Pages:
Author

Topic: Am I the only girl on here? : ( - page 61. (Read 147216 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 251
October 25, 2014, 12:21:05 PM

Bitcoin Infrastructure

There are a lot of new Bitcoin companies out there that are making Bitcoin easier to obtain and easier to use. For example coinbase which allows you to buy Bitcoins right away into an account. Around some of these new companies such as Circle who are trying to introduce things like Bitcoin banking. Which I think is absolutely ridiculous, Bitcoin was never meant to be banked.

You need to remember that most of these companies have been started by ex PayPal or ex Visa/MasterCard employee's etc. and they want their hands on your Bitcoins. So do yourself a favour and BE YOUR OWN BANK. Use your Bitcoins with companies that you really think are giving you a good service/benefit.

Is Bitstamp ok? I haven't had any problems with them yet but since I seem to pick all the companies that end up scamming everyone I'm thinking maybe I should ask you what your opinion is? Smiley

Bitstamp have been pretty good so far, and they've been around for quite a bit. They also have an independent third party audit of their finances. They do require ID verification for all accounts, no exceptions.

As more established companies carry out audits, and they're made available to the public, then there'll be some rest of mind. However, you should still be careful, as it's possible for some audits to be fake.

Thanks so much for this info!
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
October 25, 2014, 11:51:53 AM
It's the first time i see a girl here ahah its like when i see girl play at call of duty, it s so cool !!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
October 25, 2014, 07:47:11 AM

Thanks for all the info kodeon, you legend.
Unfortunately I already have miners (close to turning them off very soon if BTC doesn't go up) , and already have a pre order with BFL Sad
But I'm sure things will pick up, everyone on here says it's only the beginning in a way Smiley

Go solo mine! Maybe you are lucky and find a block by yourself Smiley
Activity: 165
October 25, 2014, 06:29:52 AM
Is Bitstamp ok? I haven't had any problems with them yet but since I seem to pick all the companies that end up scamming everyone I'm thinking maybe I should ask you what your opinion is? Smiley

I see why this thread is still active.  You are bumping it with off-topic replies.  Just a warning - such activity is against forum rules and can get you banned.

Stop trying so hard to get attention.

Typical woman attention whoring  Grin. I agree with vod, though, this thread has served it's purpose. You've established there are little to no girls here so move on to the rest of the board and forget about this thread.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
October 25, 2014, 06:08:40 AM

I see why this thread is still active.  You are bumping it with off-topic replies.  Just a warning - such activity is against forum rules and can get you banned.

Stop trying so hard to get attention.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
October 25, 2014, 04:53:33 AM
Oh yeah, most definitely. I forgot to add that part in. I don't store anything on exchanges for more than 24 hours, at most.
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
October 25, 2014, 04:45:37 AM

Bitcoin Infrastructure

There are a lot of new Bitcoin companies out there that are making Bitcoin easier to obtain and easier to use. For example coinbase which allows you to buy Bitcoins right away into an account. Around some of these new companies such as Circle who are trying to introduce things like Bitcoin banking. Which I think is absolutely ridiculous, Bitcoin was never meant to be banked.

You need to remember that most of these companies have been started by ex PayPal or ex Visa/MasterCard employee's etc. and they want their hands on your Bitcoins. So do yourself a favour and BE YOUR OWN BANK. Use your Bitcoins with companies that you really think are giving you a good service/benefit.

Bitstamp have been pretty good so far, and they've been around for quite a bit. They also have an independent third party audit of their finances. They do require ID verification for all accounts, no exceptions.

As more established companies carry out audits, and they're made available to the public, then there'll be some rest of mind. However, you should still be careful, as it's possible for some audits to be fake.

Bitstamp has been a good exchange, but still you should only treat it as an exchange but not your wallet (ie. don't store your bitcoin on it but on your own personal wallet).
Activity: 266
October 25, 2014, 04:10:01 AM

Bitcoin Infrastructure

Activity: 826
Merit: 504
October 25, 2014, 02:50:28 AM
i seen a few females on here, but they were advertising about their cam shows lol.

They have their ways of making Bitcoin, why are you saying "lol"?
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
October 25, 2014, 02:21:59 AM
i seen a few females on here, but they were advertising about their cam shows lol.
October 24, 2014, 08:05:56 PM

Bitcoin Infrastructure

October 22, 2014, 07:43:02 PM

To grow a pair...it's a saying...merged with why don't you make like a tree and leave. It's a joke., play on words kinda. Its not as funny after the explanation lol.
Ps. Why do you want to see my boobs so badly? I know you're either a guy or a lesbian, either way it's not appropriate to ask me for boob pics.

"To grow a pair...it's a saying...merged with why don't you make like a tree and leave. It's a joke., play on words kinda. Its not as funny after the explanation lol."
Okay English isn't my native language so I am not so familiar with all these sayings.

"Ps. Why do you want to see my boobs so badly? I know you're either a guy or a lesbian, either way it's not appropriate to ask me for boob pics."
No, no, you have understood this completly wrong! It isn't anything sexually it is just for proofing that you really a girl. It is so rear at this forum so I need some proofs about that you know.

That's alright, what's your native language?
Ps. Lol, naked pic but nothing sexual? Makes no sense haha

Lol, you as a girl should know what he's about. It amazes me this topic got 18 pages of comments. I'm guessing 10% of all guys commenting in this thread just want to see fresh meat.

I think he's a girl maybe! I don't know.
Ps.10%? Sounds about right : )

Activity: 154
October 22, 2014, 05:51:44 PM

To grow a pair...it's a saying...merged with why don't you make like a tree and leave. It's a joke., play on words kinda. Its not as funny after the explanation lol.
Ps. Why do you want to see my boobs so badly? I know you're either a guy or a lesbian, either way it's not appropriate to ask me for boob pics.

"To grow a pair...it's a saying...merged with why don't you make like a tree and leave. It's a joke., play on words kinda. Its not as funny after the explanation lol."
Okay English isn't my native language so I am not so familiar with all these sayings.

"Ps. Why do you want to see my boobs so badly? I know you're either a guy or a lesbian, either way it's not appropriate to ask me for boob pics."
No, no, you have understood this completly wrong! It isn't anything sexually it is just for proofing that you really a girl. It is so rear at this forum so I need some proofs about that you know.

Lol, you as a girl should know what he's about. It amazes me this topic got 18 pages of comments. I'm guessing 10% of all guys commenting in this thread just want to see fresh meat.
October 22, 2014, 05:10:40 PM

Activity: 262
October 22, 2014, 01:50:39 PM
boobs or gtfo

You think being rude to a girl makes you more manly. that's so immature. Why don't you make like a tree and grow a pear.

lol, it obiviosly made me look manly because I have never said that I would be a man Wink

So you're a girl then?? Why didn't you say so before? Pretending to be a guy is as shady as pretending to be a girl.

That is not what I said... Can you tell me why are you trying to guess my gender so eagerly? I don't think that is your business at all!
And now it is even more obiviosly that being rude to girls makes ppl more manly since if girl does so she is " pretending to be a guy" Cheesy

I'm not trying to guess your gender, I couldn't care less. Just please don't be rude to me by saying "boobs or gtfo". I'm uncomfortable with you asking to see my boobs, especially if you're a girl.

I'm sorry but if you wont post picture of your boobs with timestamp I don't belive that you are girl.

And why didn't you say "I'm uncomfortable with you asking to see my boobs, especially if you're a girl." at your first quote and instead you started to talk about growing pear trees (wtf?)?

October 22, 2014, 01:41:15 PM
boobs or gtfo

You think being rude to a girl makes you more manly. that's so immature. Why don't you make like a tree and grow a pear.

lol, it obiviosly made me look manly because I have never said that I would be a man Wink

So you're a girl then?? Why didn't you say so before? Pretending to be a guy is as shady as pretending to be a girl.

That is not what I said... Can you tell me why are you trying to guess my gender so eagerly? I don't think that is your business at all!
And now it is even more obiviosly that being rude to girls makes ppl more manly since if girl does so she is " pretending to be a guy" Cheesy

I'm not trying to guess your gender, I couldn't care less. Just please don't be rude to me by saying "boobs or gtfo". I'm uncomfortable with you asking to see my boobs, especially if you're a girl.

I'm sorry but if you wont post picture of your boobs with timestamp I don't belive that you are girl.

And why didn't you say "I'm uncomfortable with you asking to see my boobs, especially if you're a girl." at your first quote and instead you started to talk about growing pear trees (wtf?)?

October 22, 2014, 01:13:54 PM
boobs or gtfo

October 22, 2014, 12:58:03 PM
boobs or gtfo

October 22, 2014, 12:18:09 PM
boobs or gtfo

October 22, 2014, 11:51:55 AM

I've heard that so many times since I joined lol. But seriously it would be great to change that skepticism into acceptance for us girls if more and more of us join up and speak up instead of hiding behind a male nickname forever, which is a pretty sad prospect if u think about it.

The skepticism is there for a reason because the only time people announce themselves as female is usually just to pretend that they are. There's no reason to believe you are a female either regardless or your instance that you are one. I think a better way for women to get involved would be to not come out and announce that they're female straight away and maybe not even mention it at all unless it needs to be because gender is irrelevant here.

Usually but not always, not in my case anyway. I wish I could kill that skepticism concept, well I've been here for many weeks now and I haven't asked for any loans or scammed anyone, so far so good Smiley

That's only because if you did you know you'd be called out straight away with it and get negative feedback faster than you could say there's sand in my vagina. Most 'female' scammers would probably wait a while and try groom their victims before trying a scam. If I was you I'd forget this thread and let it die and just carry on posting as you normally would, because like I said your gender is irrelevant here unless you are wanting to use it to your advantage for whatever reasons.

Nobody here denies that pretending-to-be-a-female-and-scamming is common. But gender is not irrelevant: if it were, it wouldn't bring with it the hostility we've seen in this thread.

Let's consider some IRL analogies. If a woman walks into my church, I don't think anything unusual about it. If a woman walks into my basement and wants to play WoW with me and my male nerdy buddies, that is unusual.*

Now I could care less if the playership of WoW is mostly male, but substitute math club in for WoW, and suddenly I do start to care. A hostile environment for young women interested in math is something to be concerned about (and, for the record, back when I was in a math club in high school (yeah I was that kind of nerd), there were no women in it).

Bitcoin compares most closely to that last example. If it's ever going to be taken seriously, it has to have the same gender balance as, say, the USD. I don't think it's particularly relevant whether or not any single individual (e.g. fabiola) is male or female, but the existing gender imbalance of Bitcoin and the occasional hostility that goes along with it absolutely is relevant.

* Those were just examples, I'm neither religious nor a WoW player, nor do I live in my parents' basement Wink

You're always so right btcchris, thanks so much! If there was a btc president election I would vote for you Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: