Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 122. (Read 529056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Yup, their new T&C definitely point to the likelihood that the systems will be lower spec than they'd hoped--but who knows, maybe they'll be faster.. right?

As was pointed out awhile back, for them to reach the claimed 10-fold increase in speed, they'd need more chips than they likely ordered, and of course supplimentary hardware. It makes sense they're dialing back the expectations, and have been really hush the last few weeks on hashrate. Afterall, throwing more chips at something doesn't help if there's no gear to support them.

Throwing more chips at something definitely won't help if there are no chips to throw

~L)L~

Activity: 728
Merit: 501
i didnt sign up for all this headache
copper member
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
As a paying Customer, I have been banned again for asking pertinent questions:

Now its going to be:

Distance Selling Regulations, Small Claims Court, High Court, High Court Sheriff.
It's my intended route as well. Do you want company on your journey? Wink

What are the experiences of other people? Paypal apparently refuses to refund, so should I try the CC chargeback right away? Or small claims court? I always wanted to know how that works! Yuipee!

Also, retro72 posted a summary of what went wrong and some links to legal advice/bits, but I can't find the link right now. Can anyone post the link to it? This thread is getting a bit unwieldy!

Have stored this yo, its from retro.
---------------

Below is a great site about one guys experience using Money Claim Online. (https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome)

http://www.howtotakesomeonetocourt.info/joomla/

If your claim is under £10,000 it can be heard in absentia. Although you must state this is how you wish to proceed in your claim. Once the claim is made, Alpha will be notified within 2 working days and will have 14 days to respond. If they do not dispute the case, or respond you will be awarded a judgement by default and Alpha will be ordered to pay you in full.

If Alpha choose to dispute the claim they will also be saddled with court costs WHEN they lose. These will be substantial on multiple claims. I would suggest you coordinate your claims so Alpha are bombarded with many claims at once.

Your case, if you are a consumer should be based on the UK Distance Selling Regulations but you should also build a case for breach of contract if Alpha do not deliver by the 31st July (10 weeks after final payment was asked for) and because they have not notified their customers of the exact shipping date, as stated in their contract. Also you could also make a case for them not supplying "frequent" updates with videos/images, as this was also in their contract.

If you are a business you are not covered by the DSR so your case will have to be built around breach of contract.

I would suggest all claimants communicate and coordinate via PM as Fiaz monitors this site.

Or you could just sidestep the courts and unleash the debt collectors on to them. Cost: 15% of recovered funds. No win no fee.

http://www.debt-collection-service.co.uk/#

I don't know how effective these guys are but they might be worth a try

--------------

I should probably add for those who are not in the UK and are considering using Money claim online you will need a service address. This is an address in the UK where mail is sent, then forwarded on to you. Here is one such company, I have never used them so check them out yourselves but they do forward mail internationally and accept personal as well as business customers.

http://www.cityaddress.co.uk/index.html
----
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
does the original terms say the terms can be changed at any time or that we would be viewed as a buisness?

• Their T&C as of 9.2.2014 stated “UK customers pay added VAT (on final payment)”. We are not business, that's absolutely clear.
    Offtopic, even KnC may have difficulties to defend their claim that all customers are businesses in court, as many have paid VAT and no proof was asked for.

Just to clarify in the UK if businesses are VAT registered then they can add VAT to an invoice regardless if you are business or personal customer. Obviously if you are a business customer and are also VAT registered it is to your benefit as you can claim this VAT back. If you are not a business or are a business but not VAT registered you are unable to claim this back.

I saved their whole web page on 5th January including their ToS. Here is it: http://tinyurl.com/kud9kth

wow your the hero of the day haha.

it does not say , we can change this without consent, so i did not agree to changing the terms.

it does not say i am a buisness (which im not). so by Distance selling Regulations law i can get a 100% refund,without breach of contrac (which they did do with a minimum of 5 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100
does the original terms say the terms can be changed at any time or that we would be viewed as a buisness?

haha, what do you think? make a wild guess

does anyone have a screenshot or copy of the original T&Cs?
Look one page back and Jomay check your PM.
Thanks a lot retro72, very much appreciated and the information you have sent to me will come in handy.

Regarding other Q's on here:
  • Wayback machine http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://alpha-t.net/terms-order/ is your friend when looking up old/previous T&C or website statements.
  • T&C's cannot be changed retroactively without both parties explicitly consenting to it.
  • Their T&C as of 9.2.2014 stated “UK customers pay added VAT (on final payment)”. We are not business, that's absolutely clear.
    Offtopic, even KnC may have difficulties to defend their claim that all customers are businesses in court, as many have paid VAT and no proof was asked for.
  • If you dig through your email updates from Alpha you'll find loads of broken promises. In fact, it clearly shows that the people in charge are very young and immature when it comes to running a business. Shame on me for not noticing earlier.
Activity: 381
PRiVCY

so since they started asking for the remaining balance on 5/22 and original T&C says "Balance payment of 70% shall be collected 8-10 weeks before shipment date". They breach it if they happen to cancel any order for not closing the balance.

i posted this to their forum and it got instantly deleted, wow fiaz, you are achieving a new record now arent you?
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
I saved their whole web page on 5th January including their ToS. Here is it: http://tinyurl.com/kud9kth
Activity: 714

Now its going to be:

Distance Selling Regulations, Small Claims Court, High Court, High Court Sheriff.

What are the experiences of other people? Paypal apparently refuses to refund, so should I try the CC chargeback right away? Or small claims court? I always wanted to know how that works! Yuipee!

Also, retro72 posted a summary of what went wrong and some links to legal advice/bits, but I can't find the link right now. Can anyone post the link to it? This thread is getting a bit unwieldy!

You told Paypal that this was a pre-order which is against their terms (from what I remember how people got their $ back in TerraHash fiasco), right?

Yes.  PayPal does not allow the selling of products that have an unreasonable future ship date.  Here are a list of falg that PayPal uses to freeze merchants that violate their terms...

* >1% monthly volume chargeback rate
* >1% monthly volume refund rate
* too many payment disputes
* violating the terms of service (including what types of products may not be sold through PayPal)
* selling products or services with known high chargeback rates
* a sudden increase in processing volume
* a sale an order of magnitude larger than your average ticket
* accepting payment too far in advance of shipping a product or providing a service

You should be able to get your money back if Alpha Tech is right and PayPal has frozen their funding.
PRiVCY

so since they started asking for the remaining balance on 5/22 and original T&C says "Balance payment of 70% shall be collected 8-10 weeks before shipment date". They breach it if they happen to cancel any order for not closing the balance.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250

PRiVCY

the original terms dont seem to say the terms can be changed at any time or that we would be viewed as a buisness.

so i have never agreed to those things.

im not a buisness, so the Distance selling Regulations apply to me by law.

I have been patient,but this 30% stock has pushed me over the edge,so i have investigated.

by their own admissions we can be a non buisness entity.please note the word individuals.

i am very patient and reasonable, but i never agreed to terms beeing changed at their disgression,nor being viewed as a buisness entity. im not a UK resident, European law applys to me.

Fiaz even said on their forum ""Firstly, your terms can not be retrospectively changed, the terms you accept are the terms that apply to you, any changes after you place your order are for new customers only.""

does anybody have a screenshot of this statement?

PRiVCY
just found their mail asking for the remainder of the payment, it was sent on 5/22.

i am really curious how this compares to their X weeks before shipment promise and when they were informed tapeout failed.

Dear valued customer,

We're happy to inform you that development is on track.
Therefore, it is now time to collect the remainder of the funds for your order(s).

Attached you will find the invoice for your order. Please pay the invoice by logging in to the secured "My Account" section on our website, where you will find an "Pending" order for the amount due.

Please note: A new order number has been created for the final payment. However, this number does not refer to your place in the queue! Shipping is still based on your earliest order number.

Should you have any questions, concerns or problems: please do feel free to contact us! We would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank you for your patience and support during development.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Kind regards,
Accounting Team
Alpha Technology

You told Paypal that this was a pre-order which is against their terms (from what I remember how people got their $ back in TerraHash fiasco), right?
No, it was an assumption from my side. Might be worth a try, but other people on here said it didn't work.
So far I have only drafted a letter to Alpha Technology and set them a deadline.
Activity: 655
Merit: 504
You wan chili saus?
I cant believe that these Kids (Fiaz and the other guy) think they will get away with all this. Hostility and banning people is not going to fix their business.

I wander how many people will pay the remaing 70% after this stunt - 10 people perhaps? It would be quicker just to burn the money.

EDIT - BTW, Paypal have rejected my claim as its over 45 days. Interesting that A-T state Paypal are withholding funds then. I am going to push Paypal a bit more before going to the CC Company. I think I will sour my Paypal account if I get a chargeback as Paypal will have to bite it anyway.

Dispute with the credit card company, I did that and got 100% of my deposit back.
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

Now its going to be:

Now its going to be:

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Please let us know the result of your claim. If Alpha won't refund and this case goes to court and you win we have a perfect precedent and any other customer can go through this process without having any fear to loose the claiming fees.

But if you aren't quick there will be no money left or the company will be wound up.

I would suggest anyone that wants their money back starts right now before you get error 404 from the forum rather than the you are banned message.

I will keep everyone updated here on how I do with my claim.
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
Please let us know the result of your claim. If Alpha won't refund and this case goes to court and you win we have a perfect precedent and any other customer can go through this process without having any fear to loose the claiming fees.
Jump to: