Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 124. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I just posted this on the Alpha Forum... But I don't think it will last there long, so I am posting it here...

Alpha, you ask us to trust you, yet every time I turn around, something negative shows up.  I'm speaking of the customers INVOICE.   I ask EVERYONE to look at your INVOICE.  Alpha lists everyone's DEPOSIT,  NOT as a deposit ,  but as an  " ORDER DISCOUNT". 
           When it comes TAX time,  just try listing an " ORDER DISCOUNT" as an expense.  I's sure that Alpha has some screwed up reason  for  listing  a " DEPOSIT " as an "ORDER DISCOUNT" ,  but I don't believe it is in the best interest of the customer. ( Maybe it's because you can't REFUND a DISOUNT.)
     If you are going to take my money... At least let me be able to deduct it from my Taxes . Call a DEPOSIT, a DEPOSIT.
These people are lying sacks of - They tell lies to distract us while the whole time they are planning to steal from us. That is what defines a scam. They knew that they were not going to meet any of the shipping deadlines and they didn't just find out about it either, they knew! These sneaky pirates absolutely knew they weren't going to ship or even close to having a product, yet they requested the final payment right away giving the impression that we were ready to rock and roll! When people were hesitant because things were not adding up, Alpha put the pressure lies to work - "Those that don't pay in the 2 week period will lose everything". Anyone on the forum saying "wait a minute here" were banned. It was the credit card companies that saved us (thank Searing and others for that). When the credit card companies slammed on the breaks the lies started coming out of the woodwork. Alpha banned me from their site for asking legit customer questions. Banning was their way to keep the lies from being questioned. That was a very well written and carefully worded "manifesto" Alpha just emailed but I'm not going to fall for the old banana in the tailpipe trick again. I will never visit their forum again. They are going to have to send me official email that I can hold them to. I don't care what they have to say on their forum, they talk out of both sides of their mouth and writing as several different users. That's what sneaks do. The first thing a liar does is try to convince you he's not lying. And the goal of a thief.... well Alpha, I will not turn my back on you again.

Alpha has re-worded their documents carefully. When it suits them they change words. They see some benefit to themselves by wording the down payment that way on their site.
Can you write the 30% loss off as a hobbyist or would you have to own a business to get the write off? I'm just a hobbyist. I paid 30% by bank wire - £ 2040. I have requested a refund but got the same standard reply as everyone else. -M
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
They have failed, use any means to get your money back people.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Yup, their new T&C definitely point to the likelihood that the systems will be lower spec than they'd hoped--but who knows, maybe they'll be faster.. right?

As was pointed out awhile back, for them to reach the claimed 10-fold increase in speed, they'd need more chips than they likely ordered, and of course supplimentary hardware. It makes sense they're dialing back the expectations, and have been really hush the last few weeks on hashrate. Afterall, throwing more chips at something doesn't help if there's no gear to support them.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
The current version of their T&Cs clearly sets the groundwork for clawing back the 50/250mhs promises.

We guarantee that on delivery and for at least the duration of the warranty period the products will comply with the specification set out on their product page, including (if used properly) achieving at least the specified hashrate (18 Mh/s or 90 Mh/s as appropriate).

So the spec says 50/250 but the T&Cs say 18/90. The T&C also say:

"Be advised that due to the nature of their development our products are subject to change and the final device may be different to what was advertised to you whether on our site or elsewhere."

And finally, the biggest out of all:

We hope shipping will start in the second or third quarter of 2014.

But hey, you can have 30% if you'd just all shut up and send us your money !

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I don't want to read 30 pages of replies, but can someone give me a quick update on this company? Are they doing as they promised?

* Failed to provide credit card payment methods as promised (lasted 4 days before it was revoked for suspicion reasons)
* Refuses to provide trasnparency, as promised
* Failed their planned shipping date and their "worst case" shipping date
* Still has no physical product, only theories
* Failed first tape-out
* Refuses to provide customer service
* Claims that they are on track for shipping date #3, sometime at the end of September
* Wants folks to buy more miners and pay more money
* Hasn't made progress in accessory hardware design since March/April
* They don't even have a metal case to put the equipment in. Plain sheet metal. They don't have it.

I mean, I could go on, but that's the honest summary right now.

I appreciate the response. Yeah... doesn't seem like someone I'd give my money to. I hope the people who preordered from them get refunds/product soon.
I don't want to read 30 pages of replies, but can someone give me a quick update on this company? Are they doing as they promised?

* Failed to provide credit card payment methods as promised (lasted 4 days before it was revoked for suspicion reasons)
* Refuses to provide trasnparency, as promised
* Failed their planned shipping date and their "worst case" shipping date
* Still has no physical product, only theories
* Failed first tape-out
* Refuses to provide customer service
* Claims that they are on track for shipping date #3, sometime at the end of September
* Wants folks to buy more miners and pay more money
* Hasn't made progress in accessory hardware design since March/April
* They don't even have a metal case to put the equipment in. Plain sheet metal. They don't have it.

I mean, I could go on, but that's the honest summary right now.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1060
It is rather amusing, the imagery conjured up is one of negotiations going on in the back alley of some Souk somewhere, where one parties is screaming the other is hushing him down, "please please we are in this together we are friends" flailing hands and all, then the angry party calms down and the instigator's voice begins to rise and around and around they go until they settle on whatever it is a bushel of dates or a sack of tea that is causing all of this. All today electronically in real time over the internet.
Activity: 714
I just posted this on the Alpha Forum... But I don't think it will last there long, so I am posting it here...

Alpha, you ask us to trust you, yet every time I turn around, something negative shows up.  I'm speaking of the customers INVOICE.   I ask EVERYONE to look at your INVOICE.  Alpha lists everyone's DEPOSIT,  NOT as a deposit ,  but as an  " ORDER DISCOUNT". 
           When it comes TAX time,  just try listing an " ORDER DISCOUNT" as an expense.  I's sure that Alpha has some screwed up reason  for  listing  a " DEPOSIT " as an "ORDER DISCOUNT" ,  but I don't believe it is in the best interest of the customer. ( Maybe it's because you can't REFUND a DISOUNT.)
     If you are going to take my money... At least let me be able to deduct it from my Taxes . Call a DEPOSIT, a DEPOSIT.

Just as I suspected,  this post didn't last on the Alpha site for all of 10 minutes...

So much for turning a new leaf.  Same old Alpha Tech. Still deleting posts.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
Tampering with evidence again are they ?
Activity: 84

Alpha, you ask us to trust you, yet every time I turn around, something negative shows up.  I'm speaking of the customers INVOICE.   I ask EVERYONE to look at your INVOICE.  Alpha lists everyone's DEPOSIT,  NOT as a deposit ,  but as an  " ORDER DISCOUNT".  
           When it comes TAX time,  just try listing an " ORDER DISCOUNT" as an expense.  I's sure that Alpha has some screwed up reason  for  listing  a " DEPOSIT " as an "ORDER DISCOUNT" ,  but I don't believe it is in the best interest of the customer. ( Maybe it's because you can't REFUND a DISOUNT.)

Just as I suspected,  this post didn't last on the Alpha site for all of 10 minutes...

Here is a copy:

http://imgur.com/CezJsvI

The funny thing is that Fiaz started to delete his own posts as well. He went into deleting frenzy mode again.  Grin
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

The "order discount" thing could be seen a few different ways, but based on their history and how they've treated people, I would say the most likely is that they chose that phrase on purpose, so they could try and pull the rug out from under folks who want refunds.

And to cheat on taxes.  Smiley
The "order discount" thing could be seen a few different ways, but based on their history and how they've treated people, I would say the most likely is that they chose that phrase on purpose, so they could try and pull the rug out from under folks who want refunds.

The most glaring thing from that stinking update, to me, is that they're saying if you haven't paid in full, you've pretty much forfeited your deposit and your machine will now be resold. This is after they refused to talk to inquiring customers about the stauts of their order, and on ways to pay for their system, and then failed to provide promised methods of payment.

In other words, they outright stole 30% from people.

Next, key in on their interview with coindesk, where they claimed that the deposits were enough to pay for the systems in whole. If this is true, they have fully-paid scrypt mining farm, and may never ship to you folks, and will just make bank off of the equipment until such time it's useless and then sell it at a high cost. This is exactly what BFL did does.

Very good notice!
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Thing about transparency.

http://imgur.com/vBJ6VBO

He started to talk like a kind of dictator to "ungrateful" people.

Many calls about showing any proof that the tape-out took place actually - unanswered.
Fiaz: "After feedback from the foundry we now know our chips will perform at a minimum of 1.4 M/hs, we originally advertised 1.2 Mh/s as the lowest possible fully expecting some manner of increase."

just fucking lol, so chips made then yeah?

Lies & more lies. Exactly the same they are doing right now.
Activity: 109
You guys best option is to try and report to Action Fraud:

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

You will get nowhere in small claims or with other private legal action if AT refuse to cooperate.

Has anyone visited this address (the old registered office - but clearly residential):

3 MOTCOMBE FARM ROAD
HEALD GREEN
CHEADLE
CHESHIRE
SK8 3RW

Some recently filed documents to CH (save you the $$ paying to get them, PM me for more)
Based on this file it looks like they might have been considering this share option for some time? I'm not a lawyer, perhaps it is linked to the 10%. Over one month ago they were discussing issuing shares to people?
http://postimg.org/image/69tmfonzn/
Also SH01:
http://postimg.org/image/myzkqajb9/
http://postimg.org/image/o2jp293yd/

The law firm they are using is Gately LLP, contact name is Leigh Whittaker http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/leigh-whittaker/28/417/108 at
Ship Canal House
98 King Street
Manchester
M2 4WU

Tele# +44 161 836 7700

Maybe give him a ring about share issue?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Fiaz: "After feedback from the foundry we now know our chips will perform at a minimum of 1.4 M/hs, we originally advertised 1.2 Mh/s as the lowest possible fully expecting some manner of increase."

just fucking lol, so chips made then yeah?
Jump to: