Pages:
Author

Topic: [Active Mining] The UNofficial Active Mining Discussion Thread [UNmoderated] - page 44. (Read 75954 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
There's a difference between greed and people trading or trying - successfully or otherwise - to start new businesses in a slightly bizarre new area. Unless you don't believe in capitalism at all.

While there are a few people who are crazy right wing libertarians, the vast majority of people are not. Whilst there are people out to defraud (Labcoin?), most are not.

Ice, your post doesn't even make sense as usual and is full of lies & made up rubbish.

Funny that both of you are anonymous.

I live and breathe capitalism, unlike you Fabian muppets.   Wink

Capitalism requires good investments being rewarded and bad ones being punished.

Guess which side your ACTM investment is on?   Cheesy

Good investment requires due diligence.

By attacking/ignoring/demonizing those with opinions different than your own, you failed at fulfilling that obligation.

The "vast majority of people" are sheep/zombies at best, parasites/looters at worst, and contribute nothing to the advancement of humanity.

Progress is typically made by a tiny few "crazy right wing libertarians" such as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ron Paul, Hayek, Menger, Mises, Ayn Rand, Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, etc.

They, not your romanticized sullen gray mass of mediocrity, are the prime movers of the world.

Your anti-intellectual appeal to Lumpenproletariat populism has been duly considered and utterly refuted!
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
There's a difference between greed and people trading or trying - successfully or otherwise - to start new businesses in a slightly bizarre new area. Unless you don't believe in capitalism at all.

While there are a few people who are crazy right wing libertarians, the vast majority of people are not. Whilst there are people out to defraud (Labcoin?), most are not.

Ice, your post doesn't even make sense as usual and is full of lies & made up rubbish.

Let's get a few things straight:

1.  These are grown men trying to make money by giving it to a scammer on the internet, hoping that scammer will make bitcoin ASICs, which will in turn make our muppets rich.  These chips are useless to bitcoin/society/the world as a whole.  If successful, the only thing these chips will do is divvy up the mined coins differently -- making our muppets richer at the expense of other miners.  Don't say "but security!!1!"  That's bull.
This is not capitalism.
Nothing laudable here whatsoever.  

2.  I patiently explain to the greedy men that their greed is not enough to make them rich.  That a guy who thinks it's clever to have a mailing address in London & incorporating in Belize while floating a second IPO on a "virtual identity" to remonetize a failed venture ... might not make them monyz.
They flail & sperge & and forget to thank me.

3.  The "shares" tank.
4.  They tank again.
5.  An exchange (which thoughtfully warns the muppets that it's not really an exchange but a game server) shuts down.
6.  "Shares" get moved to the next exchange (which, not wishing to be outdone, warns its users that it's not responsible for anything because FU!).
7.  That shuts down too
(...)
9999.  When can i start laughing?  C'mon, i think i sort-a deserve it by now, no? Cheesy

P.S:  "Anonymous" Huh
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

legendary
but crumbs that's the important stuff he is doing.  deleting posts is WAAAAY more important than giving real information concerning his virtual company's actions, staff, progress, etc.  sigh...  i guess you'll just never get it, will you?

I love being quoted by crumbs. I didn't say anything I've not already said but thanks for quoting me and missing the bit about about him being an ideas guy who did a good thing with eASIC.

I'm intrigued at the way you gloat at real people with real problems. Not one ounce of empathy, not one ounce of credit given, and never a positive word to say. One wonders what your own life must be like. Very sad I assume, from the amount of time you spend on this forum shitting on everything and everyone. I can only presume you spent a lot of time being bullied as a kid and decided to take it out on everyone else. That or you're an egotistical twat. It only frustrates me because you're clearly also intelligent.

For exactly what do you want one ounce of credit?  For your stubborn, emotional attachment to an unregulated security?  For your specific lack of due diligence and general cluelessness?

Pointing out Ken's strange prioritization of deleting posts over substantive activities is not gloating.

Helping you and the rest of the Cheerleaders learn from your mistakes is not egotistical.

You just don't like the fact that we were right and you were wrong.

You also resent losing money by refusing to listen, stamping your feet, and drinking more Kool-Aid to spite us "twats."

That's OK, go ahead and vent all you like.  Shoot us poor vilified messengers if it soothes your aching butthurt.

We told you so.  You didn't listen. 

Man up and take responsibility for your failures.
but crumbs that's the important stuff he is doing.  deleting posts is WAAAAY more important than giving real information concerning his virtual company's actions, staff, progress, etc.  sigh...  i guess you'll just never get it, will you?

I love being quoted by crumbs. I didn't say anything I've not already said but thanks for quoting me and missing the bit about about him being an ideas guy who did a good thing with eASIC.

I'm intrigued at the way you gloat at real people with real problems. Not one ounce of empathy, not one ounce of credit given, and never a positive word to say. One wonders what your own life must be like. Very sad I assume, from the amount of time you spend on this forum shitting on everything and everyone. I can only presume you spent a lot of time being bullied as a kid and decided to take it out on everyone else. That or you're an egotistical twat. It only frustrates me because you're clearly also intelligent.

No.  I do not take pleasure in good people's misfortunes.
I'm not teasing children who stumble into the mud trying to rescue a kitten.
These men *earned* my ridicule.  They mock the moneyed elite, but worship greed -- convinced that simple greed alone will make their world right.
It's gratifying to watch them get bitchslapped by the invisible hand.  Again and again.  Learning that nope, it isn't.

They mock bankers, but ape them like some cargo cult pygmies -- every. chance. they. get.
Deifying money, they pass it from one to another in their pygmy rites, hoping somehow it will multiply.  It never does.  I lol every tiem.

Oddly rejuvenating to watch greed & stupidity punished.  Restores my faith Smiley
 Tongue
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
but crumbs that's the important stuff he is doing.  deleting posts is WAAAAY more important than giving real information concerning his virtual company's actions, staff, progress, etc.  sigh...  i guess you'll just never get it, will you?
Active Miner becomes a laughingstock.  Ken deals with this in his usual fashion -- delete fucking EVERYTHING!!!

Are you familiar with ActiveMining/AMC/VMC's history. They are a good example.

What you get is a business being distracted with writing a poor prospectus, and setting up poor IPO plans. Then they break the IPO plans and become/create victims of their prospectus, etc. In this specific case there were also instances where the CEO provided arbitrage opportunities to select shareholders as an incidental service for personal benefit.

Edit: Follow-up for extra lulz, from your ex-boardmember:

Tat, that's just basic mismanagement. You can't use that as an example.

I obviously dealt with Ken directly and whilst I wish him all the best, my view on his business skills could not be written here because children may be reading.
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
Great news, everyone!

I'd imagine this is what all the bitfunder assets look like right now  Cheesy

"Centralized Bitcoin stock exchange" sounds like an oxymoron anyway...
But do they ever listen?  What's a mother to do? Cry
It may even improve liquidity as people deal p2p on the forum who are currently spooked by the exchange
This is pretty funny to think about... Bitfunder has screwed itself over so badly that direct shares could actually improve liquidity. Good luck getting a response to support requests if anything goes wrong with your account, too. Direct shares don't have that issue.
Important Notice (November 4, 2013)

Please be advised that BitFunder is ceasing operations. ...
Thank You,
Ukyo

legendary
Dividends MIA.

Financial report MIA.

Chips MIA.

Amazing company! 
Ice and/or Crumbs,

If you believe ActM is truly dead in the water, why do you spend so much time beating a dead horse? There's no real liquidity at this point, so anyone taking this ride is either going to sail to shore or go down with the ship.

This dead horse insists on crawling out of the lime pit & dragging its stinking rotting carcass all over mah nice Bitcoinworld.

Zombie horses feed on my helpless Little Ones, so Ah'ma charging mah wooden stake & gassing up my F450.  Hope to make it to the glue factory before sunset.
Wish me luck & God Bless.

Edit:  Little Ones = ActM "investors"
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Ice and/or Crumbs,

If you believe ActM is truly dead in the water, why do you spend so much time beating a dead horse? There's no real liquidity at this point, so anyone taking this ride is either going to sail to shore or go down with the ship.

Maybe they are large holders and want the share price low for as long as possible, to buy more!

/Jokes
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
Ice and/or Crumbs,

To be fair, Ken's an adequate businessman.

Perhaps not as adept as the mysterious Sam Noi of Labcoin, but noteworthy nevertheless.

His strengths are creative transitioning from seemingly failed ventures (with ugly endgames) to stunning, bold new creations, just bursting with win.

The seamless segue from VMC, an enterprise with nothing but debt & fail, to ActM -- a refreshingly abstract virtual identity [sic] stands as a solid testament to Ken's creativity.

VMC, an established failure & a liability to a lesser man, was transformed by Ken into ActM, with VMC bagholders given a second lease on life via a *second* IPO & creatively worded prospectus.

Wait...  How did that???  Wha?  

The goals of alchemy pale in the presence of such  transformative magic.
Watch, aspiring bitcoin entrepreneur, study and hope to someday emulate.
Ken Slaughter FTW!

legendary
oo cool. circlejerk time. can i join guys? /sarcasm

You want the other thread for that.  This is the non-cheerleader one.
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
oo cool. circlejerk time. can i join guys? /sarcasm
legendary
He could apologize to his victims at the very least.  What a coward!
That certainly isn't enough. Any member of that "advisory board" should be considered a scammer.

Nah, Vbs is good people.  I just had to give him enough of a hard time sufficient to goad him into speaking up.

The rest of the cheerleader squad is a different story...
legendary
Due to the Klondikes showing up this week after being ordered for 5 Months and the deployment of other resources for mining, we are going to delay our
P & L and Balance sheet reports until the 15th of November.

Good job stringing the cheerleaders and true believers along for a little while longer.

Amazing Company!   Grin

legendary
You seem to have a permanent knack to manipulate everything... Roll Eyes

My original estimates were targeted at the short to medium term profit which was based primarily on the delivery of 20k Avalon chips and made sense until Ken decided to cancel those orders and ask for a refund.

At that point I decided to stop doing more, as: (1) without quantities, (2) more concrete dates for eAsic hardware delivery and (3) correct sales revenue, they would just turn into 100% speculation and I didn't want that.

Even so, all my estimates specifically described the scenarios and conditions they were based on, as thoroughly as possible, with the available info at the time they were made.

Hooray, vBS is alive!

Thanks for showing up.  The cheerleader squad really sucks without your leadership.

It would be very easy for you to update the projections.  Simply replace all the revenue projections with zeroes!   Cheesy

PS Your warm fuzzy projections were always 100% speculation, as cold hard reality has amply demonstrated.   Cool
Pages:
Jump to: