Pages:
Author

Topic: Alternative to Myetherwallet - page 7. (Read 1097 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
May 01, 2018, 08:01:46 PM
The Best ERC20 Wallets Available
Ledger Nano S [Hardware Wallet]
Trezor [Hardware Wallet]
MyEtherWallet [Web Wallet]
MetaMask [Web Wallet]
Coinomi [Mobile Wallet]
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
May 01, 2018, 07:50:16 PM
I guess we need to look on Metamask if you have computer/desktop to use if you have your phone with you you can just simple download the app Trust. If you are not safe with this wallet then you can buy Nano ledger S or Trezor it's the best wallet to keep your erc-20 safe.
Activity: 392
PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr
May 01, 2018, 07:28:57 PM
Well, I use Metamask and I can tell you that it is much, MUCH better. Also, it seems safer, because you don't have to enter your private key anywhere, just click a button to log in with Metamask, seems much safer and transactions are much easier.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
May 01, 2018, 06:53:49 PM
I'm not sure if this is the best alternative, but I've personally always used the MetaMask plugin to manage my tokens.
It's a browser plugin that's available for both Chrome and Firefox.

That said, I never keep large amounts in my MetaMask wallet and I've also set a very strong password.

Using metamask is more safer than MEW. But it may cause some leak too same with MEW in the future since your are stored in the web. Hardware wallet like trezor and ledger is the safest wallet to use since your private key is the hardware wallet itself and can't be copy even though you login on a malicious website.
Activity: 363
Merit: 100
SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN
May 01, 2018, 06:49:25 PM
I normally use myetherwallet for storing my Ethereum based tokens. I am from a country where the economy is really bad and cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology has being a life saver, but the recent hack of mew DNS servers. I fear losing it.
Please what are the best alternatives to securing tokens while storing them.
I want advice on the best alternatives to Myetherwallet

The best alternative for securing tokens while holding long-term is Ledger hardware wallet. I am using Nano S and can say only the best for it.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 503
May 01, 2018, 08:02:51 AM
just buy a trezor the hackers cant get into your wallet without permission if you use trezor you dont need to be worried about your coins get stolen. if you dont want to buy a trezor just check eternalgloom reply on this thread the 2nd one.
Activity: 35
May 01, 2018, 06:57:11 AM
Regarding the DNS hack on MEW. Are the tokens stolen insured in some way meaning the victims of the attack will be reimbursed for their lost coins?
Activity: 2898
Merit: 597
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 01, 2018, 05:27:01 AM
To someone that is not trusting MEW anymore, you have to buy your own hardware wallet if your goal is store them. This is only for those who can avail the said wallet, the price might be quite high for some who are living in  such places but security has it's own price and you can sleep very well without thinking if your life savings will be safe or not. And the hardware wallet that I have tried is Ledger Nano S and it really works perfectly for someone like me who wants to have a calm state of mind about the safety of his coins.
Activity: 115
Merit: 2
May 01, 2018, 05:21:27 AM
You dont need an alternative to Myetherwallet but an extra security - Metamask. You can add metamask as a google extension then secure your wallet there. You dont need to repeatedly input your private key, which is not recommended, as you can already access your wallet in the metamask while it has been secured.
Activity: 1064
May 01, 2018, 03:42:42 AM
If you are holding a solid amount of crypto, then you should seriously consider purchasing the hardware wallet (such as Trezor or Ledger) as it prevents you from loosing your funds in this kind of situations as the latest DNS hack (even if you are using MEW to access your tokens, as you have to confirm your transaction on the device as well).
Activity: 308
Merit: 15
May 01, 2018, 03:07:07 AM
If you are a mobile device user, kindly get imToken wallet installed on your device and import your wallet via your private key or other provided options there, you would surely enjoy using imToken wallet for it is as simple as water and you can have access to it anytime.
Activity: 602
April 28, 2018, 02:42:33 PM
Today there are many different wallets that support the erc-20 protocol tokens, but it's best to use the official wallets that the Ethereum Foundation recommends, so today it's just one local wallet, maybe in the near future everything will be much better, but for the time being it's a fact and it can not escape from it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
April 28, 2018, 02:39:08 PM
Another option for safe use is to install the MEW offline application on your computer. You can download it from the official GitHub.
People like to use MyEtherWallet because the wallet loads Ethereum's Blockchain much faster than having a regular desktop wallet installed. I've been reading around and I noticed that people also like to use Metamask as an Ethereum/MyEtherWallet alternative.
Yes that is very true but I believe it is better to be safe than to be sorry, so I will rather not take chances.
I will like to know more about how to run myetherwallet offline and I think that will be safe alternative to not fall for phsing scam.
What about hardware wallets?
Can you share any knowledge about it
Activity: 66
April 28, 2018, 02:30:22 PM
Another option for safe use is to install the MEW offline application on your computer. You can download it from the official GitHub.
People like to use MyEtherWallet because the wallet loads Ethereum's Blockchain much faster than having a regular desktop wallet installed. I've been reading around and I noticed that people also like to use Metamask as an Ethereum/MyEtherWallet alternative.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 28, 2018, 02:27:09 PM
Activity: 854
Merit: 21
April 28, 2018, 02:08:17 PM
I think mycrypto is an alternative for myetherwallet, it is developed by the same people that were behind myetherwallet, so they know all the technicalities for an erc wallet.

I have heard of this mycrypto though I have not used it before so I don't really know.
On the other hand Metamask I have used before, but I think it still has to be connected to myetherwallet, correct me if I am wrong.

Also is it all safe now to use myetherwallet?
Activity: 532
Merit: 11
April 26, 2018, 08:13:02 AM

If on my mobile phone use Imtoken and Eidoo.
and for transactions via PC, I use forkdelta or etherdelta, log in using metamask.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 12
SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!
April 26, 2018, 08:10:08 AM
I think mycrypto is an alternative for myetherwallet, it is developed by the same people that were behind myetherwallet, so they know all the technicalities for an erc wallet.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
April 26, 2018, 08:05:35 AM
I normally use myetherwallet for storing my Ethereum based tokens. I am from a country where the economy is really bad and cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology has being a life saver, but the recent hack of mew DNS servers. I fear losing it.
Please what are the best alternatives to securing tokens while storing them.
I want advice on the best alternatives to Myetherwallet
The simplest methods are listed on the MyEtherWallet home page.
1. Install the plugin for Google Chrome, which is called EtherAddressLookup, it will warn you if you go to the site on a phishing link.
2. Keep your private key in a safe place, preferably on a separate medium. You can add it to the archive with a password, or split it into two parts to make it completely safe.
3. Go to the wallet using the Keystore / JSON File (the File which is downloaded when you register the wallet). To steal the Private Key is much easier than the Keystore / JSON File.
4. To see all the tokens that are on the wallet, it is not necessary to go into the wallet itself every time, use the ethplorer website.io or etherscan.io, it is convenient to do it directly in the plugin EtherAddressLookup.
5. Install the HTTPS Everywhere extension, which forces the site to switch from http to https.
6. You can also install Metamask and Cryptonite by MetaCert plugins.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
April 26, 2018, 07:45:41 AM
I'm not sure if this is the best alternative, but I've personally always used the MetaMask plugin to manage my tokens.
It's a browser plugin that's available for both Chrome and Firefox.

That said, I never keep large amounts in my MetaMask wallet and I've also set a very strong password.

Maybe you need something more secure? I've found an article which lists your best alternatives.
https://themerkle.com/here-are-the-top-5-ethereum-wallets-supporting-erc20-tokens/
Pages:
Jump to: