.

let us know if and when it gets fixed.
Activity: 155
Merit: 4
July 25, 2018, 06:58:28 PM
How many 1060s or rx570s can one Acorn handle if I want to go ETH route for lower consumption and bit better HR? 1 per 4 cards is just someone puling leg or official figure?
Activity: 490
Merit: 38
July 25, 2018, 03:43:19 PM

I dont know, but I believe this gains are not under default settings, if you think about this, you can edit you bios and got 40~50% hash power, dont need any device for this.
I'm assuming, this energy and hash gain are under modded card profile with memory strap and undervolt, if not, this is no sense.
Pages:
Jump to: