Pages:
Author

Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated] - page 46. (Read 75954 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Does anyone believe any of this?
Are they supposed to?
Does Ken think they do?
Have they been burped?  Or even changed?

The SEC is our friend here, they JUST passed crowdfunding laws and still I doubt we are on their radar.

We need to stop acting like this is a big deal and just carry on with business
We're probably not yet on their radar, but I don't see the SEC as being our friends here. Unless they come up with some new, more relaxed regulations then they are going to suffocate the Bitcoin securities market because of a high cost of compliance.

Yes, we are on there radar, as they have talked to Ukto about us last month.  I sent Ukto our Belize documents so he could send them to the SEC.

"Err, well, thank you for sending us these Belize documents for the unregistered stocks of an American company being brokered by your unlicensed exchange, you're good to go now!" --Teh SEC.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Sorry but anyone who uses the term 'yall' is instantly going on my iggy list. We have to keep to certain standards. Bye fintoff.

1. i fully expect this post to be deleted, but your mindless/wasteful/non-beneficial posts to not be deleted.

2. how exactly does name calling help further the cause of ACtM?  you all/youz guyz/you's/yall (pretty sure yall wouldnt rag on the infallible Ken for using the location appropriate for the plural you) seem to think it helps, so lets see if this game is fun or not (spoiler its really not) StuartYuk, MinerFart/MinerShart/etc etc etc, CumZero (cause you are impotent), and insert-clever-name-variation of anyone else who thinks that this either helps prove your point or makes you appear smarter than the person you are addressing.

3. iggy... really?

4. we have no product, we have no real updates as to the status of the potential product, we have no idea of staff or resources available to assemble/test/ship/sell/support this future product.  cheering on the demise/problems/short-comings of other companies that actually have product and far-more-than-you-could-possibly-imagine (starwars reference) sales compared to ACtM doesnt help us get any more clarity on where this company is.  does "popping the champers!" include learning from others mistakes (as you mentioned in the quote below)?  early celebration for no current status of ACtM's product doesnt imply that ACtM 'has it's shit together'?

5. Ken continues to ignore/not care about the fact that his investors are asking for this info and more.  maybe cause he is scared to report nothing, maybe because of NDA, maybe because he just likes to surprise people, maybe because he doesnt give a damn, maybe he loves to see all this drama on his thread.  a whole lot of maybes, and since he is obviously reading this thread (i have several deleted posts to prove that) he knows he's just leaving us flapping in the wind.

Stop your lies.  No-one said ActM 'has it's shit together' and no-one is implying that.  The point being made here is that we should do everything we can to ensure we 'do get our shit together', and that includes learning from other companies mistakes.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I think we're past the point where anyone may profit from rational discussion.  The moderated thread has degenerated to a tiny core of cultish cheerleaders -- beyond the reach of mundane logic.  Repeating all the red flags for the Nth time is no more helpful for these True Believers than shouting "OMG, we're SINKING!  Get off the boat!" during the last moments of the Titanic.
As they say, "that ship has sailed."  And sunk.

Well this security is in an odd place, a limbo of sorts. We cannot say that the ship has sunk just yet as we are waiting on the eASIC prototypes and have been for a while now. However we are now due for a update from Ken about the first prototype chips. According to Ken's past posts the chips are now due and if we do not hear anything about the prototype by November 1st we are in trouble. You most certainly will be right to call the company a sinking ship.

Please understand that i'm not bunching you in with the goofballs rabidly cheering this shipwreck as the sea water starts filling their lungs.  You have not been dishonest or willfully blind, AFAIK.  You're one of the few who tried to discuss this as an investment instead of a hometown soccer team to be cheered, right or wrong.

That's why it's sort-a hard for me to reply to you in any meaningful way.  I honestly don't want *you* to lose money, but i find it difficult to come up with a plausible scenario (excepting "greater fools") where you wouldn't.  As i mentioned before, exiting a sizable position is impossible without mind-numbing slippage, and sure, there's always a chance that someone will try to game the market in a way you would be able to exploit. So i can't even say "dump at any price" -- i simply don't know all the Inspection-levels of rigging that would come into play here.

At this point I am so disheartened by the company and the seal of secrecy surrounding the product that I feel like selling out, but then I have to deal with selling at a loss and then losing a somewhat decent position if surprisingly good news is around the corner. I remind myself that I invested without doing enough research into the company, my research and number calculations come up with positive factors and I was also getting cocky with my investments [1] so I decided to take the plunge and take a position in ActiveMining and whilst the price kept decreasing I bought more and more expecting a return to previous highs.

My lesson from this is not to get cocky, if I read every single post that had been made about ActiveMining I may have made a different decision.

[1] - The month prior I was printing money from Just-Dice during a couple of weeks of incredible returns for the investor and from Labcoin.

I can say that the news from eAsic is not going to be incredibly relevant from the standpoint of intrinsic value.  The EasyCopy chip we're talking about is no competition for the other 28nm players.  At best it will be better than nothing, at worst it will begin a new cycle of failure.

From what I have read the chip is inferior to the other 28nm players, but I don't think its going to be that bad compared to the competition and if the production can begin as soon as possible taking a small percent of the network may be possible. Even if we maintain a couple of percent for a few weeks the faith in the company will be restored. That would be a good time to determine actual share value based on the hashrate at that point and anymore chips Ken can buy. Remember Ken being able to buy more chips at great speed is the main appeal of eASIC, once the first hurdles are over.

If the share price rises higher than my determined value I will make an exist and either buy lower when an inevitable correction occurs or stay out. Depending on the ability to continue adding more chips.

Sorry.  Not sure what i'd do in your shoes.  Honest.

Yeah my situation is pretty bad, this is a mistake that I'm paying for. Early November is insanely crucial and I hope Ken does not screw it up.
The ActM thread has turned into a series of desperate attempts to keep the rats from fleeing a sinking ship.  Or trying to get them to board another, seedier ship. Which is also sinking.

Well I personally don't really care who leaves and who comes on board. Whenever people ask the question "Do I buy ActiveMining now?" I always respond with "I hold a lot of ActiveMining and suggest you do not buy any shares, this was a bad decision I made that has a very small chance of paying off"

Anyway, the share price until any real announcement about eASIC is irrelevant. I have stopped buying a long time ago and will simply see this through to December. It might all head to zero, however nothing anyone says and does in the thread will make a difference. Like I have said over and over again to everyone, even the cheerleaders, is that the miners from eASIC are the only thing that matters and its because of Ken's silence that the thread grows into a mess of camp "Ken is a scammer!" vs the camp "ActiveMining is the next best thing!"

I guess if both camps stopped warring together it would kill the entertainment value of the thread, which is a little depressing actually. My investment is now all about the laughs.

Please understand that i'm not bunching you in with the goofballs rabidly cheering this shipwreck as the sea water starts filling their lungs.  You have not been dishonest or willfully blind, AFAIK.  You're one of the few who tried to discuss this as an investment instead of a hometown soccer team to be cheered, right or wrong.

That's why it's sort-a hard for me to reply to you in any meaningful way.  I honestly don't want *you* to lose money, but i find it difficult to come up with a plausible scenario (excepting "greater fools") where you wouldn't.  As i mentioned before, exiting a sizable position is impossible without mind-numbing slippage, and sure, there's always a chance that someone will try to game the market in a way you would be able to exploit. So i can't even say "dump at any price" -- i simply don't know all the Inspection-levels of rigging that would come into play here.

I can say that the news from eAsic is not going to be incredibly relevant from the standpoint of intrinsic value.  The EasyCopy chip we're talking about is no competition for the other 28nm players.  At best it will be better than nothing, at worst it will begin a new cycle of failure.
Sorry.  Not sure what i'd do in your shoes.  Honest.
Sometimes i just don't feel the love in the *other* ActM thread.  Why would Ken delete this?

Not to be defensive or anything, but some of your posts like that one are a little silly. If you re-worded the post to be less hostile and refrained from publishing images with your text I think it would have been able to stay up. ...

I think we're past the point where anyone may profit from rational discussion.  The moderated thread has degenerated to a tiny core of cultish cheerleaders -- beyond the reach of mundane logic.  Repeating all the red flags for the Nth time is no more helpful for these True Believers than shouting "OMG, we're SINKING!  Get off the boat!" during the last moments of the Titanic.
As they say, "that ship has sailed."  And sunk.
legendary
The ActM thread has turned into a series of desperate attempts to keep the rats from fleeing a sinking ship.  Or trying to get them to board another, seedier ship. Which is also sinking.

Well I personally don't really care who leaves and who comes on board. Whenever people ask the question "Do I buy ActiveMining now?" I always respond with "I hold a lot of ActiveMining and suggest you do not buy any shares, this was a bad decision I made that has a very small chance of paying off"

Anyway, the share price until any real announcement about eASIC is irrelevant. I have stopped buying a long time ago and will simply see this through to December. It might all head to zero, however nothing anyone says and does in the thread will make a difference. Like I have said over and over again to everyone, even the cheerleaders, is that the miners from eASIC are the only thing that matters and its because of Ken's silence that the thread grows into a mess of camp "Ken is a scammer!" vs the camp "ActiveMining is the next best thing!"

I guess if both camps stopped warring together it would kill the entertainment value of the thread, which is a little depressing actually. My investment is now all about the laughs.
legendary
Sometimes i just don't feel the love in the *other* ActM thread.  Why would Ken delete this?

Not to be defensive or anything, but some of your posts like that one are a little silly. If you re-worded the post to be less hostile and refrained from publishing images with your text I think it would have been able to stay up.

Zumzero & the rest of Failbrigade, keep waiting patiently by your basement doors for your doggy bags of yummy droppings & leavings, pl0x.  Ken & Co. haven't forgotten your valiant cheerleading efforts.  You will get *exactly* what's due you.

This is asking to be removed.^^^

On a lighter note:  Prices on Cryptostocks, Exchange of Last Resort, are getting lulzier.
It seems that the lunatic who tried to game the prices by buying @.001 got back on his medication & immediately put in a sell order @.0009.
Last buy: .0008, can't make this shit up.

Perhaps saying:
Quote from: re-worded
There is some interesting action going on at CryptoStocks, looks like shareholders are already selling at a loss after buying shares at 0.001

Ken, could you explain why you are selling on CryptoStocks at a profit? Does the difference come back as a dividend?

Now that should not get deleted (I might be wrong)
Sometimes i just don't feel the love in the *other* ActM thread.  Why would Ken delete this?
Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Good morning, sleepyheads!
Ken & Co., did y'all have a nice steak dinner?

Zumzero & the rest of Failbrigade, keep waiting patiently by your basement doors for your doggy bags of yummy droppings & leavings, pl0x.  Ken & Co. haven't forgotten your valiant cheerleading efforts.  You will get *exactly* what's due you.

On a lighter note:  Prices on Cryptostocks, Exchange of Last Resort, are getting lulzier.
It seems that the lunatic who tried to game the prices by buying @.001 got back on his medication & immediately put in a sell order @.0009.
Last buy: .0008, can't make this shit up.
Huh
And now, InactiveMining's shareholders are so desperate they resort to Google translate and spamming every language subforum. See for yourself: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/wikileaksdude-64074

Lol, our Wikileaksdude is a polyglot!  Now ActM will be laughed at & taunted in every language & every land around the globe!

The popcorn black market is booming.

The stocks on cryptostocks are nothing but a buying option for US investors, or other investors that want to go to cryptostocks. NO, you don't have to sell on BF and buy on crypto. You can keep BF shares til the 1st. Why don't you guys do some reading before you assume everything and prevent the spread of FUD.

You can keep your shares on BF forever.  You'll never be able to sell them or receive dividends, but otherwise you'll be fine.  This quality of "virtual shares" is particularly "educational" for the "investors in the virtual entity known as ActM" and brings plenty of "entertainment value" to the rest of us.
No users cannot keep their shares on BF forever if they are in the US or don't verify. On Nov. 1 the shares are sent back to the issuer and then they have to deal with them.

If you're not planning on selling your virtual shares, or collecting dividends, the return of said virtual shares to the issuing virtual entity REALLY makes no difference.

Don't overthink it.
Activity: 487
Merit: 500
Are You Shpongled?

The stocks on cryptostocks are nothing but a buying option for US investors, or other investors that want to go to cryptostocks. NO, you don't have to sell on BF and buy on crypto. You can keep BF shares til the 1st. Why don't you guys do some reading before you assume everything and prevent the spread of FUD.

You can keep your shares on BF forever.  You'll never be able to sell them or receive dividends, but otherwise you'll be fine.  This quality of "virtual shares" is particularly "educational" for the "investors in the virtual entity known as ActM" and brings plenty of "entertainment value" to the rest of us.
No users cannot keep their shares on BF forever if they are in the US or don't verify. On Nov. 1 the shares are sent back to the issuer and then they have to deal with them.

And a note on crumbs. You are one strange guy. Intelligent yet you clearly spend most of your time trolling and taking pleasure in people's misfortunes. Do you not have a job? It's really sad to see and it's a shame too because the forum is a much worse place as a result.

No.  I do not take pleasure in other people's misfortunes.
What i do take pleasure in is seeing artless, lazy, unabashedly stupid greed punished.

I'm not laughing at a child who falls into the water while trying to save a kitten.  I'm laughing at grown men who try to make money by spending money.  At the self-righteous shamers of bankers who can't wait to step into their shoes.

And failing miserably.

The lulz are plenty & free, and nothing of value is EVER lost.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
And that's my view but IANAL.

The exchange is what would be approached about it. The company itself may be on dubious ground but the sec would likely only take an interest if it hit problems.

However, if the company itself were making trading possible on their own system, that's more problematic in my view. Again, the sec still need a reason for it to be on their radar, but no one should pretend it's all fine and rosy. It's just a grey area which could prove a problem. Quite why any provider would spend their time dealing with making shares tradable within the US post IPO I'm not sure. The time and money should be spent on the core business.

And a note on crumbs. You are one strange guy. Intelligent yet you clearly spend most of your time trolling and taking pleasure in people's misfortunes. Do you not have a job? It's really sad to see and it's a shame too because the forum is a much worse place as a result.
This is being posted for posterity, so ActM "investors" can visit this forum from a library computer & reminisce about the days when they could afford one of their own:
*but 3/10 for creativity

If we want to sell our shares at some point, how will that be done on ActM shares site?

...Due to the current environment we will not be enabling trading on this site...

...After we obtain legal advice which says that we are ok to do this, we will implement on the site, a direct escrow transfer system...

Long Term Solution:

We will implement a direct transfer system using colored coins.

The direct escrow transfer system will allow an Investor to transfer shares to another Investor after they have made a deal outside of the site (Forum, IRC, eMail, etc.).   Since it is an escrow system the Investor buying the shares has to have the BTC in his account.  When the transfer is made and accepted, then the shares are transferred to the buyer and the BTC is transferred to the Seller.

On site escrow transactions would be much more user friendly. Blockchain offer escrow multi-sig service described here:
https://blockchain.info/wallet/escrow

Taking the escrow off-site is a lulzy literalist attempt to circumvent the law.  Much like calling exchanges "virtual" & "for educational & amusement purposes only."  A childish & naive hope to obfuscate the fact that sales of unregistered US securities are taking place.

The only ones who find this clever are the "investors."  Just about no one else gets fooled.  If it walks & quacks like a duck, the courts call it a duck, no matter what *you* call it.  Learn IRL, pl0x.
And one from earlier today.  Ken is misleading his American investors into thinking that his unregistered failstock will become legal if *he* becomes an exchange.  His ex-board member's opinion differs:

Was there a way for everyone to transfer their shares?
The ActiveMining exchange is in the final stages of development according to Ken. There may be manual transfers to migrate over, or they may just wait until November 1 when anyone who is not verified with Bitfunder's shares get sent back to the issuer. In the latter case you better make sure your Public Bitcoin Address is set to one you can sign messages with to prove the shares are yours.

From your ex-board member: (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3362702)

Well, time to bump.  Here's some posts deleted from Ken's astroturfed thread Smiley

Ken's moving the failure to a quality exchange, Cryptostocks:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Ken's name conspicuously missing.
Owner listed as [email protected]
Verification level: NONE.

Solid as Sears Cheesy

Loool Cheesy

... I remember Ken saying how taking care of the shareholders and keeping them happy was his number 1 priority.  Up until he got the IPO funds anyways.

Ken has consistently & unflinchingly provided you, the shareholders, with all the happiness you deserve.

@Ken: stay strong!  Ignore the ingrates for the win!
Semi-daily update:

BTC takes a dive and bounces on the SR news.
Meanwhile, ActM took a dive & kept diving, into the 0.000s.  Like so:

@pankkake: Thanks for gif  Grin Cheesy
But isn't KnC gonna be doing preorders. So if you order now you'll be waiting till like December - February to get your miner from KnC?

KNC will be shipping existing pre-orders, the ones which were bought with CC/PayPal, and setting up a private farm, much like Bitfury's GHash.IO, which is mining @ 238.67 Th/s.
KNC is also taking more pre-orders, also accepting CC/PayPal, just like other IRL companies.

Expect the difficulty to blast up over the next months, at even greater rates than predicted by Thegenisisblock.
Pages:
Jump to: