Pages:
Author

Topic: Am done with KYC - page 16. (Read 22089 times)

Activity: 463
Merit: 11
June 12, 2019, 03:56:35 AM
Well, it's understandable that you feel this way but I want you to know that not all projects that require KYC are actually scam as you have said and in fact I will advice you not to provide your personal details any how. You might be making yourself vulnerable to being hacked or blackmailed.  Please be cautious.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 251
solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus
June 12, 2019, 03:40:05 AM
I know many don't like KYC due to the fact that after completing the KYC you still won't get paid but there are few projects that implement KYC and I think they are worth it ,for example new exchanges like vindax and bitsdaq compulsory KYC for there airdrop and I know how good this exchanges are so I don't think twice I just get it done

Indeed, completing KYC and the project run is different thing. I think there is a lot bounty with KYC and make success in market. Its not related between KYC and the project because most ICOs need KYC because should applied on government regulation in their country
Activity: 576
Merit: 39
June 12, 2019, 03:35:12 AM
That's why not because you just saw a projects that having a bounty with a very large allocation you join instantly. It is always to do a deep research about the project that you will join especially if it requires KYC, because you id is very important, you won't just give it to anyone easily.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
PHORE
June 12, 2019, 03:08:00 AM
There is a Project that will definitely help the kyc to buy their sales tokens because they have their sales tokens rules and there are also bounties that will be required to submit a kyc to get your token rewards on the bounty have kyc.
Activity: 546
Merit: 21
June 12, 2019, 02:58:24 AM
I know many don't like KYC due to the fact that after completing the KYC you still won't get paid but there are few projects that implement KYC and I think they are worth it ,for example new exchanges like vindax and bitsdaq compulsory KYC for there airdrop and I know how good this exchanges are so I don't think twice I just get it done
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
www.thegeomadao.com
June 12, 2019, 02:49:47 AM
The issue of KYC information has made the rounds lately as most of projects are turning to make KYC procedure a mandatory, thus making it a trend. Some of them are serious about it while others are just following the trend. Giving personal information to unknown projects is always a thing to be thought over twice. So lets be careful.
Activity: 728
Merit: 110
June 11, 2019, 06:22:55 PM
It does not guarantee you something and it will never do so, because crypto industry in general contains a lot of risks. But I am on your side and think that KYC should not be done for bounty hunters if it is not required by any other party (team, investors).
KYC is just a regulatory condition. Do you think that the team wants to bother with verifying your identities? They usually don't care who you are, but the law says to not to work with US investors.
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
June 11, 2019, 05:55:34 PM
It does not guarantee you something and it will never do so, because crypto industry in general contains a lot of risks. But I am on your side and think that KYC should not be done for bounty hunters if it is not required by any other party (team, investors).
Activity: 406
Merit: 1
June 11, 2019, 05:38:46 PM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
At the moment, I think the ico just died and should not participate in it , especially if you do not want your documents to be in the wrong hands , it is better to do something useful
Activity: 152
June 11, 2019, 03:04:01 PM
My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project

I don't think of everything like that, all back to the project itself.
Warning. before give a personal identity to another party, think first. I see many people give their identity easy, only because for ($5/$10)

I believe that someone of those project that ask for users personal informations may also have hidden plans, because all those informations can get used for various fraudulent actvities on the internet darkweb.
Activity: 364
June 01, 2019, 06:00:42 PM
That's good. I've always believed in this KYC process. I believe that KYC will help detect the bad guys among the good ones ready to invest.
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
May 28, 2019, 11:12:19 AM
I believe that KYC process is a good thing but only in one case, if this process was announced before the launch of the bounty programme. If the team is making it afterwards, it means they just do not want to share all tokens from their pool.
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
May 28, 2019, 11:10:50 AM
It happens to me twice and I quickly stop promoting bounties asking for KYC it feels like some kind of a trick to get hands on one identity ,bounties with no KYC are just better
Activity: 238
May 23, 2019, 04:29:47 AM
That's why we should investigate first what we join bounties if it is a scam or not, because if the bounty is just a scam, our identity that we send by their kyc thingy is going to be a theft our personal information. Some people use this for some transactions, so we should be careful on projects that requires kyc.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
May 23, 2019, 03:49:39 AM
sometimes I think if KYC for a bounty hunter is just fraud but we don't have any other choice for claiming payments while supporting the project so we have to do that but if the price of the token is only $ 10 we better leave it
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
May 23, 2019, 03:45:43 AM
If someone came up to you in the street and asked for a copy of your passport, utility bills, and a selfie, all for the amazing price of $10 would you do it? Kyc is just a scam for bounty hunters
Even the bounty is very legit? I'm sure you will do the KYC for bounty that paid you a huge money lol. KYC or not, it's all depends on you as the bounty hunters. Bounty manager usually announce if the bounty need KYC or not, so it's back to bounty hunters again. If you don't want do KYC then don't join.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
May 23, 2019, 03:43:34 AM
Before giving out your Identity information via KYC, you've got to be careful. I saw someone talk about giving access to his Google drive where he saved very important documents , all in the name of KYC. Guys, sometimes KYC is relevant especially for STOs as requested by the authorities, but not in all situations. Some projects even us that to deprive those who promote them of their tokens which is not good.
Activity: 630
Merit: 13
May 23, 2019, 03:35:54 AM
whats is your problem with doing KYC, as long your ID is real and dont wanna cheat with some bounty program with multiple entry, i think KYC is no problem buddy.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
May 23, 2019, 03:28:29 AM
We do need to always be careful around KYC as it is certainly another route for scams. Sometimes it is a genuine requirement as new projects want to ensure that they abide by the laws of the country in which they're based... but yes also sometimes it is a scam to gain personal information to sell on. It's one reason why IEOs are becoming more popular, as the exchanges do a lot of this verification for us. That doesn't mean that ICOs that require KYC are bad, just that it's something to be very careful about and make sure it's a genuine company and genuine project. And even then, the idea of parting with KYC information just for a few dollars seems not worth the risk.
Activity: 1764
May 23, 2019, 03:25:55 AM
Unfortunately I agree with you, now even more companies come up with some rules of their own and at any moment start asking bounty hunters to go through KYC and the most important thing is that most of these companies in general then die very quickly and bounty hunters just pass KYC for nothing.
Pages:
Jump to: