Pages:
Author

Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation - page 83. (Read 190016 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
November 11, 2015, 07:40:54 PM

Scalable. Shaped. Visible. Simple.
November 11, 2015, 07:38:21 PM
Here you go:-

Something like that is all you need.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
November 11, 2015, 07:25:59 PM
Also, as far as the curved version I was suggesting, here is an MS-painted modification of it:  

I think this should also be considered (properly drawn, of course) because it not only incorporates "ae" plus the number 8, and the idea of a smoothly curved emission, but it also includes a nod to notion of the yin-yang of public and private ledgers (as shown in this bitcoin/monero mashup):  

After taking a look at all the options, I could get on board with a circular design as long as it hid the yin/yang design in it - at least then we have a reason for it.  The horizontal lines of critcal's concepts look a little strange to me, but perhaps this just means they are eye catching.    I can't decide.
November 11, 2015, 07:09:43 PM
Ok, weighing back in .  

tl;dr - Can we please see this in a square-er format?  I can't decide between the two blues:  

Perhaps the lettered part could even be moved from the center of the square to be offset on the lower right like we have now?  

Taking a look at the top cryptocurrencies, smooth is right - no one is going with a distinctive square shape: http://coinmarketcap.com/1  
There's a lot of circles, and I have to commend MaidSafe for a great and unique shape.  The deeper you go into the coinstack though, the more prevalent the "circle" becomes.  So I do like the idea of the square based shape.  

I also can see both sides of the debate about why 16x16 is important and why it's not.

I don't want to hijack the thread so I posted them on our subreddit. I've tweaked a few and will be adding more.

It's fine - speculation topics have long served more purpose than just price discussion; social and community issues can be discussed here as well.

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
November 11, 2015, 06:45:16 PM
The greater the scalability, the more universal the logo. The easier it is to perceive at a distance, the greater the functionality of its objective.

Okay that means mostly shape and color though, and especially shape (since good logos seem to cluster around a limited range of near-blue or near-red colors, or, less frequently, some sort of multicolor/rainbow theme).

So I'd argue that round is very generic since a hundreds of coins have done that. Something based on the square logo, or a variation of it, is more distinctive.

That last one from bangomatic is the best of the new crop by that reasoning, I think. The rest are pretty bad -- generic shapes and weak use of color.
November 11, 2015, 06:42:53 PM
I think not changing the AEON logo/branding is a mistake and a waste of an opportunity, but it looks like I'm outvoted, so ce la vie.

+1

im not crazy about the blue square because at smaller sizes, im sorry, but its just unreadable.

No one has explained to me why smaller sizes like 16x16 are even needed at all. I'm not sure any of the proposed replacements would be legible at those tiny sizes either.

The greater the scalability, the more universal the logo. The easier it is to perceive at a distance, the greater the functionality of its objective. It needs to be visually identifiable and easy on the eye whether big or small. This includes favicons for minimised software, as well as online environments which can function as defacto advertisements; environments such as coinmarketcap. What's the point in celebrating Aeon's inclusion in the Top 100 if you can't see what the damn coin is? I swear, nearly every single coin in that list has a catastrophically crap logo, so it's not like the competition is all that hard. A little bit of applied intelligence into the proceedings will go a long way.

But it's not just a case of scalability. Right now, AEON doesn't even have a logo. There's no shape at all.  It's just a word on a blue background. That's not acceptable for a currency. It might be acceptable for a payment system or a piece of software, but a currency is an intellectual concept in its own right. If it's going to succeed it's going to need some proper memetic firepower, not just a word on a blue background. I mean, you could have a separate logo for the AEON core software as a word on a blue background, but for the actual currency you're going to need a shape... or at least something practically functional and scalable.

Plus, I don't get the preoccupation with this company logo color psychology chart. If I had a BTC for everytime someone had shown me that chart in the past 24 months pertaining to altcoin development, then I surely would be richer than Satoshi himself.  It's largely a junk science. Besides, AEON is not a company, nor a product, nor a money making exercise, and none of us are being employed.... so why the hell would it be seeking to follow in the footsteps of a multinational corporation? We're a currency. It's a completely different science! AEON is a private decentralised currency with a specific userbase and target demographic, so what point is there in referring to the Facebook logo? I don't get it. Apples and oranges.

AEON is supposed to be experimental and radical. Where's the experimentation and radicalism?

Or at least a little common sense, re: scalability and shape.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
November 11, 2015, 06:11:05 PM
i got pretty big wallet with aeon.
then it seemed to stay dead.
so i just moved the shit to trash can..
stupid move.
seeking the backup copy..
November 11, 2015, 06:04:36 PM
I think not changing the AEON logo/branding is a mistake and a waste of an opportunity, but it looks like I'm outvoted, so ce la vie.

+1

im not crazy about the blue square because at smaller sizes, im sorry, but its just unreadable.

No one has explained to me why smaller sizes like 16x16 are even needed at all. I'm not sure any of the proposed replacements would be legible at those tiny sizes either.

Surely it's just common sense?
legendary
Activity: 1246
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
November 11, 2015, 05:15:10 PM

+1

favicon comes to mind.

edit:
I changed the color to the bright blue which will help with recognition at small sizes and because we love the bright aeon blue.  

http://i.imgur.com/Es8XyqN.jpg

edit again: critical60 i just checked the subreddit and see that you had already changed to blue. nice work man!
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
November 11, 2015, 05:08:24 PM

+1

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
November 11, 2015, 05:05:08 PM

+1

i do like critical60's yin and yang logo.

Thanks! I don't want to hijack the thread so I posted them on our subreddit. I've tweaked a few and will be adding more. https://www.reddit.com/r/aeoncoin/comments/3sflmv/aeon_logo_concepts/
legendary
November 11, 2015, 04:52:20 PM

+1

i do like critical60's yin and yang logo.
November 11, 2015, 04:48:55 PM
legendary
November 11, 2015, 04:45:20 PM
Litecoin is such a POS (not Proof Of Stake) that it's just unbelievable. There is absolutely nothing going on with that coin apart from heavy Chinese buying. Even Charlie Lee said that Litecoin doesn't need development. Wait, what?

To top it off the Litecoin logo is the worst logo imaginable.

Everything about Litecoin just screams POM. Proof of Mistake.

Why does it need development? It is the 2nd best functioning cryptocurrency. All other cryptocurrencies face liquidity problems and are only speculative since next to no merchants accept it.

Do you think they need to change the faces on the dollar bill so it can pump?

no ltc does not need development and the logo is just fine. it exists much like dogecoin does because it attracted many investors early on. ltc will continue a slow  steady drop in value with the occasional pump and dump.
as investors realize that ltc cant provide financial privacy like AEON and others can.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
November 11, 2015, 08:22:45 AM
Litecoin is such a POS (not Proof Of Stake) that it's just unbelievable. There is absolutely nothing going on with that coin apart from heavy Chinese buying. Even Charlie Lee said that Litecoin doesn't need development. Wait, what?

Why does it need development? It is the 2nd best functioning cryptocurrency. All other cryptocurrencies face liquidity problems and are only speculative since next to no merchants accept it.

Do you think they need to change the faces on the dollar bill so it can pump?

legendary
Activity: 1120
November 11, 2015, 05:11:17 AM

November 11, 2015, 01:06:20 AM
The way I see it, there are two principal faculties when it comes to governance:-
If we concentrate on the ideas, rather than focussing on the community members themselves, then I believe we can set the foundations for an excellent 21st century governance model that would have people questioning why no-one had ever devised such a perfect system ever before.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whuffie 

I continue to think about these concepts, but just ran across this article for the first time and thought it was quite relevant to the discussion. 

To keep this on topic, Aeon price has collapsed from my buying mania of literally over 9000 to it's current "happy" range of between 3000 and 4000.  There's some tasty looking sell walls sitting in the 4000's.  I might gobble them with this next pay check to help complete my collection if they're still there.  Maybe I will, maybe I won't.  We'll have to see how I feel.  Just know (seller) that you are offering those for sale; our volume and Aeon value is low enough that doesn't really work as a bookend.  An interested party is just as likely to gobble that up as to be intimidated by it.
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
November 11, 2015, 12:17:38 AM
price isnt falling, you obviously arent applying yourself.

AEON is #89 on coinmarketcap

some of the coins that are currently ranked higher than us:

#86 MysteryCoin

#47 FutCoin

I'd say downside risk is extremely limited  Smiley

legendary
November 10, 2015, 11:59:03 PM
price isnt falling, you obviously arent applying yourself.
November 10, 2015, 11:47:29 PM

I am actually a dirty troll and taking payments from both sides.

Then it will be wasted money.  Please contribute positively to the conversation or future shitposting will be deleted.  

edit: Future trolls from Fontas were deleted.  This message will serve as the repository of Fontas troll messages until I get bored and stop updating it:  

You contradict yourself because that is a negative shitpost.
Shitposts in shit threads for shitcoins. How's that for a shitpost Kim Jong-un? Take off the 'american' in your name you commie bastard.
Pages:
Jump to: