Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 29. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
In Europe it's even worse, since we pay around $0,35 per KWh of electricity.
Mining Litecoin after power costs will lose you over $4 a day.
And due to more difficulty that amount rises each day...
I still don't understand how it's possible that people are still mining coins, even with free power, you would make more money working at McDonalds than spending time on mining....

Happy New Years to all, and especially to those screwed by Alpha-Sprouts Tech.

Even if you had your Vipers and they actually ran to spec, the 250Mh/s unit would be earning a whopping $8.17 after paying $4.50 for power (assuming 0.10 per KWH). Calculating a 10% increase in difficulty each month means you have no hope of ever seeing a return on your investment. Besides, these numbers are assuming you have the units in hand. After waiting another 6 months for them to run out of excuses and finally ship their product, they will essentially be worthless.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1080

Even if you had your Vipers and they actually ran to spec, the 250Mh/s unit would be earning a whopping $8.17 after paying $4.50 for power (assuming 0.10 per KWH). Calculating a 10% increase in difficulty each month means you have no hope of ever seeing a return on your investment. Besides, these numbers are assuming you have the units in hand. After waiting another 6 months for them to run out of excuses and finally ship their product, they will essentially be worthless.

thank you for this worthless comment contribution to this thread to make us Alpha-t customers who are already getting fucked think about it even more...

happy new year to you too lol
Activity: 27
I'm personally not expecting a shipping date until at least the 50mhs units are costing $.0.01 more to run than they can mine.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Happy with all good and peace in the new year.  Wink Cheesy Grin
And personally for Mohammed Mubasher Akram wish what would you died like a dog. Black stinking filth.   Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
Have these scammers delivered anything yet besides excuses on more delays?

They've been delivering nothing but forum bans.  Wink
Sadly Correct, they ban me for saying they are scammers in January 2014
Can't they just use any old bitcoin client wallet? Why this BitPay in the first place? Next they will ask you to send the funds via Western Union through Nigeria, or have you send cash through the mail. LOL
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Weren't they also in jeopardy with their bank institution a few months back? There was an investigation launched, and they were then unable to process any wires after that point.

So, if true:

* No bank capabilities for receiving money
* No credit card capabilities
* No paypal
* No bitpay

^-- All were guaranteed methods to customers, and now they have none of them.

Hand them cash in an alley and hope they don't rob you of your shoes.
Activity: 23
AT won't collect a penny of fresh money anymore.
If their miners will ever finish production and make 250MH without setting on fire, the won't even ROI the import tax.
So even if you paid in full it's smarter to write off your entire amount.
New people will also only buy a 250MH unit under a $1,000, so the current miners are completely worthless on the open market.
Will AT ever be successful, the have to desgin a new miner with aleast a 90% lower price per MH if it can be currently delivered, or 99% lower if it takes another 6 months and so on.
Also they will never sell any pre orders again...
I think the whole mining ponzi scheme is long over anyway.
Bitpay.com

Due to the volume of customer complaints received, BitPay has suspended Alpha-T's invoice processing capabilities until these complaints have been resolved.

if Bitpay blocked their account and Paypal also blocked through interesting that they will take 70% of the remaining money.
They don't even care enough to spew lies at us. We are so low down on the tot tam poll we get nothings, not even scraps.

Lie to us, give us something to ridicule, I don't have money or orders at stake with Alpha-Sprouts run by Mohamed, Mohamed, Mohamed, and Mohamed. Did I leave any out? What do these people think all other names are taken? A bunch of freaking fruitcakes, probably not even of legal age evident from their incredibly poor judgment.
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

They've been delivering nothing but forum bans.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
I wonder if they are paying Dexcel off that way to get them off their back.  Then they can deploy in impunity.  Hmmm
Even if they shipped their POS miners what use are they? They can't get a return on investment. Heck, at best they may earn 5-10% back if you mined with them. Most people are looking at paying a VAT tax much higher than that. So, what use are they? What a shame, they could have kept us filled in at every failure along the road and we would have been more forgiving, patient, and loyal to them. We've all been there and understand shit happens. But, no, they chose to keep everyone in the dark and leave us all guessing and imaginations running rampant. At least if they'd clued us on in along the way we'd know what was happening and not accusing them of living it up on their new mega yacht, or running a massive Scrypt ASIC farm with everyone's paid hardware. Many ways to hide the hash rate. Just use a multi pool, which is what they were using by the way.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 728
Merit: 501
still a clusterfuck i see
I think all this fekom how to think how many people will pay 70% after the new year. I think 0
copper member
Activity: 658
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Nice, they are providing username and password of their mining pool account.
legendary
Activity: 854
"It has taken longer than expected for our design team/aggregators to complete its test solution."

Never seen or heard that in this type of business before.  Oh wait, that's nearly every single ASIC designer out there.

This statement is exactly the reason why pre-ordering from an unknown entity is so stupid in the face of ROI time constraints.  It's nothing but gambling and funding development, which is why i don't feel half-sorry for all the individuals who did put money toward these products and lost out.  I try not to blame the victim(s), but seriously, what can people expect these days given the general history / track record of ASIC manufacturers up to this point? 
Activity: 616
They've had chips since the end of September. It doesn't take this long to map memory and get things working unless there's been a lot, and I mean, a lot, of failure or it's been a low priority with the firm creating the system. This update just goes back to what has been said before, more changes and departures from what was originally orders as a design, and more issues with the process.

They can't claim to be the most efficient delivered system, which was a money-back guarantee of theirs--so was delivering before any of their Scrypt competition. 15 boards won't physically fit in the case they designed, unless premature component failure isn't a concern for them--the case was originally designed for fewer boards. Delays out of their control are still delays, and their shipment has been pushed into some vague 2015 timeframe. Again.

Their company name has apparently changed (again), at least they're providing a registered address this time. Also check out one of their other lies. In the update they say that from the start they were a virtual company with no physical presence for their staff. Outright lie, as in the beginning they stated their office and invited anyone to come visit them with questions or to see the progress of their work. They also state the only official means of contact is via their filtered email. In the beginning, the promised customer support through phone, email and forum.

While some of the components are definitely "over-engineered" (which I like), they can't keep saying they're not failing to meet deadlines or breaking promises. There's literally no part of their original word which hasn't been broken, and by the time these deliver (March?), few people are going to want to pay the customs fees, much less taxes, or even plug them in--and I'm sure they'll be happy to use them until such point as they can be resold, since most of them are already paid-for.

Guess we'll be waiting until next month to see the next part of this drama.
Pages:
Jump to: