Pages:
Author

Topic: Am done with KYC - page 35. (Read 22121 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 102
MoonDeFi
March 25, 2019, 03:34:24 PM
Indeed, recently there is such a tendency that many projects ask their users to go through the verification process on the one hand, I can understand them, but in the case when the project does not collect the desired amount, this is unnecessary.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 10
March 25, 2019, 03:19:32 PM
Unfortunately, some projects do sell KYC information of Bounty hunters, so I try to verify whether the projects asking for KYC do have to do it for legal reasons or it is just an anouther scam.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
March 25, 2019, 03:01:21 PM
You can't be tired as much as I am honestly. Just imagine a situation where hunters even have to beg with authentic government issued ID yet the so called team will be feeling on top of the world.
Activity: 247
Merit: 1
March 25, 2019, 02:32:37 PM
You are absolutely right, most of the project requesting for KYC don't make it to hardcap and even those that have managed to, the BM will find a way to deprive us of the bounty by continuously rejecting KYC
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
March 25, 2019, 04:01:06 AM
the end is very much doing that. when last year, there weren't even any kyc and many successful projects. I also still do not understand the overall purpose of the existence of Kyc, if indeed it does not have a major influence on the existence of tokens in the market.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
March 25, 2019, 01:02:42 AM
the idea behind kyc was just to verify the user identity behind the users or owners of the various crypto wallet owners and also to know the investors getting into the crypto space via ICO projects and also to follow regulations but in total i do not believe that crypto space is really a place for such regulations.
The desire to simply check our documents and obtain our confidential data is a direct misuse by the ICO team, because such curiosity violates our right to privacy. In my country, there is a law on the protection of confidentiality, according to which the right to demand such information is granted only to state bodies in cases provided by law. This body is fully responsible for the safety of such information and stores it no longer than is necessary for some purposes. In this case, in fact, unidentified people who themselves do not pass any checks require confidential information from others. Violated everything that can be broken. It turns out that any seller of goods in any outlet will want to get similar information from customers and will you do it?
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
March 25, 2019, 12:09:19 AM
I also experience this. There are many bounties that I had given my personal info but the ICO didn't even got half of their soft cap. Though, some paid but still it's a hustle to take pictures of yourself along with your I.D. and get a photo of your I.D also. I think bounty managers should already be the ones to be the one who is responsible for checking this because they are paid to do so.
Activity: 938
Merit: 14
Earn more with Earn Network
March 24, 2019, 09:58:55 PM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
It does not always happen like this, mate. There are equally good number of projects which get listed and become successful after requesting for KYC. KYC is not the issue here because it is just for verification purposes. The main point here is the ability of every bounty hunter to do their own research into projects in order to come out with the ones which are more capable of becoming successful (that project may or may not ask for KYC pass).
Activity: 1050
Merit: 254
March 24, 2019, 09:56:35 PM
There is one thing I have realized from my experience with KYC for bounties. Almost all the projects I have provided my personal information to them failed to even get listed on exchanges and the project dies off. Surprisingly, those that didn't require KYC paid me and the project is truly developing. My point is, am beginning to think those project requesting hunters to go through KYC are just in for their information to trade and do not have any intentions to develop their crypto project so let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts...May God bless our hustle
I know what that feel mate, adding a KYC for bounties is not a key success of the project. I also saw many bounties that not need KYC is success too. That's why if i think this project will not go well, i will not give my KYC to them. It would be a loss for us.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 269
March 24, 2019, 09:53:17 PM
I will check how potential coins I earn from bounty campaign for KYC data submit, have value or not before giving my id, how ever I dislike KYC and I am worried my document is use not only for KYC but also other information data.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
March 24, 2019, 09:41:26 PM

I don't think you can say that in general, some projects are really trusted as they conduct KYC for the safety of their investors and marketing team such as bounty hunters. KYC procedures are sacred and we should be careful but it doesn't mean that projects will just sell our identity.

Let's say there still some ico projects that provide KYC have been success in the market but personally I dont want to give my information to other people in other words I hate doing KYC.
I want a project that not need to provide KYC because those people can use your identity to fraud other.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
March 24, 2019, 08:48:26 PM

I don't think you can say that in general, some projects are really trusted as they conduct KYC for the safety of their investors and marketing team such as bounty hunters. KYC procedures are sacred and we should be careful but it doesn't mean that projects will just sell our identity.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
March 24, 2019, 08:07:47 PM
I also do not want KYC in the first place , because as far as i know KYC is onpy required to those people who have invested more money to the project but now even bounty hunters need to undergo KYC just to have their rewards. And many bounty hunters including me disagree about KYC process because we do not want to know our true identity.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
March 24, 2019, 07:59:31 PM
This is why I am against KYC .
We don't really know what would happen next when we submit our personal information.
They could sell it out and earn more from our information .
They could use our personal information for illegal activities.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 252
The OGz Club
March 24, 2019, 07:55:24 PM
I never thought about that because I had good and bad experiences on projects that required participants to verify KYC and those who did not so I could not judge the project only from that.
all depends on the project team we follow, not based on whether the project requires participants to verify KYC or not
I don't think that makes sense because even if you have a bad experience on a project like that, you still can't say that everything will end badly
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
March 24, 2019, 07:46:37 PM

I agree with you mate

Are you sure it was okay for you to provide your full identity over the internet with just KYC paying? I think money is not enough if you will going to risk yourself on the crypto community. One of the feature of crypto is the anonymity, and what's the essence of KYC?

Yes we need to follow the regulations implementing by the government to avoid hassle getting rewards from any kind of investment. Before i hate kyc but I realize it's for security porpuses to avoid crypto use by the bad elements.
Activity: 259
Merit: 17
March 24, 2019, 07:05:01 PM

What you're thinking is true and it is very evident on the many ICO that ask for KYC, they are here to get your money and they are here to get your information, they are scamming you two times and bounty hunters should be aware of this.
Activity: 627
Merit: 103
March 24, 2019, 06:56:29 PM
This is sadly truth! I have been facing this issue for a long time. Last year, I have joined in many bounty campaigns and invested in some ICOs but most of them asked KYC because KYC/AML has been raised in last year actually! But guess what happened? Almost 90% of projects were death or scam! Some projects reached the soft cap but after that, they went to inactive mode! There was a time when people thought that KYC is the measure of a good project, but the reality is different. But sorry, I don't believe that they trade people's KYC for money!
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
March 24, 2019, 06:53:22 PM
I don't think that all projects that ask for KYC for us as bounty hunters can get tokens from them, because there are some projects that I have followed asking for KYC until now they can still survive in the market and continue to develop their tokens.

basically, we ourselves have to be careful with a project that requires KYC, because it is also prone to our personal data being known to other people who we ourselves do not know.

You should be more careful about a project that requires KYC about their truth, because unfortunately also if the results of our efforts to participate in the project do not get any results.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
March 24, 2019, 06:52:31 PM
-let's be vigilant about whom we carelessly give our details to, for some peanuts -

the idea behind kyc was just to verify the user identity behind the users or owners of the various crypto wallet owners and also to know the investors getting into the crypto space via ICO projects and also to follow regulations but in total i do not believe that crypto space is really a place for such regulations.

That idea of kyc is true if the project is genuine. But who can assess the authenticity of the project if it is in the early stages of development?
Many rating websites are just being paid for the reviews. So they will make a good review if you paid well.
It is the investor's responsibility to do his own homework and assess for himself if a project is worth taking risk for or not.
Submitting your vital info online is a personal choice, so don't fret if sooner or later, you will find trouble with your data.
Pages:
Jump to: