Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : ( - page 57. (Read 147216 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
November 01, 2014, 10:28:56 PM
My GF actually introduced me to bitcoins! Sadly she really dislikes forums, so she isn't a member here. She has a history of getting into dramatic arguments and getting banned from forums. I swear it had to have happened over 30 times lol. She is feisty one! But she is an avid miner and she LOVES the BTC ideals!
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
November 01, 2014, 08:50:18 PM
I can not succeed to associate bitcoin to a girl, because all of people that I know which at the same time know bitcoin are only men and not women !  Grin Grin Grin

So, I think that you're the one and only woman in this forum  Cheesy

Lol yes but there are two other girls here so far. I wish the girls who are hiding (if any) would come out and post in this thread. It would be pretty sad if there were only 3 of us in this whole forum.

So, may us know something about you? Where do you from, how old are you? Post a picture  Smiley Are you american?

I guess this thread belongs to the off-topic board.

I'm pretty sure there is a separate thread for that already.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026
★Nitrogensports.eu★
November 01, 2014, 08:37:41 PM
I can not succeed to associate bitcoin to a girl, because all of people that I know which at the same time know bitcoin are only men and not women !  Grin Grin Grin

Lol yes but there are two other girls here so far. I wish the girls who are hiding (if any) would come out and post in this thread. It would be pretty sad if there were only 3 of us in this whole forum.

So, may us know something about you? Where do you from, how old are you? Post a picture  Smiley Are you american?

I guess this thread belongs to the off-topic board.
November 01, 2014, 10:47:34 AM

Sure, I was thinking the same thing about demographics, how old is everyone on here? I think there's a separate thread for that, I'm not sure. I think the other 2 girls on here were around the same age as me (in their 20s or early 30's). I don't think btc appeals to women older than that, not just yet anyway but I may be wrong. It's nice to see a variety of nationalities on here too, I've lived in the UK for many years but my family are Swiss/Italian, hence my name Smiley I think most people on here are not American from what I can see.

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
November 01, 2014, 10:07:20 AM

November 01, 2014, 09:25:54 AM

November 01, 2014, 09:22:03 AM
This has nothing to do with you being the only girl on here.

I didn't post the link, Phillipsjk did. Go tell him off Smiley

Won't work well, he is on "ignore". BTW, "meta" posts are probably off-topic too Smiley

What are meta posts?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
November 01, 2014, 08:18:40 AM

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
November 01, 2014, 01:36:25 AM

Won't work well, he is on "ignore". BTW, "meta" posts are probably off-topic too Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
scams hunter!
November 01, 2014, 12:29:56 AM
there is no girls on the internet!
October 31, 2014, 02:03:32 PM

Not hound but there's no harm in networking and saying hi to people, ask questions, etc.
Anyway, I'm sure you're not the only anti-social person here Wink

Ps. Long distance? How? I'm sure there are girls here from all over the world including your city, wherever that is.

I am concerned that over 20 people saying "HI" can add up to something like this. It is attention you don't always want.

Loved the video, but what is that girl complaining about??? Wtf?? I wish guys here in the UK were more like that (maybe not walking next to me for five minutes like that guy did, that would freak me out). But seriously, getting ignored by EVERY guy is horrible too, it kills my self-esteem every time. The prettier you are the more they ignore you over here, it's like an unwritten rule in Britain. No wonder some girls in America have huge self-esteem even if they're not pretty. Come on British guys you can do better. And to all American guys out there, please don't change! Compliments are good, it's a shame some bitter girls cant appreciate that.

Activity: 826
Merit: 504
October 31, 2014, 10:15:31 AM

Not hound but there's no harm in networking and saying hi to people, ask questions, etc.

Ps. Long distance? How? I'm sure there are girls here from all over the world including your city, wherever that is.

I am concerned that over 20 people saying "HI" can add up to something like this. It is attention you don't always want.

Loved the video, but what is that girl complaining about??? Wtf?? I wish guys here in the UK were more like that (maybe not walking next to me for five minutes like that guy did, that would freak me out). But seriously, getting ignored by EVERY guy is horrible too, it kills my self-esteem every time. The prettier you are the more they ignore you over here, it's like an unwritten rule in Britain. No wonder some girls in America have huge self-esteem even if they're not pretty. Come on British guys you can do better. And to all American guys out there, please don't change! Compliments are good, it's a shame some bitter girls cant appreciate that.

October 31, 2014, 10:05:02 AM

October 31, 2014, 05:43:54 AM

Stop harassing/raping/triggering her by saying "Hi"!!!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
October 30, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

October 30, 2014, 06:18:53 PM
So much spam and the signature is a mere happy face

*sigh*
Women

what do you mean spam? Also, what's wrong with a happy face?

Spam-- as in the junk that people like awesome31312* add to their sig in the hopes of netting a few pennies. (yeah I know I should just enable the "Don't show users' signatures" option and stop complaining)

* nothing personal, I just hate sig spam

Ahh those linkies, I didn't know what they were for.
October 30, 2014, 06:17:44 PM
Why didn't you ask him/her? It's not creepy to ask somebody's gender, especially when most of you guys aren't that pervy after all. Seriously most of you guys have been super nice and polite to me Smiley
I thought of that. I decided it really was not important; since they are not really a dating prospect. I try to avoid mentioning my own gender.
Not a dating prospect, why not? If you're single n looking for a bf/gf it could happen anywhere, anytime, you never know. Good luck!

As you mention, women get dozens of PMs..which guys don't. I don't think it is fair to hound the few women that do make an appearance. Being mostly anti-social, I rarely PM people: male or female.

If I wanted to get serious about looking, I would try local activities that interest me first. As I understand it, long-distance relationships rarely work out.

October 30, 2014, 06:12:07 PM
and by the way, if you hate "sig spam" you're on the wrong forum
Activity: 672
a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub
October 30, 2014, 05:57:10 PM

*sigh*
Women
Stick to the topic.

Agreed.
October 30, 2014, 05:54:21 PM

*sigh*
Women

what do you mean spam? Also, what's wrong with a happy face?

Spam-- as in the junk that people like awesome31312* add to their sig in the hopes of netting a few pennies. (yeah I know I should just enable the "Don't show users' signatures" option and stop complaining)

* nothing personal, I just hate sig spam

Stick to the topic.
Pages:
Jump to: