Author

Topic: Alt coins worth buying - page 297. (Read 259617 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
December 26, 2015, 01:49:09 PM
For me it is Darkcoin/dash and litecoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
December 26, 2015, 12:21:46 PM
With 600+ Crypto's it is a big choice, which in turn takes a lot of time and research to look into.

Bata (BTA) has a resource page to help you with due diligence - http://www.bata.io/bata-bta-resources - draw your own conclusion.

It is also good advice from others - don't buy something because someone told you so.

faucet is the best way  or dice  Cheesy
December 26, 2015, 12:20:36 PM
Well... I think Doge is one of the more stable ones, isn't it? That's worth a buy IMO.

Doge, Dash and Monero are stable ones. They have established history. There are big user community.

i also like doge but it is not stable, highest price in the past nearly over 100 satoshi, later 75, but right now only around 30 satoshi  Wink
December 26, 2015, 12:18:51 PM
Ripple,Monero,Dash,Eth

dash & eth  Cheesy  i agree
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
December 26, 2015, 09:19:08 AM
I've been reading through this forums for the past few weeks and all I see is "this coin is dead" or "everything is a shit coin". Is there any alt coin with potential to invest in or is it only bitcoin? I don't mean like a few here and there, I mean over 100 coins.

no.

100's ? ..there is thousands of coins = they are all garbage.

when the new forum comes out soon they just delete the whole fucking ANN section !

EDIT:

I will literally grab some cash and light it on fire before i buy any faggy shit coins.. ALTCOINS ARE DEAD IDIOTS !

wake the fuck up it's 2016 guys.

Think i am kidding ?
I will wait till tomorrow then grab some cash and torch it for you and take pictures & post them ROFL
I'd rather light my cash on fire then give it to another douche who downloaded GitHub.zip

EDIT2:
Stay tuned in about 10 hours i will post here pic's of money i light on fire.. i will write ALTCOINS on the bill's too LOL

Like i said..

Note:
The Polymer Note didn't want to light up because of the winter cold (it's snowing in Canada)
But.. when it did catch on fire it took off fast and burned my fucking thumb while i frantically reached for my phone

You can see it says "Altcoins" like i said it would earlier and i added my name circled.

You guys are a heap of Boring Shill bullshit !
Look at page 1 here in ALT Main.
Look for what is happening in Altcoins.. NOTHING.
Bag holders chanting  XYZ Shit coin is good.
Risto's gay scammy forum games guys flogging a new coin for every user.
The Monero die hard's and the super ultra mega fucking scam fraud spam "Speculation" topic.
A whole lot of nothing !

Times are tough.. Risto the millionaire had to sell his prized Unicorn on his Retro City faggy forum game i reported for spamming way back.
I WOULD LITERALLY LIGHT MY FUCKING MONEY ON FIRE AND TAKE PICTURES THAN BUY FAGSTO"S UNICORN.

LieKE Omg Shit Coin is gReat OMG 111111ONE
Uhh why ?
Cuase ihhmm i .. uhhh duuuhhh i said so !!!1111111111ONE

later..

Spoentik your comment has been removed for trolling.. ROFL

And what chamges ? Not a mother fucking thing.
100 users flogging 100 different worthless coins that drown in vlaue over time.. then die.
Where is Crypt ? Where is Veri Coin ? Cinni ? HYP ? Blocknet ?
Should i go on with 1,000's of examples ?
I better not.. topic deleted by mods ..... for trolling.
Andi if was on Poloniex chat box i'd be banned for FUD'ing.

It's 2016 NOT 2013 wake up Investards !

Better buy moar cheap moneroz nom nom nom
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1000
https://bata.io
December 26, 2015, 07:26:00 AM
With 600+ Crypto's it is a big choice, which in turn takes a lot of time and research to look into.

Bata (BTA) has a resource page to help you with due diligence - http://www.bata.io/bata-bta-resources - draw your own conclusion.

It is also good advice from others - don't buy something because someone told you so.

Activity: 148
Merit: 100
December 26, 2015, 04:52:17 AM
Well... I think Doge is one of the more stable ones, isn't it? That's worth a buy IMO.

Doge, Dash and Monero are stable ones. They have established history. There are big user community.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
December 26, 2015, 01:21:34 AM
Holy crap CoinHoarder! I miss seeing you around man Smiley.

Yeah I went on a bit of a hiatus... good too see you too! You might also notice by my inclusion of LTC in my list that I have changed my mind about it. I recently came to an epiphany that I was underestimating the power of network effects. Wink

There are also a lot of hardcore PoW "followers" so I think a few PoW coins will be around for a long time. So, naturally Bitcoin and Litecoin are an easy choice. Although I still prefer PoS-based coins... IMO PoW is wasteful, eventually becomes too centralized, and is bad for the environment. To each their own..
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
December 26, 2015, 01:12:42 AM
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
December 26, 2015, 01:10:11 AM
I personally would invest in a combination of the following projects.. more so in BTC than all the others combined. I am probably forgetting a few..

BTC (network effect)
LTC (network effect)
ETH (smart contracts)
XCR (smart contracts)
BTS (a lot of innovation)
NXT (a lot of innovation)
NSR (stable cryptocurrency)
BKS (decentralized exchange)
XMR (anonymity/privacy)
SC (data storage)
SJCX (data storage)
MAID (data storage)
VPN (decentralized VPN)
UNITY (collaboration)

PS: Stay away from recently released coins that are well hyped... they are usually dumped hard [EDIT: I am being hypocritical since I listed a few of those in my list... stay away from them for now IMO (ETH & BKS)]

Holy crap CoinHoarder! I miss seeing you around man Smiley.

For everyone else, not even going to bother mentioning which coin I think is good. If you know me you know what I would say Wink.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
December 25, 2015, 11:11:57 PM
Better wait till BTC price stabilizes around 1000
after that it's alts time again

If there is such a peak again you'll be able to point to gargantuan amounts of progress for bitcoin. Any newcomer researching alts isn't going to be able to find many encouraging signs.

Late 2013 was a unique moment. Everything was fizzing with possibilities and it all felt fresh. Two long years later and with a handful of honourable exceptions you'd have to be pretty dim to think alts will ever go anywhere. Ride the pumps and dumps by all means but they should have made some genuine progress by now to be taken seriously. Hardly any have.
legendary
Activity: 896
December 25, 2015, 03:21:49 PM
VNL is trying to solve the problems that Bitcoin is instead of coming out with marketable gimmicks.

-You can send unlimited coins over Zerotime, as opposed to Dash.

-VNL network can process 100 transactions/second on-chain (15x BTC) and 15,000 tx/sec off-chain (3x Visa's daily peak tx rate)

-Only coin other than Bitcoin that only requires 1 confirmation on Poloniex.  You can test this by going here: https://poloniex.com/public?command=returnCurrencies and searching for minconf":1,"

-Only coin that has staking mobile wallets that allow you to move your wallet.dat to your PC from your Android and iOS wallets

-Only coin with near-instant 0-confirmation transactions that doesn't use master nodes.  You can receive node incentives if you have 10,000 in collateral, but collateral is not necessary to be a super peer.  You just need an open VNL port, a certain amount of uptime, and possibly a certain amount of bandwidth.

-Only coin that has encrypted connections and gives you a random port if you have no config.dat.  All your ISP will see is normal SSL traffic while monitoring your ports, which is unlike what happens with all other coins.  If you're using Bitcoin and your ISP monitors your ports, it will know you're using port 8333, which means it knows you're using Bitcoin.

-Only coin that automatically burns all tx fees, and they're not sent to a burn address either

Also, you can get some for free until December 26 00:00:00 GMT if you'd like to try it.  See here for instructions:
https://talk.vanillacoin.net/topic/285/1-year-anniversary-community-giveway
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
December 25, 2015, 02:19:47 PM
There are very few altcoins worth buying. They come to the market at high price, then the price drop after pump and dump.
Activity: 43
December 25, 2015, 11:55:57 AM
Better wait till BTC price stabilizes around 1000
after that it's alts time again
Activity: 42
December 25, 2015, 09:21:32 AM
If Zerocoin ever comes out, that one should be a winner.  Google it!
tss
Activity: 742
December 25, 2015, 01:58:29 AM
I've been reading through this forums for the past few weeks and all I see is "this coin is dead" or "everything is a shit coin". Is there any alt coin with potential to invest in or is it only bitcoin? I don't mean like a few here and there, I mean over 100 coins.

"everything is a shit coin"

If you can not research and decide for yourself you should not be buying any of them. You will not get good answers here asking this so do not bother.

what he said.

I did research but I wanted to get information from other people and then made a decision. I guess I have a different understanding of what a forum is.

don't take investment advice from others.. they will point you to their highest held shitcoin bag.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
December 24, 2015, 11:43:45 PM
I personally would invest in a combination of the following projects.. more so in BTC than all the others combined. I am probably forgetting a few..

BTC (network effect)
LTC (network effect)
ETH (smart contracts)
XCR (smart contracts)
BTS (a lot of innovation)
NXT (a lot of innovation)
NSR (stable cryptocurrency)
BKS (decentralized exchange)
XMR (anonymity/privacy)
SC (data storage)
SJCX (data storage)
MAID (data storage)
VPN (decentralized VPN)
UNITY (collaboration)

PS: Stay away from recently released coins that are well hyped... they are usually dumped hard [EDIT: I am being hypocritical since I listed a few of those in my list... stay away from them for now IMO (ETH & BKS)]
Activity: 446
Unpaid signature.
December 24, 2015, 05:42:54 PM
Altcoin I think will succeed are Ethereum and Monero. Ethereum can do smart contract. Monero is anonymous.
Activity: 616
December 24, 2015, 03:56:50 PM
Still trading something else than BTC and LTC? Get a life  Smiley
Activity: 356
December 24, 2015, 03:00:42 PM
MINT (Mintcoin)

Save mintcoins in your wallet and support the network and you will mint new coins by minting. This year is a bonus year, where you'll mint 10% per year. Next year it drops to 5% and for every year thereafter. Great long term investment. I invest in Mintcoin like I did with mining gear, and it is starting to pay off. Right now the price is good too to buy, not buying in at the high, but the low. Looking to buy more up as I get the chance. Active development,  active community. It is a super fast coin too; 20x faster than Bitcoin. 30 seconds for confirmations
 Smiley

If you want to be be serious about minting, I would try to grab at least 350,000 coins. Then over the year, you will Mint at least 35,000 new coins!

Right now 350,000 coins only cost about $10

But it scales up too so if you invest  like $500 today, you will will Mint about 1,811,594 coins!
Jump to: