Pages:
Author

Topic: [AEON] Aeon Speculation - page 84. (Read 190016 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
November 10, 2015, 11:08:36 PM
Congratulations everyone. AEON has gotten large enough to attract its first troll.

I am a paid troll by Monero to get the price of AEON down.

Nope.

More likely you've been paid by some Dash investor.

Ever since Litecoin founder Charlie Lee spoke out against Dash, Dash users have been pissing their pants.

I am actually a dirty troll and taking payments from both sides.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
ARK Team likes to ban and delete posts in reddit.
November 10, 2015, 11:05:39 PM
Congratulations everyone. AEON has gotten large enough to attract its first troll.

sweet! how low can it go?  gimme a chance to buy more btc first, ok?
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
November 10, 2015, 10:35:26 PM

Nope.

More likely you've been paid by some Dash investor.

Ever since Litecoin founder Charlie Lee spoke out against Dash, Dash users have been pissing their pants.
November 10, 2015, 10:28:00 PM

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
November 10, 2015, 10:14:42 PM
November 10, 2015, 10:11:38 PM
There is not even enough buy support on this piece of shit to take a Syrian kid to Europe.

Join the big boys and buy some Litecoin.

You mean the currency that just suffered a glitch that dumped its price to zero a little while ago?  
http://i.imgur.com/kt7hmvR.png  

No thanks, but thank you for taking the time to stop by and troll.  Aeon is certainly the future "litecoin" of the world, and though Litecoin may never go all the way to zero, I can't imagine it needs to ever be priced above 5 CNY or so.  

Also, unlike the currently useless function that Litecoin plays opposite to Bitcoin, we intend Aeon to actually experiment with Cryptonote technology so that even if Monero ends up becoming the 100% dominant/no-questions-asked Cryptonote network, there is still a place for Aeon to retain value.  I'll only ask that any future trolling contain some content, or risk being deleted.  Thanks.

That was China showing a quick demonstration of what they do slowly to the USD everyday.

Shilling shitcoins is only funny if you can back it up with some volume. This buy support is below min wage for you and your boys to cash it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 10, 2015, 09:50:13 PM
I consider Bitcoin a dinossaur, Litecoin I do not even consider anymore, even tho I have nothing against it and I hold a comparatively large amount than Bitcoin atm, I expect nothing from it. AEON will be the new litecoin, it will do what litecoin was suppose to do, innovate or risk falling behind, and if the fruits are good the seeds shall be planted under Monero lands.

Litecoin.

ps: I prefer the current logo.
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
November 10, 2015, 09:40:23 PM
There is not even enough buy support on this piece of shit to take a Syrian kid to Europe.

You mean the currency that just suffered a glitch that dumped its price to zero a little while ago? 

No thanks, but thank you for taking the time to stop by and troll.  Aeon is certainly the future "litecoin" of the world, and though Litecoin may never go all the way to zero, I can't imagine it needs to ever be priced above 5 CNY or so. 

Also, unlike the currently useless function that Litecoin plays opposite to Bitcoin, we intend Aeon to actually experiment with Cryptonote technology so that even if Monero ends up becoming the 100% dominant/no-questions-asked Cryptonote network, there is still a place for Aeon to retain value.  I'll only ask that any future trolling contain some content, or risk being deleted.  Thanks.
legendary
November 10, 2015, 09:32:35 PM
Even down to 32px I can still clearly tell what it is.  At 16px it becomes distorted, but I think you're going to have that effect with any logo.  I did some analysis and didn't find any mathematical puns hidden in the logo, though the ratio of the word "aeon" to the rest of the logo is 4:27 which is also considered "international munchie time" (hardy-har-har). 

I'm not sure why 16 px is needed, but perhaps a tweaked version could be created that is recognizable by shape even if not readable (mostly: brighten up the white a bit).

As far as mathematical puns, if we want them they can get inserted in the sort of "tweak" redesign I suggested, along with slightly changing the font, layout, etc. Ideally if inserted they should be left as undisclosed easter eggs for the curious to find later.

November 10, 2015, 09:32:07 PM

November 10, 2015, 09:29:34 PM
Actually I'm going to say I really like the square blue logo. Looked at against the peer group of professional logos, it holds up well. It's somewhat outside of typical for coin logos, which tend to be overly designed and use too many odd colors and shadings imo. Take a look at the designs posted on the last page or two of this thread and compared with the top-tier corporate logos that Pegasus posted. Our logo fits in better in the latter group, which is a good thing.

I don't really care if the original developer banged it out in 15 minutes. Maybe he was a genius, or got lucky. The Tribune, Weather Channel, and even this version of Facebook (not shown in the post above but widely used) are very similar in style and probably cost a fortune (also some others of the "red" persuasion).

Like I said, it manages to capture everything I'm looking for in a brand.  It looks elite, shiny, luxurious, and futuristic.  And it's approachable too.  If a major credit card or bank came out with some product named "aeon" and used the exact same logo, font, and branding I would think the same and my simple monkey brain would be attracted to it.  "Ooh, shiny."  As someone who enjoys being an unthinking consumer, these are my instincts towards it - attraction.  

As far as scaling:  

128px:
64px:  

32px:  

16px:

Even down to 32px I can still clearly tell what it is.  At 16px it becomes distorted, but I think you're going to have that effect with any logo.  I did some analysis and didn't find any mathematical puns hidden in the logo, though the ratio of the word "aeon" to the rest of the logo is 4:27 which is also considered "international munchie time" (hardy-har-har).  It does however appear more than something "slapped together".  The ratios and placement is pretty precise and isn't random.  Whoever made it definitely did a good job. 

Anyway, I stand by smooth in thinking that this is a great logo, but am not opposed to seeing if someone can improve upon it.

critical, even if not used officially, your stuff looks ripe for a possible future aeon project (MyAeon?); even I might buy the rights from you eventually.  
Activity: 724
Merit: 500
November 10, 2015, 09:02:26 PM
Made this in my free time. Maybe I could help with a new logo (if that's what people would like).

I love this one. PM your aeon addy  Smiley

legendary
November 10, 2015, 08:43:10 PM
Actually I'm going to say I really like the square blue logo. Looked at against the peer group of professional logos, it holds up well. It's somewhat outside of typical for coin logos, which tend to be overly designed and use too many odd colors and shadings imo. Take a look at the designs posted on the last page or two of this thread and compared with the top-tier corporate logos that Pegasus posted. Our logo fits in better in the latter group, which is a good thing.

I don't really care if the original developer banged it out in 15 minutes. Maybe he was a genius, or got lucky. The Tribune, Weather Channel, and even this version of Facebook (not shown in the post above but widely used) are very similar in style and probably cost a fortune (also some others of the "red" persuasion).

What I would suggest is maybe tweaking the font or something if the design is seen as too ordinary. Someone mentioned that is uses a Windows default font. I don't know if that is true but if so we could perhaps find a variation that is a bit more distinctive while keeping the same theme.

Also, the logo and currency symbol have nothing to do with each other. The currency symbol could be used as part of the logo but it doesn't have to be. The logo certainly should not be used directly as a currency symbol.
November 10, 2015, 08:38:59 PM
I still like the original, but I'm seeing a lot of great stuff here.  I certainly don't want to rain on anyone's creative parade. 

This one pays homage to Monero and also adds a bit of yin and yang. Anyways. I don't mean to derail this thread. I'll be posting more on reddit later.

Wow, very nice!  I even liked the first one, but people are right that it needs to be "flattenable" to a two-tone design.  On the other hand, after a basic design is achieved, there is nothing wrong with a little pizzazz and artistic license.  For example, look at how fancy this "Dogecoin" is/was: http://imgur.com/6e2Dpqi (it almost looks like something you can trust, huh?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy)  

Can you play with the versions a little more and make a mockup that has the trailing ends of the a and e both continue to spiral off (instead of going flat horizontal) and also try a version where the lines go flat diagonal?  Also, I'm digging the subdued blue, and I get where you're coming from.  Can we try a version with a slightly brighter tone?  I'll tip you some Aeon for your trouble with all this, even if another design is chosen.  

Having said all that, I think the best thing to do would be to do as we did with Monero and use www.99designs.com.

I think it costs a couple hundred dollars. I can certainly put forward about a third of that if anyone is willing to match.

This way we get around 99 independent designs and we just choose the best one.

I'm willing to put forward $100 towards this as well.  I was very impressed with the work they did for Monero and we need to at least see what they can do for Aeon.  That doesn't automatically win them the gig vs. critical60 though; I'd like to lay it all out and see what we're working with.  

Also, if anyone has a long running, trusted account, is competent with code and development, and *really* wants to do something huge for Aeon - there is an opportunity to create a "MyAeon" site based off of the amazing work fluffyponyza did for MyMonero.  

I won't lie; this is a tall order, and if you aren't planning on running it honestly and keeping up with it please don't - you will just end up doing damage.  But if you have good intentions, want to make some profit, and want to help make Aeon super easy to use then this would be a great start (even after the GUI comes out this will be useful).  Fluffyponyza has said he won't be offended if someone copies this open source code and creates their own Aeon version, and it will give people an easier place to store some Aeon besides using the command line and/or Bittrex itself.  

Activity: 16
November 10, 2015, 06:22:12 PM
However I would probably ditch the gradient and keep it strictly two-tone, much like the Bitcoin symbol:-

http://i.imgur.com/62GOmhL.jpg

This one pays homage to Monero and also adds a bit of yin and yang. Anyways. I don't mean to derail this thread. I'll be posting more on reddit later.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
November 10, 2015, 05:25:37 PM
Having said all that, I think the best thing to do would be to do as we did with Monero and use www.99designs.com.

I think it costs a couple hundred dollars. I can certainly put forward about a third of that if anyone is willing to match.

This way we get around 99 independent designs and we just choose the best one.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
November 10, 2015, 05:21:23 PM
Made this in my free time. Maybe I could help with a new logo (if that's what people would like).

Yeah that's pretty much the same kind of idea I was playing around with. (There's some others on the subreddit that are of the same style.)

However I would probably ditch the gradient and keep it strictly two-tone, much like the Bitcoin symbol:-

Also, as seen above, any good logo will need to scale right down to icon size, and gradients can get pretty nasty at low resolutions.
November 10, 2015, 04:24:29 PM
Nice design! Sleek and modern.

Thanks! I'll post a few more on the Aeon reddit page within a day or two. I'd really like to help out if possible.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
November 10, 2015, 04:20:44 PM

Nice design! Sleek and modern.
November 10, 2015, 04:12:27 PM

http://i.imgur.com/qJRhFZ0.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: