Pages:
Author

Topic: AirGap wallet- Self custody made simple and secure - Protect your crypto offline - page 6. (Read 2541 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 15
Problems with the camera freezing were reported 2 years ago as well. The recommendation back then from one of their team members on githubmemory was to force-close the application and start from scratch.

Here is how to reproduce and solve the issue as reported by the user who experienced the freezing issues:

How to reproduce:

Open AirGap Wallet (after killing the app or restarting phone)
Switch to 'Scanner' tab.
Camera blacked out, and the app freezes (the issue)
Tap Home button, then Overview button and open AirGap Wallet again.
Switch to 'Accounts' tab, and 'Scanner' tab again. Then the scanner works.
(The same happens with AirGap Vault) After the first camera activation, the problem doesn't repeat and the camera works.
Source: https://githubmemory.com/repo/airgap-it/airgap-wallet/issues/12

Thank you
after leaving it for a day and a reboot or two of my phone due to another (unrelated) app having some camera issues, it seems like it magically started working Airgap Vault... even though a reboot of the device had already failed to fix the issue previously??!? Huh Roll Eyes
I'm not sure what the issue is regarding the camera, maybe it's a temporary issue with your device.

So, I finally managed to get the vault setup... however, I don't see a way to use TestNet with this. So, I assume I would need to edit some code and compile my own APK etc Undecided

We don't support bitcoin testnet for now. If you can do that, it will be perfect. Another thing you could do is to open an issue on the AirGap Github page.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Yeah, I went looking through their github to see if anyone else had a similar problem... it seems that particular issue is actually related to trying to start the QR Code scanner... not the initial vault setup where it is supposedly using video input as part of the entropy generation.

In other news... after leaving it for a day and a reboot or two of my phone due to another (unrelated) app having some camera issues, it seems like it magically started working Airgap Vault... even though a reboot of the device had already failed to fix the issue previously??!? Huh Roll Eyes

So, I finally managed to get the vault setup... however, I don't see a way to use TestNet with this. So, I assume I would need to edit some code and compile my own APK etc Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
Problems with the camera freezing were reported 2 years ago as well. The recommendation back then from one of their team members on githubmemory was to force-close the application and start from scratch.

Here is how to reproduce and solve the issue as reported by the user who experienced the freezing issues:

How to reproduce:

Open AirGap Wallet (after killing the app or restarting phone)
Switch to 'Scanner' tab.
Camera blacked out, and the app freezes (the issue)
Tap Home button, then Overview button and open AirGap Wallet again.
Switch to 'Accounts' tab, and 'Scanner' tab again. Then the scanner works.
(The same happens with AirGap Vault) After the first camera activation, the problem doesn't repeat and the camera works.
Source: https://githubmemory.com/repo/airgap-it/airgap-wallet/issues/12
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Tried to install this to try it out, but when trying to create the entropy for the vault, the camera image freezes and the % stops increasing. So, I can only get to 100% on mic, gyro and touch. As such, I can't actually set up a vault, rendering the entire thing unusable. Undecided

Nokia 7 Plus running on Android 10.

Also, does this actually have support for Bitcoin Testnet? Huh
I think you could have mentioned the giveaway in your last post.

For those who haven't read their last Medium article, they are hosting a giveaway where 20 random people have the chance to win AirGap metal plates for recovery phrases including electronic engraving pens. To participate, you need to create a video or article about AirGap. Check the article for more information.

This is what you can win:

I totally forgot this, Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Farewell, Leo. You will be missed!
I think you could have mentioned the giveaway in your last post.

For those who haven't read their last Medium article, they are hosting a giveaway where 20 random people have the chance to win AirGap metal plates for recovery phrases including electronic engraving pens. To participate, you need to create a video or article about AirGap. Check the article for more information.

This is what you can win:

AirGap wallet added the BIP 85 functionality a while back. but now has a blog article about it to illustrate the different use cases.

What is BIP85
BIP 85 defines a way how new BIP39 mnemonics can be derived from your mnemonic. Put another way, it aids you in deriving “entropy” from your mnemonics, and the entropy you derive can then be used in other wallets and applications. Therefore, it brings the flexibility of managing multiple mnemonics (multiple wallets) while only having to back up one of your mnemonics. If one or more of the derived entropies are compromised, the parent mnemonic and other derived entropies remain secure.

read more
Can user add erc20 and polka based tokens manually (the ones not listed beforehand)?
Right now that's not possible in AirGap but we will be releasing a new version in few days with WalletConnect functionality, so you can send and receive any ERC20 tokens through something like MEW (connected to AirGap).
Activity: 2464
Merit: 934
Can user add erc20 and polka based tokens manually (the ones not listed beforehand)?
Pages:
Jump to: