Pages:
Author

Topic: Akhand Bharat - United India : Should it happen ? - page 7. (Read 7924 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
As another outsider, I see too many problems facing India to make this a reality. Many countries face common problems like India but the most pressing issues that plague India are corruption, lack of infrastructure, poverty and income inequality.

Around 80% of Indian cities flows into water systems:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/environment/pollution/Around-80-of-sewage-in-Indian-cities-flows-into-water-systems/articleshow/18804660.cms

53% Indian households defecate in open:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/53-Indian-households-defecate-in-open-World-Bank-says-on-World-Toilet-Day/articleshow/26032829.cms

There are many improvements that are coming, albeit slowly.
Technology is greatly improving and the new rocket program are some of the recent advancements.

LOL! I dint know that only India was facing these problems. When I ask outsiders about their country, why do they keep cribbing about their country too facing poverty, crime, corruption and so on. If we check, every country does have certain minus points as compared to plus points. No country is perfect in that respect.

Regarding Akhand Bharat: I don't support this unison as each country is happy being an independent country. There would be many problems if we think about their unity and calling them just Bharat.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
As another outsider, I see too many problems facing India to make this a reality. Many countries face common problems like India but the most pressing issues that plague India are corruption, lack of infrastructure, poverty and income inequality.

Around 80% of Indian cities flows into water systems:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/environment/pollution/Around-80-of-sewage-in-Indian-cities-flows-into-water-systems/articleshow/18804660.cms

53% Indian households defecate in open:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/53-Indian-households-defecate-in-open-World-Bank-says-on-World-Toilet-Day/articleshow/26032829.cms

There are many improvements that are coming, albeit slowly.
Technology is greatly improving and the new rocket program are some of the recent advancements.

Sometimes I just laugh at how naive these typical western thought could be, make no mistake there are 'elements' within our country which are responsible for such misconception.

It is true that many Indians defecate in the open, but those Indians dont even have cemented homes forget about a proper toilet; but the last time I checked the nature of a person's defecation process doesnt influence his right to live in a country that is a 'world power'. There are homeless people in the US so should we say the americans who live in high rise apartments deserve anything less for the value of their money ?

The progress of a country can never be determined by measuring the earning potential of the poor, but rather gauged by the spending capital of the rich. You'd be a fool to think that there arent any rich Indians.
www.V.systems
@legendster hard to see that happen anytime soon. Too many other problems to solve first.

@no-ice-please the us doesn't invade nuclear armed countries. They aren't that stupid. And I don't think legendster is talking about military conquest. Just hindu muslim unity.

Yes I am not talking about a military campaign but a peaceful political integration. However those are never peaceful.
No I am not talking about religion equality, India has never been the home to a single religion, we have been muslim / Hindu / Buddhists / jains / Sikhs etc etc through out time; it'd be naive to identify India with a single religion - a mistake which 'outsiders' make.
www.V.systems
From outsiders perspective, it seems as India in the past 50 years expended most of its energy on staying intact and not collapsing under its own population growth, aswell as religious fundamentalism. I have hard time imagining how India would want to integrate sunni, nuclear capable Pakistan.

On the other hand, should such (unlikely) union ever happen and some sort of "area of influence) agreement is reached with China, I see no reason, why India couldnt be the superpower of tommorrow.

Spoken like a true outsider.

I mean why wont you 'outsiders' ever stop complaining about our population ? Trust me we might be heavily populated but not densely populated.

Second, Pakistan and most of the map you see here was once a part of India under the Britts, India has faced no problem in staying intact but it has lagged behind in the political sector as there has been no proper political unity.

Sure we had few wars with Pakistan and 1 skrimish with China but that is local territorial aggression almost inevitable in any new country's genesis.

Okurka was on the money with his comment. India has some trouble enough keeping various groups in line.

But maybe you are right. The only question is then would 'greater India' still be called India? Why not call it China or Tibet or Pakistan?

In fact the U.S. has not invaded a country now in quite some time, a few years at least. We could sweep through India and all those other countries easily. Then greater India would have a lot more territory, but it would be called the United States.

The US could learn a thing or two about invading a country and winning that war from India. We did that successfully when we liberated Bangladesh from Pakistan.

As far as why it would be called India ? Because of the obvious fact that it is the Indian cultural and historical influence on these nations not the other way around. Remember all of what you see in the map was united as India under the britts. Its certainly possible to merge these.

Lastly, US 'sweeping' over India is as long shot as Guatemala having a manned space program for Pluto in the next 20 years. Not only does US lack the 'firepower' to take India down, it'd also starve to death because it is India that created the thousands of jobs in US which eventually helped you guys pull through your 08 crisis.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
@legendster hard to see that happen anytime soon. Too many other problems to solve first.

@no-ice-please the us doesn't invade nuclear armed countries. They aren't that stupid. And I don't think legendster is talking about military conquest. Just hindu muslim unity.
www.V.systems
From outsiders perspective, it seems as India in the past 50 years expended most of its energy on staying intact and not collapsing under its own population growth, aswell as religious fundamentalism. I have hard time imagining how India would want to integrate sunni, nuclear capable Pakistan.

On the other hand, should such (unlikely) union ever happen and some sort of "area of influence) agreement is reached with China, I see no reason, why India couldnt be the superpower of tommorrow.

Spoken like a true outsider.

I mean why wont you 'outsiders' ever stop complaining about our population ? Trust me we might be heavily populated but not densely populated.

Second, Pakistan and most of the map you see here was once a part of India under the Britts, India has faced no problem in staying intact but it has lagged behind in the political sector as there has been no proper political unity.

Sure we had few wars with Pakistan and 1 skrimish with China but that is local territorial aggression almost inevitable in any new country's genesis.
Activity: 574
Merit: 506

www.V.systems

I am an avid supporter of this, though this is a pipe dream at the time being but if I ever achieve a public following and if I ever got into politics because of it; then it would be for this and only this topic / goal in mind.

I am NOT a RSS member or supporter. I believe in a free India, a secular India, a united India; rich with cultural and religious diversity.

So go ahead, and give your views regarding if this unison should happen, should not happen should have happened 60 years ago etc

Whatever is your opinion just jot in down below.

Biggest hurdles : Pakistan, Burma, Tibet (currently part of Imperial People's republic of China) and surprisingly the newly anti-india Thailand.

-Update Dec 2k15-

Please watch this video of Ex Cricketer and current Pakistani politician; Imran khan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwyCuDqv58

Mr Imran Khan talks about pesky issues that prevent any positive discussion to move forward and he briefly describes what is lacking in the leadership of both of our countries. To quote him 'A man does not become great with just his talents or qualifications, he becomes great when he has a great vision'.

I completely agree with Mr Khan's viewpoint here, he clearly says that if India and Pakistan are to move forward and have sustained peace then there needs to be a leader that has a great vision for both these countries. Obviously there will be a vested interest in keeping the things as they are currently and there will be opposition and challenges to overcome if one is to go up against the status-quo.
But to overcome these small pesky hurdles and look beyond what our countries can achieve in the future if they work together is beyond anything that anyone of us can comprehend.

He talks about open borders and letting India access Central Asia through Pakistan and that is a HUGE statement coming from a pakistani politician.

In my opinion, free trade and open borders and joint policing and administration of Kashmir would be a huge leap forward. Keep in mind Mr Khan did NOT talk about this joint administration thing its just my thought.

Pages:
Jump to: