Pages:
Author

Topic: Alpha Technology Litecoin (Scrypt) ASIC Miner Order Batch 1 Now! - page 26. (Read 529056 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I got a letter from Action Fraud on Friday it said they have found sufficient viable lines of enquiry and have passed a report on to Greater Manchester Police for investigation.

I would suggest any Alpha customers contact Action Fraud or GMP directly and file a case as its pretty clear now that Alpha have done a bunk with your money and miners. You can only hope the long arm of the law catches up with them and they face financial ruin, prison or both.

Great news, do you have a case number or reference number we can use when starting communicating with them? Also is there any e-mail address where these complaints can be send?

Check your PM. If anyone else would like the info PM me.

Thank you, submitting my orders/payment details towards them right now.
Activity: 433
Merit: 250
I got a letter from Action Fraud on Friday it said they have found sufficient viable lines of enquiry and have passed a report on to Greater Manchester Police for investigation.

I would suggest any Alpha customers contact Action Fraud or GMP directly and file a case as its pretty clear now that Alpha have done a bunk with your money and miners. You can only hope the long arm of the law catches up with them and they face financial ruin, prison or both.

Great news, do you have a case number or reference number we can use when starting communicating with them? Also is there any e-mail address where these complaints can be send?

Check your PM. If anyone else would like the info PM me.
Activity: 42

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
That's good news retro; good luck to all.

In the time since they claim to have been assembling and tweaking miners, until present day, they could've taped-out another batch of miners and shipped them. Yes folks, it's been almost 4 months.

It's been well beyond a month since their last update, which was a pittance of words in which they declared they were still piddling with solutions to their gear which they discovered prior to that.

For the first time in a year, they have broken their pattern of at least 1 update a month. They've also gone entirely silent on their own forum, and apparently stopped moderation. Some folks claim to have gone to their newly-filed physical address but it doesn't exist. Couple this with their attempts to sever all physical access and contact, as well as electronic, and you're left with few other speculative ideas ...

I tried using the PayPal successful claim numbers several times without luck.  Each time I mentioned one, they just said they couldn't comment on other people's cases.  After a few tries they told me I would have to have my lawyer reach out to their lawyers via mail and gave me an address.

On October 27th, 2014 I filed a complaint with Fifth Third bank on my Debit Card.  After the Post Office, or so Fifth Third claims, lost my forms twice they finally got all the information the needed on December 4th.  On January 14th I got a letter saying they are unable to assist me.

I would keep pushing it. Alpha-Tech changed their official business name and address recently, December I believe. They also don't have lawyers, at least as has been reported.

They've also dropped off the map, and have broken their original contract. The original contract contained wording, even up until fall, that said you'd always be able to contact them via phone and drop into their physical location. They have officially retracted customer support entirely--including by phone, and no longer have a "physical" location.

PayPal, IMO, should be brought under laundering charges by supporting these fraudulent business practices. Afterall, they launched their own investigation back in May/June, and immediately suspended/cancelled their accounts with AlphaTec.

You need to reach senior management, the lower-level call support won't get the job done.
Activity: 3
I tried using the PayPal successful claim numbers several times without luck.  Each time I mentioned one, they just said they couldn't comment on other people's cases.  After a few tries they told me I would have to have my lawyer reach out to their lawyers via mail and gave me an address.

On October 27th, 2014 I filed a complaint with Fifth Third bank on my Debit Card.  After the Post Office, or so Fifth Third claims, lost my forms twice they finally got all the information the needed on December 4th.  On January 14th I got a letter saying they are unable to assist me.
Pending for months now (paypall and CC refund request). 

If you read back through this thread you should find some paypal dispute case #'s which had immediate refunds, and were being used by other folks to give to paypal customer service to show them that these cases aren't new, and it was helping folks gain refunds instantly.
Activity: 741
Pending for months now (paypall and CC refund request). 
I think there were a couple back in like May. I know there were a couple, just not positive on the timeframe.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
did anyone manage to claim back via Paypal?
I think its time to stick a fork in this one. Alpha are done.

A week without a post here and more than a month of silence from Alpha-T. Also BitPay has severed ties with them and cannot help (I paid in BTC from the US) Somebody really needs to find this guy.

Just out of interest. Have you taken Alpha/Mubasher to UK small claims court. If not, why?
If people would just use more logic/reasoning and consideration, there could be fewer victims. Also, listening to folks who point out obvious faults in business plans from startup-companies.
Activity: 13
Yup, got away, just like Alex Green and Mintpal/moolah...and many more scams.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
The Moss Side boys got away with it, eh ?
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
A week without a post here and more than a month of silence from Alpha-T. Also BitPay has severed ties with them and cannot help (I paid in BTC from the US) Somebody really needs to find this guy.
jip
Activity: 2
I'm at the point where I have to pay the court fees for UK Small Claim.
I was wondering if anyone who won a UK or European Small Claims procedure was able to force Alpha-T to pay or what you have done after winning the claim. Let a bailiff collect the amount ? Any luck Wink ?
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Wow, wemine biting the dust?  I remember when they were King Kong up when LTC was strong.  A sign of the times...
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
On their update page they showed they were mining at www.wemineall.com  Did anyone by chance grab a Screen Shot of the Hashing Power on that site that day?  Today they are only doing about 90Mhash...

legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
The problem is that if it is below $200, we will wait for it to be below 150, so on and on

$10

At $10 per BTC -- I'll buy one thousand -- maybe I'll get lucky and it will go up to $20.

With 3,600 new bitcoins being pulled out of thin air every 24 hours, due to mining, I' wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing collapses. No new money is going into BTC and a flood is being converted to fiat. We might get a repeat in a few years where the value sky rockets due some problem with the banking system. I might start steadily buying up BTC when it looks like it couldnt get any worse, however we are far from there at this point.  

As far as Alpha Sprouts Tech, they are not going to be able to survive these conditions. They haven't shipped anything and most likely never will. They are dead in the water and its plain as day for all to see.

I'd definitely buy a ton of BTC if it goes that low.  $10?  Load me up! 

Anyhow, Alpha-T likely had good intentions like any other start-up ASIC designer in the space - i don't believe they set out to scam people...but that's what happens when you blow delivery dates and people start pulling their orders.  It's a rough space to be in, and if your risk analysis is off you're effectively setting yourself up for failure because stuff always happens.

Oh well.  The next Alpha-T is likely forming to take more of peoples' $$$ Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: