Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative to Myetherwallet - page 5. (Read 1097 times)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10
Blue0x.com
May 02, 2018, 05:25:17 PM
I normally use myetherwallet for storing my Ethereum based tokens. I am from a country where the economy is really bad and cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology has being a life saver, but the recent hack of mew DNS servers. I fear losing it.
Please what are the best alternatives to securing tokens while storing them.
I want advice on the best alternatives to Myetherwallet
I have a suggestion, you use metamask if you ask for a better platform than myetherwallet, it is very accurate and trustworthy, I use metamask from the first until now.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
May 02, 2018, 05:12:29 PM
I am using ledger nano s.Why I do not trust myetherwallet.I bought ledger nano s because of this.I am very happy with the current ledger nano s.I am everyone suggests.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 05:10:01 PM
of course an alternative to MEW can be found, but who will be able to offer the same functionality and Security as myetherwallet?
Activity: 238
Merit: 13
May 02, 2018, 05:08:23 PM
I normally use myetherwallet for storing my Ethereum based tokens. I am from a country where the economy is really bad and cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology has being a life saver, but the recent hack of mew DNS servers. I fear losing it.

MetaMask and Crypto
But I want to say from myself that those services that were subject to hacker attacks will now be better protected than those that have not yet suffered.
Thanks to this experience, MEW will be more reliable.

The main thing is to always check which site you visited, do not enter your key if there are suspicions
If you want to see your balance on the account without transferring funds, then just use https://etherscan.io/
Activity: 1162
Merit: 7
May 02, 2018, 05:00:45 PM
In other to improve the security of MyEtherWallet, the google extension of the Wallet called Metamask was introduced. Extra caution and effort  is required to ensure the security of the Wallet.For example a complex password is recommended for better security. Imtoken is another wallet that is ERC20. compatible. In all wallet system,  there is a security issue. The effort to secure it is important. The more a wallet is detached to the internet the more secure.
Activity: 1050
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
May 02, 2018, 04:31:12 PM
I can feel your situation.I am also a mew user and I don't like metamusk or anything else.but if you think you really want it to go for metamusk.And you can also use extension like cryptonite.Which always warn you if there is anything bad.But what I normally do is I don't normally open MEW wallet i checked it from etherscan if I needed.And if i really need to open it I always use pc never use mobile.the best thing is if you could buy a hardware wallet.And never put all your portfolio in single space.That's it thank you Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 153
May 02, 2018, 03:59:48 PM
To be honest, I have no idea what can replace such a wonderful project as MEW for me, I think that today there are similar services, but still they will not be as popular as MEW, as for security, I still believe that it was not hacked.

I agree Myetherwallet is a very good development and has really assisted many users in claiming ICOs tokens, but it's just that most times user accounts are being  hacked, but better security can achieved through MetaMask plugin though, it's not guaranteed.  But there are also good alternatives to Myetherwallet like Metal Vaults (it's an online ERC20 enabled wallet like Myetherwallet but requires login). There are also good hardware wallets that is ERC20 enabled too.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 03:58:50 PM

If on my mobile phone use Imtoken and Eidoo.
and for transactions via PC, I use forkdelta or etherdelta, log in using metamask.

IMtoken , Eidoo are also good option , but i did not use much these bcoz of lack of trust .
and forkdelta needed to be open with contract address of that token to send that token .
Activity: 182
May 02, 2018, 03:57:07 PM
alternative of myetherwallet is mycrypto , which is also made my same team (MEW members in mycrypto team) .
but both of site are almost same , so if you dont find i reliable then use metamask , but in metamask you cant transfer tokens , it only allow you to transfer ethereum or sign message .

so for ERC20 tokens you can do 1 thing - use Mycrypto/MEW along with metamask , i means everytime login mew with metamask , and dont copy paste pvt key again and again .
Activity: 700
May 02, 2018, 03:48:55 PM
If you have your own PC just like me, I recommend using Metamask on your browsers and EAL. They're great!

The recent attacks have made it all possible not to be that nervous.

Also, always bookmark your sites! Never believe in any emails saying they need ur private key to transfer you tokens of such.

Or maybe invest in a cold wallet. And wait for forks! You'lll love it ! haha
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
May 02, 2018, 03:47:30 PM
For storing ETH and erc20 tokens you can use Metamask, nano ledger, paperwallet, Eidoo wallet, Exodus etc. MEW is always under some kind of attack which have made people lose trust in it. I have seen many people shifting to other types of wallets. The best is to go for offline storage as apps and software wallet are connected to internet and are at risk of getting hacked.
Activity: 252
May 02, 2018, 03:46:55 PM
Please look at https://info-bindwallet.com

Bindwallet is one stop solution for multiple cryptocurrency and erc20 tokens.
Bindwallet never store your your credentials.
Secured by McAfee security plus.

Bind Wallet is inviting all ERC20 tokens to be listed here.

Please join telegram group for more info: https://t.me/joinchat/InIlLxGDjAtyPjz_J3mptw
Activity: 560
Merit: 17
May 02, 2018, 03:43:49 PM

As I understand it wont matter if other wallet accessing site will be attacked in the same way, it can happen to any of these sytes.
in the case of MEW hack ,there was a alert about the dns change that it is not secure and only then if user ignores it, he or she was directed to the pishing site.. Be careful and read everything very carefully when accessing your wallet.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
May 02, 2018, 03:41:58 PM
The only choice you have is to buy Ledger Nano Wallet to avoid hacking of your wallet. That way it will be hard for our wallet to access because it needs a physical wallet in order for them to make a transaction.
You can also use desktop wallet but you have to download a big file that might eat the space of your hard disk.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
May 02, 2018, 03:32:06 PM
You can use the extension Meta mask I think it will protect your funds . either use hardware wallets is also a good alternative
Activity: 257
Merit: 11
May 02, 2018, 03:28:31 PM
Im using metamak extension for the alternative,because of the hacked DNS for me mew wallets arent too reliable right now,its like etherdelta which was hacked using DNS server,guess what ED right now? a lot of mess will start for the mew which is why i moved my assets with the metamask wallets as it is protected from the phishing sites and potential scam websites.
Activity: 490
May 02, 2018, 03:20:44 PM
To be honest, I have no idea what can replace such a wonderful project as MEW for me, I think that today there are similar services, but still they will not be as popular as MEW, as for security, I still believe that it was not hacked.
Activity: 26
May 02, 2018, 03:19:13 PM
Another option for safe use is to install the MEW offline application on your computer. You can download it from the official GitHub.  Smiley
Activity: 462
May 02, 2018, 03:10:37 PM
For example EthereumWallet has a number of similarities with MyEtherWallet. In this case, all the same JavaScript is used with data collection on the client side, and the user can quickly create an Ethereum address in the browser. For some time, the wallet was popular among users, but at the moment its development stopped at the beta stage. Despite this, the purse remains fully functional. However, it is better to abstain from operations with large amounts.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2018, 02:52:53 PM

As  I read from some sources and from other people's experiences, metamasks might be the best option to choose if you're afraid of what happened to Myetherwallet. It's an easy to install add-ons.
Pages:
Jump to: