Pages:
Author

Topic: Am done with KYC - page 14. (Read 22086 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
Revolutionizing Reward Points
July 28, 2019, 08:45:48 AM
I have the same opinion like the original poster. I am also done with KYC. I am not more investing in ICOs that requests for KYC and also not more participating in bounties that do the same. There might be projects that run away with the money and our IDs.

yeah, its dangerous for us, because they can sell our data to unknown people or company
and i think, its far away from the main purpose why satoshi nakamoto publish a cryptocurrency called bitcoin  Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 3
Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!
July 21, 2019, 02:19:47 PM
actually KYC is also important because it can help reduce scammers or multi account users on the other hand many think that KYC does not guarantee because many do not pay afterwards. but for me personally this all depends on the project first if the project is legitimate maybe I will do that and vice versa.
Activity: 436
Merit: 268
July 21, 2019, 01:52:54 PM
I also do not like this whole idea of ​​identification.  Even worse, when the project introduces KYC later, at the end of the bounty.  This is certainly wrong, but after introducing KYC, I saw in the bounty table that half of the hunters were removed.  Multiaccounts could not pass.
Yep and that is the best way for us to eliminate users who use multiple accounts. It will help participants get fairer than before. I do not like KYC but it is one of the mandatory requirements for us to participate in the bounty
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
July 21, 2019, 01:40:35 PM
I think it relies upon the project and group behind it, a few projects will require your kyc before your coin will be disperse to you and some other don't outskirt about kyc and are likewise doing great in the improvement. Kyc is only a prerequisites for some site while others may manage without kyc everything relies upon the project team
Activity: 463
Merit: 11
July 20, 2019, 03:46:29 AM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle

Well, I think one should be careful with providing his personal information in the crypto community. It's not wholesome enough since the crypto community emphasizes so much about anonymity.

I dont think the reason those project that require KYC failed because they have your personal information and they can do dubious things with it. Several things could have gone wrong with a project that began with good intentions and strategies. So, dont think of it that way that project requiring KYC are bad or they are scam. Just be careful with how you share your personal ID
Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 19, 2019, 03:07:23 PM
The fact that a project does KYC doesn't mean it will do well, or give bounty hunters good reward. Some projects won't even state the KYC from onset, then after the bounty they will bring it up and some people who failed to do the KYC won't get their rewards. These have been some of the challenges with promoting projects for rewards. Well there are a few projects I've done kyc for and they paid me. If I had my way I won't be doing any KYC, but I've got no choice since it's now a common practice.
fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
July 19, 2019, 02:51:58 PM
I also do not like this whole idea of ​​identification.  Even worse, when the project introduces KYC later, at the end of the bounty.  This is certainly wrong, but after introducing KYC, I saw in the bounty table that half of the hunters were removed.  Multiaccounts could not pass.
copper member
Activity: 476
Merit: 0
July 19, 2019, 02:06:49 PM
I also feel the same sometimes but the thing is we have to cooperate with the bounty managers to avoid scammers are hackers. Even i not sure that coins will be listed are not but i totally support our bounty managers for the growth and development of their projects.
Activity: 2044
Merit: 180
Chainjoes.com
July 19, 2019, 01:18:21 PM
but not all bounties that require participants to do KYC have a cheap price, there are number of KYC bounties that have quite expensive prices, they are not from KYC or not but it all depends on the team in developing, but be careful if you want to do it
I believe that the implementation of kyc should depend on the value of the project that it carries. if this is some kind of project with a utility token, then I don’t understand why we need kyc in this case
The FATF task force, whose recommendations are actually mandatory for more than two hundred states under the threat of using large penalties, determined that the KYC check should only take place if the amount of the transaction sent or received exceeds one thousand dollars. This decision should have come into force and applied by the ICO teams.
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
July 19, 2019, 01:05:32 PM
As we can all see whether the platform that asks for KYC can be trusted or not. if in doubt do not ever, especially for the airdrop that has no clear results, it can be very detrimental to us. You have to do KYC that is truly convincing like you choose a platform, bounty, or investments.
Activity: 948
Merit: 110
July 19, 2019, 12:58:13 PM
I really don't know why hunters keep giving out their details, there are identity theft who might be trying to gather information, we should be mindful on how we share our personal information moreover hunters are not Customers.
on a real project and actually paying I don't think it's a problem. but there is a bounty that does ask for KYC at the beginning, and that makes a doubt because there is a possibility that the project is not successful and for what KYC is done.
that was the true problem at all, I'm fine with the real project that require KYC for bounty and just provide it after bounty and project gain successful funding, but it looks bad when project require bounty hunter doing KYC at the beginning.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
July 19, 2019, 12:47:02 PM
in my opinion doing KYC for bounty is indeed an obligation and must be done, even though the bounty campaign that was carried out eventually ended in failure, it does not mean that it was all wrong with KYC, indeed the crypto market factor is lacking the attractiveness of investors

A huge number of projects requiring an identification procedure are a scam. It is not always possible to identify such projects immediately. Thus, having hurried to undergo the KYC procedure, your documents fall into fraudsters,  then they can sell your personal data to the black market, where your documents fall into the hands of other fraudsters. Not too bright prospects.
Activity: 345
Merit: 10
July 19, 2019, 12:34:37 PM
I really don't know why hunters keep giving out their details, there are identity theft who might be trying to gather information, we should be mindful on how we share our personal information moreover hunters are not Customers.
on a real project and actually paying I don't think it's a problem. but there is a bounty that does ask for KYC at the beginning, and that makes a doubt because there is a possibility that the project is not successful and for what KYC is done.
Activity: 966
Merit: 254
July 19, 2019, 12:32:05 PM
Then say goodbye to KYC.
Regulations are coming, FATF are recommending new rules for cryptocurrency business like exchanges and custody services. For every transaction on these platforms you would need to pass the KYC process.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
July 19, 2019, 12:26:17 PM
Hey!! I thought I was the only person thinking along those lines, there is no project that I have wasted my time and devulged my private details to that has turned out to do well, it's those ones that do not bother you with KYC that turns out to pay well in the long run.
Activity: 491
Merit: 100
July 19, 2019, 12:17:44 PM
Activity: 238
July 19, 2019, 12:06:42 PM
You just need to study projects in more detail. But in general, I am against the verification procedure, since there are too many multi-accounts and bots.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
July 19, 2019, 11:22:24 AM
in my opinion doing KYC for bounty is indeed an obligation and must be done, even though the bounty campaign that was carried out eventually ended in failure, it does not mean that it was all wrong with KYC, indeed the crypto market factor is lacking the attractiveness of investors
copper member
Activity: 448
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
July 19, 2019, 06:34:08 AM
you have said it all as many project are just in for joke and not serious in really develop the project for human use and also just for fund raising and converting to btc or eth for their own use, but we have iisue with the kyc stuff now as many dont say anything like kyc at start but will at the end of bounty which must have consumed hunters time and you cant just let go of your hard work so you have to submit but you can also ingnore and if many end up doing that which mean you will be lossing alot of time and energy on bounty without reward.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
July 19, 2019, 06:31:56 AM
I see a lot of projects paying in their dashboard, and asking to verify our data on average fail, even if it doesn't fail they don't make a payment, even many projects eventually close the dashboard after we send the data.
Pages:
Jump to: