Pages:
Author

Topic: Am done with KYC - page 17. (Read 22089 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 12
arcs-chain.com
May 23, 2019, 03:20:11 AM
This is exactly what I have been saying for a long time.... how can bounty hunters accept to spread their personal info in dozens of projects in exchange for peanuts Huh people have no notion about the danger of spreading your personal info around
I do not participate in projects that require KYC, they just ask for it and sometimes don't even identify the team, or have any product, or exchange... have seen too many of these doing KYC and then just failing.... you are right, probably they just sell data
Besides, kyc makes no point for bounty hunters as these are not investors
Activity: 355
Merit: 10
A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms
May 23, 2019, 03:00:46 AM
giving or submitting KYC to the bounty should we think again because not all bounties end with success,
secure our data before using it with irresponsible ones.
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
May 23, 2019, 02:32:45 AM
If someone came up to you in the street and asked for a copy of your passport, utility bills, and a selfie, all for the amazing price of $10 would you do it? Kyc is just a scam for bounty hunters
Activity: 821
Merit: 20
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
May 23, 2019, 02:29:55 AM
The pass kyc for bounty hunter it's fully unless in my opinion, what the bad time running for everyone bounty hunter. Hom real of the pain just now the current market situation 90% invaluable ico in here. Even scam project lot of still processing lol, so i don't want joined new bounty now or kyc lol.
Activity: 714
May 23, 2019, 12:56:49 AM
If a project is required to do KYC, of course, as a participant, we can only comply with these regulations so that we can also get our rewards. For problems to develop or not, it's just a matter of time. At least we both work to promote the project and Kyc is a condition.
Activity: 770
https://streamies.io/
May 23, 2019, 12:51:30 AM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
I do not think that. Now the personal information is very important and the project owner wants to capture our information. They may sell our information to get some money and then use it to develop the project. But anyway, never send our personal information to anyone, it's very dangerous.
Activity: 1190
May 23, 2019, 12:18:29 AM
It's not exactly as you say. there are many ico that catch kyc and they still thrive. It is clear that you choose bad ico projects and do not smile at you
Doing KYC is not really a bad thing. It seems that you say there are still many projects that do KYC. And it all depends on the project, for example now is Bcnex. Bcnex requires its participants to do KYC and that I have done because this project has very good sales.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 572
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
May 23, 2019, 12:05:47 AM
I would never do KYC at bounty/investing stage of ICO.

Way too much risk in my opinion. Could have issues with identity theft or selling on your information. Even just from a spam perspective it isn't a good idea.

I will only do KYC for projects once they've been set up with a product for at least a year, and even then it is rare.
For now to find project that have real product is too hard. Even we can find it, not really guarantee if that is a good project because i already get some in my country. Not want to mention about project, it is hyped and get hardcap very fast. In market, it is not really good.
Activity: 309
Merit: 1
May 22, 2019, 11:52:03 PM
It's not exactly as you say. there are many ico that catch kyc and they still thrive. It is clear that you choose bad ico projects and do not smile at you
Activity: 1638
Merit: 260
Trphy.io
May 22, 2019, 11:50:51 PM
almost all ICO projects currently require KYC and it seems that it is indeed mandatory do to get a prize, in fact the success of a project is not from KYC but from a team that always provides progress from the project. sometimes projects that is do not require KYC that can provide benefits but not all project is like that, and projects that require KYC also do not guarantee success.
Activity: 574
May 22, 2019, 11:31:57 PM
Probably used to be many bounty projects that do not use KYC. But it can achieve success and the coin can be well developed. Since 2018 I also often find bounty projects using KYC. But I do not directly provide my personal data. I had to check first for a lot of fake projects.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
May 22, 2019, 11:18:48 PM
I would never do KYC at bounty/investing stage of ICO.

Way too much risk in my opinion. Could have issues with identity theft or selling on your information. Even just from a spam perspective it isn't a good idea.

I will only do KYC for projects once they've been set up with a product for at least a year, and even then it is rare.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
May 22, 2019, 10:57:24 PM
I think some bounties really require KYC like in regulation in malta that KYC is required but honestly it doesn't bother me to take KYC it takes only couple of minutes  Cheesy

The time it takes is meaningless. The risk is someone stealing your identity.

I hate doing KYC, even for exchanges. But sometimes it's a necessary evil ... at least with exchanges
the amounts we are talking about are larger.

I would never bother doing it for a bounty that may not even pay out in the end. It's simply not worth the risk.
copper member
Activity: 518
Merit: 0
May 22, 2019, 10:38:23 PM
I think some bounties really require KYC like in regulation in malta that KYC is required but honestly it doesn't bother me to take KYC it takes only couple of minutes  Cheesy
Activity: 1344
Merit: 259
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
May 22, 2019, 08:41:30 PM
I don't support KYC, yeah I know that KYC for security for token sale. This kinds of project try to show that their ICOs will be real and where only real consumer.
me too, i don't.
I am very paranoid about KYC . i got someone sell my friend KYC on facebook a month ago for only $10. wtf, i told my friend about this and true he followed ICO to requiring KYC for gettin reward. Not yet become reward till now.
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
May 22, 2019, 06:27:36 PM
I agree with your point,  however they do have a defense that the kyc is a prerequisite from the regulatory bodies, yet I completely concur the contention that kyc should just be important for investors to prevent money laundering, bounty hunters don't fall in investor class they are increasingly similar to advertisers or laborers so they are not legitimately liable to conduct kyc to disclose their identity.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
May 22, 2019, 06:16:55 PM
Are you sure it was okay for you to provide your full identity over the internet with just KYC paying? I think money is not enough if you will going to risk yourself on the crypto community. One of the feature of crypto is the anonymity, and what's the essence of KYC?
Well, you've got choices to make and these choices should not be questioned. It is your right to give or hold your personal information. Some ICO requires KYC at the end of the project and you cannot claim your reward of you don't do that. It is really pain in the ass when that happens.
Activity: 913
Merit: 252
May 22, 2019, 11:57:40 AM
There are stillman bounties that never asked for kyc but never sent out payment which I have personal experience about. Stopping kyc is your choice and also you aren't mandated to do kyc or join projects that asks for kycs

I have never joined any project in which KYC was mandatory. I always keep my ID documents confidential and have never sent them to unknown people. And my advise to others is to do the same. Don't get too greedy and risk someone stealing your identity. Once your documents are stolen, you will lose sleep for the rest of your life.  
Activity: 371
May 22, 2019, 11:56:34 AM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

First, you need to go on their website and some group channel if they are requiring investors to do KYC also.
If not then you should worry about it, KYC are meant for those person who are restricted to join.
Also they use it to catch cheaters on the bounty. basic rule! always do your research before do anything on it.
Activity: 924
May 22, 2019, 11:53:15 AM
You absolutely right most of the project who want the hunters to do kyc maybe they just want to steal our ID and most of the project who required the participant to kyc are failed to develop and the price of that token so cheap (very far from ico price).
Pages:
Jump to: