Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 127. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Heh...

American Express was very interested in the coindesk article on alpha tech

better start considering them refunds alpha

here is the link for use with your own disputes with cc companies or whatever

http://www.coindesk.com/alpha-technology-blames-paypal-dispute-bitcoin-asic-delivery-delay/

thanks to whoever flag'd down www.coindesk.com on this

Searing

a well written and informational piece, with logic and proper investigation and wording.
All the trolls here can take a lesson from it

After speaking to paypal yesterday the advisor quoted that they are not with holding funds
from alpha technology. So i do not understand why alpha tech would say this.
and hi bumface

copper member
Activity: 658
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Not easy to do it at a local police station, me from Austria oO

No, i will check retros posts and links, have to read a lot. As far as i know me, i will file a claim on each site retro provided.  Cool  No, i have to sort out the most reliable site, well, i think all of them are kind of reliable, so then i have to find the most promising.

Yea DSR violation is the reason.
legendary
Activity: 1513
Merit: 1040
2 days left to pay my demanded refund. Then im going to file a claim.
Where do you file it? Local police station? Reason: fraud/DSR violation?
If they are interested to put some cases together, you should provide us your case no.
copper member
Activity: 658
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
2 days left to pay my demanded refund. Then im going to file a claim.
Activity: 616
Their life would be easier if they just didn't have a forum, or locked it out entirely, until such time as they had anything other than small tweets for updates.
Activity: 381
Merit: 100
PRiVCY

hahaha this pic never ceases to give me a laugh
on other bnews the forum is deleted again, all posts gone
Activity: 138
Retro is spot on with the shares situation.

My initial thought on how they'd hoped to accomplish it was simply by telling folks there will be X shares at Y price, which will give you Z hold on the company returns--simply because that's the easiest way to delude people to bite off on another chunk of air.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I have no idea what that means

Just a good movie.   Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
I have no idea what that means
i wonder what this upcoming update is about. Hopefully the free cloudhash is back,effective imeadiatly

jeez.... the prince of tides caught a brain wave again....
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
i wonder what this upcoming update is about. Hopefully the free cloudhash is back,effective imeadiatly

The announcement will come "soon".
The Update itself a few days-weeks-months later.  Wink

What's wrong with that guy? Couldn't he simply STFU until he has the announcement ready? After everything their customers went trough he should be treated with a strong electric impulse for any usage of words like: soon, any day now, should, hope, suppose, believe, tomorrow, next week, on track - and my personal favourite - rest assured. Rest in peace sucker! Show anything to proof you are not lying again. Show the invoices from the foundry! Forget that future exists - it is only past and present.

Sorry, I went berserk I suppose.  Undecided

He thinks it is a game. So he can delete everything and start fresh with a new character. Fiaz this is not f.... Chrono Trigger, this is life, you can not reset the counter.

Activity: 87
The announcement will come "soon".
The Update itself a few days-weeks-months later.  Wink
PRiVCY
so when exactly is this "tomorrow" coming when the new shocking announcement be out?
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
So it is true then.  Fiaz is defending the shares for profits model on this thread.  He isn't denying it and is going so far to as to defend it.  Good job letting the cat out of the bag.   Oh Fiaz.  Whaaaaa whaaaa whaaaaaaaa.

In order to spare people the monstrous size of the files here is the link to the screen
http://imageupper.com/s02/1/4/N140667240152594_1.png

Surprse, surprise. That thread has now been deleted.
Fiaz Malik
Administrator
Re: Can I include my paid Viper in the cloud mining?

« Reply #4 on: Today at 05:19:28 PM »

I deleted that thread as it was completely derailed from the OP's original post, please calm down people. The update will be announced soon and we can all discuss it together, in the meantime there isn't much else to say. I will probably delete the posts in this thread that have nothing to do with the OP's question.

Couldn't just move them no?
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
a well written and informational piece, with logic and proper investigation and wording.

It is decent, but it uses some source info linked to AT's website which, as we all know, can (and has) been manipulated. I'm really interested in the tidbit in the article where AT claims to have notified everyone July 15th about the inability to ship in July. They were telling folks even up till last week that it was possible. They link to a now-edited section of AT's website.

Overall a great article, which does nothing but summarize what myself and 2 others have said. In fact, some of it is verbatim.

Folks looking into refunds and legal action should pay particular notice to the last few paragraphs where AT claims they don't violate UK law, because they classify the purchases as business purchases. Their *only* support for this, comes through a blogpost which talks about a decision which occured 3-4 months *AFTER* sales opened and initially closed. Ergo, their claim will fall short in court because the purchases were made prior to the opinion piece. They also lack things such as: requiring you provide your business information, and referring to you as a business anywhere.

For folks taking legal action, keep the pressure on. Their story is falling apart day by day.

They also claim that with just 30% of total funding, they had all money required to ship final products. Well, if that's the case, maybe Alpha should just ship based on what's been paid, and not ask for anything else. That might be at least a decent way to treat people after they've been subjected to virtual sodomy.

That would be the ethical thing to do. But we know that's not going to happen. Alpha are as poor as a church mouse and this one last desperate cash grab to stop them going under. It will be interesting to see what info they release to their would be shareholders. To make an informed decision they will need.

Detailed Financials. Including how much was invested by the Akrams and other shareholders, Company debts, Assets, IP, creditors and debtors.

Detailed business plan. Showing how the current management team aim to take this company forward from it's current near bankrupt state to future profitability.

A detailed report from their "leading UK law firm" laying out their advice that customers are not consumers. Their new share holders do not want to be liable for any law suits that befall the company if this advice isn't legally sound or doesn't exist.

A detailed report from Dexcel, Global foundries and other external component suppliers. This should lay out the costs and time scales required to complete production AND detail when and how first tapeout broke down

A detailed breakdown of the share split/ profit share, explaining whether customers will have an appointed representative on the board, their voting rights and crucially their stake in the company. If, as I suspect the customers have invested vastly more money than the current shareholders (Akram and Laurus) they should have a vastly larger share of the pie, probably in the order of 80% equity. I'd be very surprised if Mohammed Akram has invested more than £10k for his 90% stake. But I really don't see the customers getting anywhere near this.

They will also need a plan for dealing with disgruntled customers and former customers. If they have any sense they will refund in full all customers that don't want to take part in this experiment, as a disgruntled block of voting shareholders will destroy the company, as will years of litigation.

However you slice it this whole thing is a complicated mess. Personally I don't think the customers will get any of the above.  As it would expose Alpha to the harsh light of truth and many awkward questions will be answered and lies revealed.

As is typical of Alpha there has been no thought into this and they are probably putting it together as we speak. A plan this complicated should require weeks of legal counsel, contract negotiations and planning, for what is essentially a customer buyout. But knowing Alpha they dreamt this up on Monday cobbled it together on Tuesday to present to their customers on Wednesday.

They will no doubt present it as some groundbreaking proposal of self sacrifice, and you should be grateful you aren't just getting a 5mh/s miner anytime they feel like it, as per their T&Cs. This will be wrapped up in half truths and lies to lead you away from the fact that you are getting a pretty shabby deal, taking all the risk, with the minimum of rewards, to support a company that is financially on its last legs.
PRiVCY

It is decent, but it uses some source info linked to AT's website which, as we all know, can (and has) been manipulated. I'm really interested in the tidbit in the article where AT claims to have notified everyone July 15th about the inability to ship in July. They were telling folks even up till last week that it was possible. They link to a now-edited section of AT's website.

true, this update was called (and the linked section is still is) "payment processor update" with no mention of the delay.

there is not a single mention of the tape out failure in the whole article.

the guy has no problems lying about everything.

this is not the least bit ethical.

fiaz, please dont ban me Wink

Overall a great article, which does nothing but summarize what myself and 2 others have said. In fact, some of it is verbatim.

Folks looking into refunds and legal action should pay particular notice to the last few paragraphs where AT claims they don't violate UK law, because they classify the purchases as business purchases. Their *only* support for this, comes through a blogpost which talks about a decision which occured 3-4 months *AFTER* sales opened and initially closed. Ergo, their claim will fall short in court because the purchases were made prior to the opinion piece. They also lack things such as: requiring you provide your business information, and referring to you as a business anywhere.

For folks taking legal action, keep the pressure on. Their story is falling apart day by day.

They also claim that with just 30% of total funding, they had all money required to ship final products. Well, if that's the case, maybe Alpha should just ship based on what's been paid, and not ask for anything else. That might be at least a decent way to treat people after they've been subjected to virtual sodomy.
Activity: 812
Alpha T is vaporware and im calling it since day 1.

Can't believe how many retards fell for this super obvious scam.
Jump to: